Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Pittman succeeding and MSU is not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Personally I think leach is dumber than both of you (not saying either of you are dumb) for having no answer for when his tackles can't handle DEs.
    We need some transfers badly. The guys we have out there now don't have a clue. If I'm an NFL scout and I watch Greg Eiland's tape from Kentucky two years ago and A&M yesterday, I'm saying no thanks.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 10-18-2020 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Personally I think leach is dumber than both of you (not saying either of you are dumb) for having no answer for when his tackles can't handle DEs.
    Lol... the large splits on offense make all lineman like tackles making it even harder to help those struggling.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Really? Where did you hear this?
    You saw it on the sideline yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    You saw it on the sideline yesterday.
    Ahhh. So you could hear what they were sayin?

Again, this may almost be a blessing. Leach is being forced to adjust early in his tenure
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    But we've explained that. We're making the most dramatic scheme change in college football while they aren't.

It's the same question every day.
    Yep we are going from the offense of today, which was poorly coached, to the offense we ran in the backyard when we were kids. Johnny go long Eddie go to the tree I got 10 Mississippis to find you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Yep we are going from the offense of today, which was poorly coached, to the offense we ran in the backyard when we were kids. Johnny go long Eddie go to the tree I got 10 Mississippis to find you.
    Lmao

vCash
    But we've explained that. We're making the most dramatic scheme change in college football while they aren't.

It's the same question every day.
    True, but even in this transition period the offense looked pretty dang good against a standard defense playing mostly man. Problem is we won't see that defense ever again until we solve the 3-8 puzzle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Members of leach?s own offensive staff is telling him he has to change or they will be unemployed in two years? You even saw some of it on the sidelines yesterday.
    Is this based in fact, or applying to the current circumstances what basically happened with Moorhead's staff before the 2018 Auburn game? If the former, this could be a positive thing. Matt Wyatt was saying that when "it looks good in practice" doesn't translate to gameday, somebody has a blind spot and is unable to accurately assess and diagnose what needs to be fixed. Let's hope Coach Leach can integrate constructive criticism. Because if he can't, a good (and potentially great) coach can become a coach who used to be pretty good, but sabotaged it with his ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Put the kool aid down Gun, you are making way too much excuses for Leach. He has been a dumpster fire so far! He has way to much Emory, Sly and Joe in him, that being hard headed. Biggest surprise for me has been on defense, no problems with the attitude or players mainly because Leach has nothing to do with that side of the ball.

Hope I'm wrong and I want bash Leach all year long as it's only 4 games which I saw no adjustments on offense.

Btw, Franks has been solid, Arkansas is motivated for sure, seem to be well Coached.
    You are wrong this time, my friend. Leach has made adjustments this week and he is building for the future. As far as i know he has never been fired from a job except Texas Tech where he was a consistent winner after all the Craig James Bullshit about his no talent son not playing. He will right the pirate ship and we will become winners! Hail State!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    True, but even in this transition period the offense looked pretty dang good against a standard defense playing mostly man. Problem is we won't see that defense ever again until we solve the 3-8 puzzle.
    And we'll solve it soon

vCash
    I'm not even talking about what the Leach offense is capable of being 2 or 3 years now with a different set of players and longer to implement the system. I'm talking about why we are ineffective as we sit here today on October 18th, 2020 and Arkansas is not.
    Because we will either not or we can not block three defensive linemen.

Heck, even on the blocked punt three men broke through the line and two and a half went through the next three blockers. We do not block anyone.

BTW id we block very well last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    You are wrong this time, my friend. Leach has made adjustments this week and he is building for the future. As far as i know he has never been fired from a job except Texas Tech where he was a consistent winner after all the Craig James Bullshit about his no talent son not playing. He will right the pirate ship and we will become winners! Hail State!
    I will be closely watching to see what you say, well maybe not closely, LOL! I wouldn't bet the mortgage his offense will work in the Sec. Hope I'm wrong and if so I will be the first to say I was wrong. I just don't like what I have seen, I have yet to understand how Leach could have kept sending KJ out there. Can you say 10 interceptions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post

Heck, even on the blocked punt three men broke through the line and two and a half went through the next three blockers. We do not block anyone.

That blocked punt and the near absence of blocking by our players was a thing to behold. It seemed like the back three didn't even move and/or did not see aTm's players headed that way. Which sounds as ridiculous as it looked on the television.

vCash
    Arkansas will hit a wall at some point. But right now their players are hungrier and transfer qb is a lot better than ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Arkansas will hit a wall at some point. But right now their players are hungrier and transfer qb is a lot better than ours.
    I'm done with transfer QBs, especially those with an injury history.

We need develop QBs internally and build towards the future.

When you take transfers from other conferences, with injury histories, they come to the SEC and get hit more. It's a terrible combination

vCash
    I'm done with transfer QBs, especially those with an injury history.

We need develop QBs internally and build towards the future.

When you take transfers from other conferences, with injury histories, they come to the SEC and get hit more. It's a terrible combination
    Good points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post

I say again though that the OL we have now have never played in a system like this with the wide splits or been asked to pass protect 90% of the time. Blocking will get better no doubt with more training in the system and practicing pass pro all the time, the question is how much better. Leach and company will be recruiting OL going forward focused on pass protection skills whereas in the past, run blocking was as important if not more important.

vCash
    Arkansas is like Mullen's first year at State. There's some talent and much better coaching than the prior staff. They are competitive but the truth is that they've beaten two really bad teams. The difference in those teams is that Mullen was also the OC and play caller and Pittman is relying on coordinators that will leave when they're successful and won't be easily replaced.
    To compare them with us at this point is a little apples vs oranges because of our massive change in offensive systems but our offense definitely looks as if it is not well coached at this point. I guess time will tell.

vCash
    Why is Arky better than State? They have a solid defense and mediocre offense. We have a solid defense and a putrid offense. Both defenses are solid because of stud DCs.

Why is our offense worse than theirs? Well their O would look just as bad as ours and they'd be 0-4 right now IF Franks threw as many INTs as Costello. So right there we really don't have to go farther than 1 player's level of play to account for it.

But their OL also physically touches the DL in front of them and ours doesn't, so that's an other difference.

Y'all are making this too complicated- our OL coaching/personnel is awful, and our QB had no idea WTF he was doing and is possibly injured anyway.

vCash
    I say again though that the OL we have now have never played in a system like this with the wide splits or been asked to pass protect 90% of the time. Blocking will get better no doubt with more training in the system and practicing pass pro all the time, the question is how much better. Leach and company will be recruiting OL going forward focused on pass protection skills whereas in the past, run blocking was as important if not more important.
    You're right. And I think the younger guys will become more and more accustomed to it over the years as they develop. We're playing a few really young guys right now like Cross.