Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Pittman succeeding and MSU is not?

vCash

Why Pittman succeeding and MSU is not?

Simple Q.

vCash
    His Qb transfer is better.

vCash
    Odom
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Briles

vCash
    Luck

vCash
    He doesn't have a one dimensional offense and he's a better motivator. And he's got two good coordinators

vCash
    - Defenses are a wash as both are solid and about equal.

- Since Arkansas has lost so many games, I think the players were hungrier to win and don't have the culture issues we're battling.

- I'm not a Franks fan, but he's taking care of the ball.

- And perhaps mostly, Arkansas' offensive scheme is much more similar to what they've run in the past than what we're doing. Consider the OL splits and speed necessary in the reads.

Pittman has done a great job but they're playing Mullen style football in which more talent is needed. I don't see much upside with Arkansas' style of play and they're mostly winning off other teams screwing up. Arkansas style is perfect for going from bad to decent, but offers no upside.

I think we're on the right path but it's taking a little longer due the OL splits and QB situation
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He doesn't have a one dimensional offense and he's a better motivator. And he's got two good coordinators
    I don't agree.

Motivation isn't an issue for us and don't see much upside in their offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't agree.

Didn't leach just say we have "malcontents"? That's motivation, Gun. Arkansas has bought in bc of Pittman.

vCash
    I don't agree.

they're more motivated than us. It's that simple. They're playing hard for Pittman.

Their offense isn't anything special, but it's better than our's. Disagree all you want. Those are the facts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Didn't leach just say we have "malcontents"? That's motivation, Gun. Arkansas has bought in bc of Pittman.
    That could be cause Leach isn't a "rah-rah" guy. But if one of the malcontents is someone who is supposed to be a leader and is a de facto leader (Hill), that can pull your whole team down, or at very least whole side of ball he plays on.

If we don't turn ball over inside their 30 yd line or so and score pts, we beat Arky. And Franks is a much better transfer QB and going from Mullen's O to Briles' probably wasn't much of a stretch for him. And he's used to speed/physicality of SEC too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    That could be cause Leach isn't a "rah-rah" guy. But if one of the malcontents is someone who is supposed to be a leader and is a de facto leader (Hill), that can pull your whole team down, or at very least whole side of ball he plays on.

If we don't turn ball over inside their 30 yd line or so and score pts, we beat Arky. And Franks is a much better transfer QB and going from Mullen's O to Briles' probably wasn't much of a stretch for him. And he's used to speed/physicality of SEC too.
    If we take the FGs, we also beat ark.

vCash
    Having a close friend with a kid on the team it's very simple to tell you why. Complete buy in from the players and all the staff from AD on down. They are marching as one, not one of them is pulling in the other direction.

vCash
    Put the kool aid down Gun, you are making way too much excuses for Leach. He has been a dumpster fire so far! He has way to much Emory, Sly and Joe in him, that being hard headed. Biggest surprise for me has been on defense, no problems with the attitude or players mainly because Leach has nothing to do with that side of the ball.

Hope I'm wrong and I want bash Leach all year long as it's only 4 games which I saw no adjustments on offense.

Btw, Franks has been solid, Arkansas is motivated for sure, seem to be well Coached.

vCash
    His OL doesnt suck.

vCash
    they're more motivated than us. It's that simple. They're playing hard for Pittman.

Their offense isn't anything special, but it's better than our's. Disagree all you want. Those are the facts.
    You don't need a special offense to outperform what we are doing. A standard balanced offense is much harder to stop than what we are currently doing. We have a one dimensional offense that seemingly can't defeat one specific type of defense that everyone is going to run against us. Until that changes we are stuck in a bad way.

vCash
    they're more motivated than us. It's that simple.
    This may be the most ridiculous statement of the day. It'll be tough to beat this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    You don't need a special offense to outperform what we are doing. A standard balanced offense is much harder to stop than what we are currently doing. We have a one dimensional offense that seemingly can't defeat one specific type of defense that everyone is going to run against us. Until that changes we are stuck in a bad way.
    Stop looking 2 inches in front of your face

Leach's offense will give us ceiling we've never had. Isn't that worth a little bit of a wait?

vCash
    Your posts are pretty much exactly what they were after Moorhead's cracks were showing. Now I'll give you that leach has a track record where Moorhead didn't. What concerns me though is leach isn't gonna change from leaving our tackles on an island vs sec DEs... not sure we will ever be able to do that well.

vCash

Leach's offense will give us ceiling we've never had. Isn't that worth a little bit of a wait?
    I'm not even talking about what the Leach offense is capable of being 2 or 3 years now with a different set of players and longer to implement the system. I'm talking about why we are ineffective as we sit here today on October 18th, 2020 and Arkansas is not.