Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C34 and his unbelievably wrong prediction about our D

vCash

C34 and his unbelievably wrong prediction about our D

We're currently #1 in the conference in yards allowed at 295... #2 is UGA who's at 318.

We're currently #6 in socring D, BUT that's with pick 6's and int's returned inside the 10. Remove just the pick 6's and we climb to #3. We have allowed TDs on drives that start inside our own 5. I don't feel it's fair to count that against the D, and even if we had held them to a FG that's still 3 points the D could do nothing about. So lets say the D allowed 4 points each on the 3 TD drives that started inside our 10 this season, and remove the 3 points per drive that they absolutely couldn't do anything about. Now we're #1 in scoring with 19.25 points allowed, and again, THAT'S STILL COUNTING POINTS AGAINST OUR DEFENSE ON DRIVES THAT STARTED INSIDE OUR OWN 10!

C34 said it would be a miracle if we held people to less than 30 points per game, or to finish inside the top 10 in ypg. But Hes refused to admit he was a wrong several times so I guess we're going to give up 550 a game from here on out

vCash
    Everybody was wrong. Wasn't just him.

vCash
    His personality type never admits to being wrong about anything. I think we all know that.

vCash
    It's a weird year.

Everyone is wrong about a lot.

And I don't think it's stopping anytime soon. I think we'll look up at the end of the season and realize we were wrong about many things we think we know right now
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    yeah i dont think coachie is playing with a full deck in even the best of times

vCash
    I think our malcontents on defense are at Florida State. Or were I heard they aren't on the team there anymore either. I respect their decision and their Dad's decision too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's a weird year.

Everyone is wrong about a lot.

And I don't think it's stopping anytime soon. I think we'll look up at the end of the season and realize we were wrong about many things we think we know right now
    Nawww ... just a normal year of everybody being wrong haha.

vCash
    Predictions are hard. C34 used commons sense.

1. walkon no one had ever heard of starting at S.
    2. True freshman CB who weighs 160 soaking weight at Corner
    3. No depth at DT.
    4. No stud pass rusher- A&M protected well
    5. relying on a couple of Jucos which usually takes time
    6. New LB replacing Willie Gay
    7. No real pro prospects

The smart money was that we would struggle. Have to let the season play out, but Arnett looks to be a hell of a coach.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Everybody was wrong. Wasn't just him.
    Everybody does Not get on here and crow about being right about the offense and tell everyone else how stupid they are for not listening to them when they were as wrong as he has been about our defense.

vCash
    Arnette's doing a great a job. This thread is funny considering A&M basically took a knee at our 1 yard line Sat at the end of the game with just basic handoffs

One thing we are seeing with our offense playing vs these Prevent defenses is that we have a very high completion percentage and that is keeping the clock running. We have running holding the ball and dominating TOP. Saturday tho was much more even. We ran 60 plays Sat and A&M ran 57. Thats a quick game. For the season- we run 12 more plays per game than our opponents- Upig ran 65 plays, Kentucky 52, and 57 by A&M. Prevent is bleeding the clock and shortening games. So that helps alot.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The defense is clearly better than we thought, but A&M was using the entire play clock in the 3rd quarter. People are definitely taking the air out of the ball against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    The defense is clearly better than we thought, but A&M was using the entire play clock in the 3rd quarter. People are definitely taking the air out of the ball against us.
    Our games are incredibly boring to watch. I thought it would at least be entertaining have Leach as our coach.

vCash
    When Bama scores half a 100, his douche ass will set you straight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Arnette's doing a great a job. This thread is funny considering A&M basically took a knee at our 1 yard line Sat at the end of the game with just basic handoffs

One thing we are seeing with our offense playing vs these Prevent defenses is that we have a very high completion percentage and that is keeping the clock running. We have running holding the ball and dominating TOP. Saturday tho was much more even. We ran 60 plays Sat and A&M ran 57. Thats a quick game. For the season- we run 12 more plays per game than our opponents- Upig ran 65 plays, Kentucky 52, and 57 by A&M. Prevent is bleeding the clock and shortening games. So that helps alot.
    If A&M had scored at the end there it would change NOTHING about my post. We'd still be #1 in ypg and #6 in scoring, #2 in scoring after adjusting for the O messing up. Nice try though to take the end of 1 drive and imply it counters data over 4 games

And for the rest of your post, once again you refuse to admit you were wrong and are now saying our god awful O having a high TOP is actual reason our D doesn't suck like you said they would. Pathetic

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Arnett is outstanding. That’s a fact. May be the best DC in the country. Could you imagine the 2018 defense with him ?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Still afraid to admit you were wrong huh fat boy?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    You know what else is funny about this thread? Coach’s waterboy’s taking up for him.

That’s what’s funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Still afraid to admit you were wrong huh fat boy?
    That great psychology, why dont you say something bad about my mama next?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'll chime in. I said we were going to be bad on d as well. So he shouldn't be e only guy taking the bullets. Look I saw our offense shred our d In scrimmages....1 on 1. 2 on 2's. Which the latter scared me even more cause you have to have defensive depth and our OL owned our d line. When I saw them. The week before the season the d line started getting pressure more than they were but I was getting that thru reports and wasn't about to change what I saw w my own eyes. I also said all along Arnett was going to be good just had limited personnel. At this point t we have played one good offense, A&M. So we shall see how it ends. Everyone thought our offense was great after one game too. I was also worried th at teams would line up and pound us. Uk couldn't and A&M did they were dumb throwing as much as they did. With all that said, I'll admit we have been better than I every remotely dreamed on defense and clearly, up to this point I was wrong. Hope it stays that way, we clearly we play hard and that's good.

vCash
    Posted our D was legit. Damn was run off the board. Said our WR were improved and I own that one. I have more info but I'd rather not say anything right now