Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line single handedly..

vCash

Offensive Line single handedly..

Lost the game yesterday. I just had the chance to go back and watch the game this morning and that has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen by that group. There is no way we can ever get anything going with the way this group is blocking. KJ gets very little blame from me today based on what that group put him through. They can't block one on one with a person head up on them. They can't help when no one is head up and look for a coming blitzer to pick up. Can't really run block worth a flip either. I saw our center on a run play have no one head up on and just take one step to the left and let a LB rush towards him, knock him down, and go make the tackle. Just absolutely God awful performance all the way around. They were the cause of KJ fumble and also contributed a little to the KJ pick(probably shouldn't have thrown it anyway). It was constant pressure all day, mixed in with some penalties, that just killed anything offensively. They cost us a deep shot for a TD when one of our receivers got behind the D, but pressure eliminated that chance. There is good reason we can't throw deep routes. We have no freaking time. Barely have enough time to throw a 10-15 yard out. Just absolutely atrocious. No offense will work with this garbage OL. I guess I see now why we are trying to recruit a lot for this position.

And all this talk of firing Leach is laughable. The man is trying to install his offense. Sure he could change it up for Shrader, but what is that accomplishing for next year. If you want fire someone, how bout the OL coach. But maybe it's not his fault. Heck we just let people run right by us untouched at times. Just horrible. Would like to hear other thought or if I'm wrong. Will discuss after church. Catch y'all in a little bit.

vCash
    Maybe Hevesy can write them a letter telling them what they are doing wrong.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Lost the game yesterday. I just had the chance to go back and watch the game this morning and that has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen by that group. There is no way we can ever get anything going with the way this group is blocking. KJ gets very little blame from me today based on what that group put him through. They can't block one on one with a person head up on them. They can't help when no one is head up and look for a coming blitzer to pick up. Can't really run block worth a flip either. I saw our center on a run play have no one head up on and just take one step to the left and let a LB rush towards him, knock him down, and go make the tackle. Just absolutely God awful performance all the way around. They were the cause of KJ fumble and also contributed a little to the KJ pick(probably shouldn't have thrown it anyway). It was constant pressure all day, mixed in with some penalties, that just killed anything offensively. They cost us a deep shot for a TD when one of our receivers got behind the D, but pressure eliminated that chance. There is good reason we can't throw deep routes. We have no freaking time. Barely have enough time to throw a 10-15 yard out. Just absolutely atrocious. No offense will work with this garbage OL. I guess I see now why we are trying to recruit a lot for this position.

And all this talk of firing Leach is laughable. The man is trying to install his offense. Sure he could change it up for Shrader, but what is that accomplishing for next year. If you want fire someone, how bout the OL coach. But maybe it's not his fault. Heck we just let people run right by us untouched at times. Just horrible. Would like to hear other thought or if I'm wrong. Will discuss after church. Catch y'all in a little bit.
    Yeah. It's been the single worst unit on the field BY FAR.

I wonder if our centers are making bad protection calls?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Or maybe it's because of what they are being asked to do

vCash
    Yep ... they've been very bad. I've seen all this too. We have no center right now. And 2 of other 4 are very young and confused. Eiland still can't move well either.

This cupboard is very bare. In fact it may be the worst I can remember at MSU. We have a little bit of young talent but it has a ways to go. Croom didn't inherit this bad of depth/talent/inexperience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    This cupboard is very bare. In fact it may be the worst I can remember at MSU. We have a little bit of young talent but it has a ways to go. Croom didn't inherit this bad of depth/talent/inexperience.
    This is absurd. This same group of players set an ALL TIME SEC RECORD vs LSU and their foolish man to man defense. Croom had Will Prosser and Joey Sanders at WR with Kyle York at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Ding, ding. Winner. At the very least it's a combination.

vCash
    Well, we're recruiting nobodies on the OL and just lost our top JC OL recruit. So don't expect improvement soon. We're years away from winning anything if this offense even works.

vCash
    I saw something happen several times that puzzled me. We were winning a block one on one then, after about 3 seconds, our guy would turn him loose and go double team on another block we were already winning. A lot of the pressures yesterday were because of this instead of us getting whipped.

Rogers did better against it because he seemed more decisive with the ball.

vCash
    Block?

vCash
    Even so, blocking head up can't be that complicated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This is absurd. This same group of players set an ALL TIME SEC RECORD vs LSU and their foolish man to man defense. Croom had Will Prosser and Joey Sanders at WR with Kyle York at QB.
    Then how did we block more guys vs LSU and can't block 3 or 4 now? What has changed? The whiff on people head up. They let blitzing LBs run right by them when no one was on them to begin with(and still hit nobody).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well, we're recruiting nobodies on the OL and just lost our top JC OL recruit. So don't expect improvement soon. We're years away from winning anything if this offense even works.
    Then we need to hit the grad transfer portal if JUCO isn't an option. Cross, Smith, and Dollar Bill all have good upside and will get better. They're also all freshmen or sophomores. We just need to find two guards. But for the future we have the three most difficult spots to fill.

vCash
    Then how did we block more guys vs LSU and can't block 3 or 4 now? What has changed? The whiff on people head up. They let blitzing LBs run right by them when no one was on them to begin with(and still hit nobody).
    Not sure of the particulars but I have seen Marks whiff some in pass protection.

vCash
    I go back to the point that no offense will work without decent OL play, so they better start trying to find people and fix that first. Nobodies sure isn't going to work.

vCash
    It's mental. Just listened to Leach's press conference and says there is communication issues

vCash
    We're 4 games into a new system.

Relax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not sure of the particulars but I have seen Marks whiff some in pass protection.
    Yes but our RBs are in a pass route waaaay more than stay in to protect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Croom inherited Jerious Norwood and David Stewart. Also had Omar Conner & Tee Milons. Not saying what Croom inherited was great but Norword and Stewart were NFL players, and were at the time Croom inherited them. Stewart was a Sr. Norwood was a Jr.

Name one NFL offensive player we have on our roster right now. Maybe Cross or Dolla Bill but they awfully inexperienced and young right now.

vCash
    Yes but our RBs are in a pass route waaaay more than stay in to protect.
    Agree. It was one play that I had in mind that stood out for some reason. The entire line is much more of an issue.