Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
I see no reason to not work with what you have and adapt during season 1 to win and maintain some sense of competitiveness while recruiting for your future players ... a lot of what we have seen so far doesn't include much adaptation .... I think the consensus here is that we are all willing to give ML time to implement for the next couple of years - but what is troubling is not trying the tweaks that could help us this year and that is creating some paranoia about the next few years because a LOT of us aren't completely sold on 100% air raid as we have seen it in the past - it's gonna take some tweaking or even a hybrid version to work in this conference. All I'm seeing so far is an adamant attitude to do things the same old way it has been done in the past ...... I'm pro Leach and willing to wait it out because I believe it will take something out of the ordinary to get us anywhere - it's just difficult to watch right now when we all have our own ideas about how to improve on this system. And no we aren't guys that make our living by coaching football but we do have some intellect about ourselves and it's easy to see a hesitation to change things up much

and this isn't helping to soothe

My biggest take from looking at those stats is our turnovers are absolutely killing us. Will Rogers getting sick has set us back some too because I think that was a factor in going with Costello so long. And maybe Costello even still start- although he shouldn't.