Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
I get the frustration, but I believe being able to pass is the only way we can compete for the West within the foreseeable future. It's the only way.

So, while yes I understand that we're a historically running team, it's been proven time and time again that the ceiling of that style of play with the talent we're capable of getting, is a 9-3 to 8-4 type program. While that's certainly solid, we can always return to that, but it's pertinent that we at least try to take this thing to the next level

While it may not work, I believe the vision of developing into a passing team is the right thing to do no matter how painful it may be on the way there.
You can try to transition into a pass first team without becoming pass only. I understand that Leach isn't going anywhere and shouldn't (barring us going 2-8 this year and following up with another disaster next year). But the tremendous potential downside to bringing in Mike Leach's Air Raid--an offense that he concedes is *simple* and that is painfully one-dimensional--to a league with coaching staffs that work 20-hour days and meticulously analyze every snap of every opponent should have been obvious.