Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- I Don?t Give A %*^+ Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- I Don?t Give A %*^+ Edition

I was visiting my children yesterday and watched about a quarter. I?ve had enough of the Sylvester Leach offense. When you can?t handle a prevent D as an offense coach- you are doing it wrong. Stop with the Leach had bad 1st years ago Tech and Wash State- he?s had 20 years as a HC to figure it out. Not to mention TT was a solid program when he took it over. End of story.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So Moorhead left us with a solid team? Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I was visiting my children yesterday and watched about a quarter. I?ve had enough of the Sylvester Leach offense. When you can?t handle a prevent D as an offense coach- you are doing it wrong. Stop with the Leach had bad 1st years ago Tech and Wash State- he?s had 20 years as a HC to figure it out. Not to mention TT was a solid program when he took it over. End of story.
    100% agree 34, The Pirate had some success in the other two "Passing But No Defense Leagues"! I also quit watching after halftime, I've seen some bad football at Msu and this year is right there at the bottom.

vCash
    Every national college football analyst said Leach needed a more viable run game for the air raid to work in the SEC. They're right. Also, I'd say Leach needs a good, tough dual threat QB at the helm b/c at any snap he can take off for 10+ yards if they drop into an 8 man zone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Every national college football analyst said Leach needed a more viable run game for the air raid to work in the SEC. They're right. Also, I'd say Leach needs a good, tough dual threat QB at the helm b/c at any snap he can take off for 10+ yards if they drop into an 8 man zone.
    Yes sir

vCash
    What 34 said. Just 17 it all. I am 17ing done until baseball season.
    Last edited by State82; 10-18-2020 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Cool, nobody cares
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Anyone who watched the last 15-20 minutes of the game can see that this offense will work with the right QB.

Throw out an offensive line that looks like a Chinese fire drill every snap. Despite their ineptitude, Will was able to make the decisions and move around to make the throws on the money. For whatever reason, the entire offense seemed to wake up when he went in. Receivers were getting separation and actually catching hard thrown balls.

Despite our OL struggling to block a sneeze, anyone with one eye can see a glimpse into the future. Even had A&M buddies texting me first half, asking what the hell our OL was doing. They even noticed we were not even getting a hand on the defense almost every play. I focused more on the OL than the actual play most of the game. It was as bad as I have ever seen. Just minimal improvement from the OL (touching a defender) will help this offense as long as Tyler Russell 2.0 KJ is not in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Anyone who watched the last 15-20 minutes of the game can see that this offense will work with the right QB.

Throw out an offensive line that looks like a Chinese fire drill every snap. Despite their ineptitude, Will was able to make the decisions and move around to make the throws on the money. For whatever reason, the entire offense seemed to wake up when he went in. Receivers were getting separation and actually catching hard thrown balls.

Despite our OL struggling to block a sneeze, anyone with one eye can see a glimpse into the future. Even had A&M buddies texting me first half, asking what the hell our OL was doing. They even noticed we were not even getting a hand on the defense almost every play. I focused more on the OL than the actual play most of the game. It was as bad as I have ever seen. Just minimal improvement from the OL (touching a defender) will help this offense as long as Tyler Russell 2.0 KJ is not in the game.
    We saw Rogers the previous week in a contested game, and it didn't work. I'm all for giving Rogers his shot, but he played yesterday in essentially garbage time... at 28-7, that game was done, finished, over.

vCash

It's obvious Will has a much better grasp of this offense. It's on Leach for not putting him in at the start of the 2nd quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We saw Rogers the previous week in a contested game, and it didn't work. I'm all for giving Rogers his shot, but he played yesterday in essentially garbage time... at 28-7, that game was done, finished, over.
    Jimbo was running out the clock in the 3rd quarter and people think a garbage time TD drive is proof the offense is about to work. I mean, A&M forced a 3 and out on the next drive.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Garbage time or not, they were playing prevent defense almost the entire game. The effort level when Will came in was night and day different. Even while watching pregame warmups, you could see who the better player was. I posted this yesterday before the game started. Will was hitting the receivers in stride with firm passes. KJ was high and behind people even in warmups, with no zip on the ball. Something clearly is wrong. And from observations the team and crowd yesterday could see this as well.

vCash
    I am excited to see Rodgers play. I also want to see him do it when the other team doesn't have a 3 touchdown lead late in the game.

People ask how defensive ends can get pressure while only rushing 3. They are SEC defensive ends that dont respect the idea we will even think about running the ball. Our response to that is leave our tackles on islands against an SEC defensive end. Dont be surprised when the defensive end wins some of those snaps.

I do agree about the effort level changed when Rodgers entered. I also agree it is a very telling sign when a QB has to pick himself off the ground.
    Last edited by hp22; 10-18-2020 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Yep. And the 3 & out was a result of 3 passes behind the LOS, no of which produced positive yards. Getting rid of the ball quickly isn't necessarily a good thing. In the case of the last drive, I think it was easy pass with no read of the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I guess they should hire you Coach.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    100% agree 34, The Pirate had some success in the other two "Passing But No Defense Leagues"! I also quit watching after halftime, I've seen some bad football at Msu and this year is right there at the bottom.
    Well Base my friend, if you quit watching at halftime you missed our future, Rogers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Yep. And the 3 & out was a result of 3 passes behind the LOS, no of which produced positive yards. Getting rid of the ball quickly isn't necessarily a good thing. In the case of the last drive, I think it was easy pass with no read of the defense.
    A false start after a 6 yard gain on the first play

vCash
    You act like we hang on your every word... because yea, my first thought when I woke up this morning
    Was “I gotta hurry up, get my coffee, and see what C34 thinks about the game last night..” No one give a shit...

vCash

KJ was holding the ball too long, rogers was throwing quick and didn't have nearly the amount of pressure that KJ had. Rouge Dawg good look! Rep given!

vCash
    7, Rogers got reps this week with the 1's because Leach knew he was going to have to use him. You have to have those reps to be successful!