Thread: Please make a permanent QB change

vCash

Please make a permanent QB change

I will start by saying this is not to argue about how shitty our offensive line is, but what is it with our head coaches and absolute refusal to make a QB change over the last 3 years? I don't think there are many other teams that would have kept trotting guys back out there for as long as we did after certain performances. Fitz in 2018 at LSU, Tommy countless times last year, and now Costello this year. What part of 30 straight offensive possessions without a score is promising? It almost seems intentional and you would think the head coach, of all people, would be tired of seeing the same thing over and over. Is the offensive line and scheme bad? Yes, but you have got to try and change something up to find a spark. If you're not going to change your scheme to help, put someone in there that can do it better. It wasn't game changing but clear that Rogers seems more fluid in the offense and the team responded well to him, not to mention he has 4 more years to play. Obviously debatable, but I think the o-line quit on KJ and are tired of the offense as a whole beating their head against the wall.

vCash
    It drives me nuts too. It sure as hell shouldn't take 9 interceptions in a row to make a change.

I get that Will was sick but he should have started against A&M. He played better than Costello did against Kentucky too.

Essentially we pissed away our game against Texas A&M hoping for a miracle. And all we got were a couple of PETA protestors getting drug off the field.

If we brought Will in after the first quarter like we should have we still may have won the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It drives me nuts too. It sure as hell shouldn't take 9 interceptions in a row to make a change.

I get that Will was sick but he should have started against A&M. He played better than Costello did against Kentucky too.

Essentially we pissed away our game against Texas A&M hoping for a miracle. And all we got were a couple of PETA protestors getting drug off the field.

If we brought Will in after the first quarter like we should have we still may have won the game.
    And he would have more confidence heading in to a Bama game that could hurt his confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    And he would have more confidence heading in to a Bama game that could hurt his confidence.
    That can go two ways. Yeah- he could get ruined for life. Knowing MSU that is probably what will happen. He also could have some success and build off of it too. I do agree that if he had even more experience he would be even more comfortable.