Thread: Why Pittman succeeding and MSU is not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Stop looking 2 inches in front of your face

Leach's offense will give us ceiling we've never had. Isn't that worth a little bit of a wait?
    I'm not even talking about what the Leach offense is capable of being 2 or 3 years now with a different set of players and longer to implement the system. I'm talking about why we are ineffective as we sit here today on October 18th, 2020 and Arkansas is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm not even talking about what the Leach offense is capable of being 2 or 3 years now with a different set of players and longer to implement the system. I'm talking about why we are ineffective as we sit here today on October 18th, 2020 and Arkansas is not.
    But we've explained that. We're making the most dramatic scheme change in college football while they aren't.

It's the same question every day.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    But we've explained that. We're making the most dramatic scheme change in college football while they aren't.

Yep we are going from the offense of today, which was poorly coached, to the offense we ran in the backyard when we were kids. Johnny go long Eddie go to the tree I got 10 Mississippis to find you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Yep we are going from the offense of today, which was poorly coached, to the offense we ran in the backyard when we were kids. Johnny go long Eddie go to the tree I got 10 Mississippis to find you.
    Lmao

vCash

True, but even in this transition period the offense looked pretty dang good against a standard defense playing mostly man. Problem is we won't see that defense ever again until we solve the 3-8 puzzle.

vCash
    True, but even in this transition period the offense looked pretty dang good against a standard defense playing mostly man. Problem is we won't see that defense ever again until we solve the 3-8 puzzle.
    And we'll solve it soon
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Because we will either not or we can not block three defensive linemen.

Heck, even on the blocked punt three men broke through the line and two and a half went through the next three blockers. We do not block anyone.

BTW id we block very well last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post

Heck, even on the blocked punt three men broke through the line and two and a half went through the next three blockers. We do not block anyone.

That blocked punt and the near absence of blocking by our players was a thing to behold. It seemed like the back three didn't even move and/or did not see aTm's players headed that way. Which sounds as ridiculous as it looked on the television.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post

I say again though that the OL we have now have never played in a system like this with the wide splits or been asked to pass protect 90% of the time. Blocking will get better no doubt with more training in the system and practicing pass pro all the time, the question is how much better. Leach and company will be recruiting OL going forward focused on pass protection skills whereas in the past, run blocking was as important if not more important.

vCash
    I say again though that the OL we have now have never played in a system like this with the wide splits or been asked to pass protect 90% of the time. Blocking will get better no doubt with more training in the system and practicing pass pro all the time, the question is how much better. Leach and company will be recruiting OL going forward focused on pass protection skills whereas in the past, run blocking was as important if not more important.
    You're right. And I think the younger guys will become more and more accustomed to it over the years as they develop. We're playing a few really young guys right now like Cross.