Thread: Ark/Ky/Aggie

vCash

Ark/Ky/Aggie

I know from the boards it seems as though the world is falling for our football program but after looking at the losses now, none of them were to absolutely atrocious teams.

Comparing last years Arkansas team to this years isn't even worth the time.
    2019, We got them at the end of a horrid season last year with a lame duck head coach that everyone knew was going to be fired. Hard for a team to get up and play for a guy that is gone after losing a bunch of games.
    2020, Completely different. The whole team has bought in and the previous staffs didn't recruit at a horrible rate for an extended amount of time. They still have a roster with enough talent to play with most teams in the league with a competent coach and that is exactly what we have seen. They gave UGA a good game for 3 quarters, beat us, had Auburn on the ropes and should have won that game on the road, they spanked OM. They aren't nearly as bad as everyone on here(for that matter everyone in the conference) expected them to be.

Most people expected for KY to have another decent year. Which they are putting together. They have an older roster. They had 3 Srs, a Jr and one RS So starting on the OL and in the base 3-4 on D they have 2 Srs and a Jr. So up front they return a lot of experience. Again, woulda, shoulda, coulda, but on paper this was always going to be a tough game despite what we have done to them over the last 3-4 years. They spanked us the last time we went to Lexington as well.

Texas A and M is loaded with a talented roster. Our Defense gave us a chance to win that football game just as they had done the previous 2 weeks. A and M still has a better roster than we do and they have been running their system for a few years now with a veteran QB. Yea Mond is Mond he struggles at times but he is still a veteran that knows that offense.

Guys, all of this has been discussed ad nauseum but we need to put the brakes on Leach. Those that claim this won't work here and those that claim it will work honestly have no clue at this point. There is absolutely no way of knowing that yet.

Our roster was not set up to run this system well and we discussed that from the get go that there would be a learning curve and to give him some time. So what changed from before the season to now? Why does he all of the sudden have to prove what he is going to be now. Because we beat a bad LSU team that lost a pile of starters right before the season that refused to move out of man coverage?

This guy has won everywhere he has been and it has taken him a little time to get things rolling. Give him some time. We can't keep firing coaches on an extremely short leash, especially when we are radically changing the scheme. I do believe we will improve incrementally as the season unfolds and I think we end up with a couple of more wins before it is over with.

We have already seen drastic improvements in several areas that we wanted to. Our Defense has been better despite most on here thinking it would be a weak spot. Guys are in shape this year and it is noticeably different from the last two seasons. Special teams is much improved. We aren't seeing near the number of dumb pre snap penalties that we saw the last two years. Leach has us headed in the right direction from a discipline standpoint lets give him some time to get his scheme implemented and his players in here.

vCash
    14, 2, and 7. It is very difficult to put up offensive numbers that bad in 2020. A&M was giving up 300 yards a game through the air before playing us. We actually put up fewer yards than Vandy did!

People aren?t upset with Leach just because we are losing. It?s because the offense is completely non-competitive against the exact same defensive scheme every week. Most offensive coordinators would love to know exactly what defense they?re going to see on 90% of snaps. We have seen it 3 games in a row and are actually handling it worse and worse.
    Last edited by bluelightstar; 10-19-2020 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Excellent post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    14, 2, and 7. It is very difficult to put up offensive numbers that bad in 2020. A&M was giving up 300 yards a game through the air before playing us.

People aren?t upset with Leach just because we are losing. It?s because the offense is completely non-competitive against the exact same defensive scheme every week. Most offensive coordinators would love to know exactly what defense they?re going to see on 90% of snaps. We have seen it 3 games in a row and are actually handling it worse and worse.
    Which is why I suspect we are about to make a QB change. One that may have been made sooner if Rogers wasn't sick.

vCash
    Now would be the time for some to take a game or two off. Just don't watch for a while. Hey, don't watch until we win four in a row. By then, maybe the blues will be gone away.

vCash
    Arkansas is better, but there is no excuse to lose to them. That game is the worst because it?s all on Leach for not taking the field goals. Kentucky game was disappointing because of how inept we looked. Losing that game isn?t that horrible but it?s the way we lost. Had we lost 20-17 with minimal turnovers and not shooting our selves in the foot I can live with. Losing to aTm is not that disappointing because they are more experienced and more talented.

vCash
    You are right about none of our losses being to bad teams. But three offensive touchdowns in three games (including two games at home) has been really tough to watch.

vCash
    It's nice to see some level headedness around here. It does suck to see how inept we have been, but, I agree we will see improvements.

vCash
    We can say we don't have the roster to run this offense. The LSU game says we do to the tune of an SEC passing record.

What is the difference? This offense can't attack the drop 8, at least not yet. Can Leach adjust and figure it out? None of us know but we know he is struggling after 3 of worst games on O in MSU history.

All this is fact. Anything else is just opinion and extrapolation.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Now would be the time for some to take a game or two off. Just don't watch for a while. Hey, don't watch until we win four in a row. By then, maybe the blues will be gone away.
    Which 4? We just finished our stretch that could have been 4.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We can say we don't have the roster to run this offense. The LSU game says we do to the tune of an SEC passing record.

What is the difference? This offense can't attack the drop 8, at least not yet. Can Leach adjust and figure it out? None of us know but we know he is struggling after 3 of worst games on O in MSU history.

All this is fact. Anything else is just opinion and extrapolation.
    Running routes against man can be easier at times than sitting down and finding a soft spot in zone. Hitting guys that beat their man off the line down the field is much easier than finding holes in an 8 man zone. Yea, the O looked good against a man D.

The last 3-4 years we have seen more man coverage than zone. None of our WRs have seen just a ton of zone concepts like we are seeing now. Some WRS naturally have a feel for where the soft spots are some have to learn. These guys are seeing and learning quite a bit. Give it time, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Not the end of the world. I don't think any of your livelihoods depend on state winning football games. So relax a bit and have a little patience.

It is funny most of you older folks give the younger generation sh** about always wanting instant gratification and then come on here and bi*** about a new coach and a new scheme struggling and that this will never work and we need to fire him already. Pot call Kettle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Which 4? We just finished our stretch that could have been 4.
    Hey, they might be not watching for a long time but maybe it would relieve their pain and agony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Hey, they might be not watching for a long time but maybe it would relieve their pain and agony.
    HAHAHA? Gloom, despair and agony on me! Deep dark depression, excessive misery!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Running routes against man can be easier at times than sitting down and finding a soft spot in zone. Hitting guys that beat their man off the line down the field is much easier than finding holes in an 8 man zone. Yea, the O looked good against a man D.

The last 3-4 years we have seen more man coverage than zone. None of our WRs have seen just a ton of zone concepts like we are seeing now. Some WRS naturally have a feel for where the soft spots are some have to learn. These guys are seeing and learning quite a bit. Give it time, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Not the end of the world. I don't think any of your livelihoods depend on state winning football games. So relax a bit and have a little patience.

It is funny most of you older folks give the younger generation sh** about always wanting instant gratification and then come on here and bi*** about a new coach and a new scheme struggling and that this will never work and we need to fire him already. Pot call Kettle?
    I know accountability is low on the you younger folks but older folks (I'm no spring chicken but I'm not old yet, I'm still working for many more years) don't make excuses. You younger folks like to make stuff up too. What I stated was all fact. I never have said I want Leach fired, or expected a polished product this year or compete for SEC title. If you were a little older, your discernment about what is happening and what will come might be a little sharper. Would be wise to at least listen to those who have seen more MSU football than years you have been alive. Not saying you have to agree with it but you can still learn something.

The sun don't rise and shine on MSU anything for me, my friend but I am true maroon. I was born in Starkville while my dad was in school at MSU, I graduated there in 91, and my daughter is there now. Yes I'm vested and a lifer. Where you got on your high horse I have no idea. What are they teaching you guys in school now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Arkansas is better, but there is no excuse to lose to them. That game is the worst because it?s all on Leach for not taking the field goals. Kentucky game was disappointing because of how inept we looked. Losing that game isn?t that horrible but it?s the way we lost. Had we lost 20-17 with minimal turnovers and not shooting our selves in the foot I can live with. Losing to aTm is not that disappointing because they are more experienced and more talented.
    Agree, but I think the days of beating Arkansas and Kentucky more often than not, are over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I know accountability is low on the you younger folks but older folks (I'm no spring chicken but I'm not old yet, I'm still working for many more years) don't make excuses. You younger folks like to make stuff up too. What I stated was all fact. I never have said I want Leach fired, or expected a polished product this year or compete for SEC title. If you were a little older, your discernment about what is happening and what will come might be a little sharper. Would be wise to at least listen to those who have seen more MSU football than years you have been alive. Not saying you have to agree with it but you can still learn something.

The sun don't rise and shine on MSU anything for me, my friend but I am true maroon. I was born in Starkville while my dad was in school at MSU, I graduated there in 91, and my daughter is there now. Yes I'm vested and a lifer. Where you got on your high horse I have no idea. What are they teaching you guys in school now?
    tried to rep this but have to spread some around .... the guy has no freaking idea what it's like to have supported the program this long and after a few years he thinks he has everything all figured out .... I have no idea why he brought age into this thing other than to show his youthful ignorance .... and us older guys thought for ourselves in college as opposed to just lapping up what was lectured .... and that is why we see what he doesn't see - instant gratification my ass**
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.