Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We win today if Will Rogers starts

vCash
    Y'all calling for will to start might wanna wait till vandy. Bama might break him in half

vCash
    And gets him reps preparing for next season. KJ has been given his chance quite fairly.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    It blows my mind to sit there and watch our guards block air while our tackles are just whipped. We killed Jomo for allowing Josh Allen at UK to take over the game in his first year without giving help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Y'all calling for will to start might wanna wait till vandy. Bama might break him in half
    Can't play scared, I don't think that is the Leach way 'Swing your sword'!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Can't play scared, I don't think that is the Leach way 'Swing your sword'!
    We haven't been able to block ark, Kentucky, or aTm's DEs one-on-one. Bama's are gonna be better, much better. Rogers is gonna get hit like he's never been hit if he starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Will has the IT factor. The entire offense picked it up when he came in. Turnovers are still killer. At least we got one in our favor today.

During pregame warmups, KJ was lobbing balls and Will was firing them in. Something is wrong with KJ. I do not know what it is. The receivers seem to pep up when the gun slinger is in the game as well.

Surely leach can see this. Let?s hope he does.
    I've been thinking KJ may still be hurt some. At very least his injury has made him gun shy and more afraid to be him IMO.

Now some of y'all have been watching Will all thru HS and stuff, but let's not get too high on him and jinx him by saying he had the "it factor" just yet. He may have but he only played a little over a quarter yesterday I think. We are Ms State ... remember ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I've been thinking KJ may still be hurt some. At very least his injury has made him gun shy and more afraid to be him IMO.

Now some of y'all have been watching Will all thru HS and stuff, but let's not get too high on him and jinx him by saying he had the "it factor" just yet. He may have but he only played a little over a quarter yesterday I think. We are Ms State ... remember ****
    He also entered when the game was over. At 28-7 in the 3rd, jimbo could've loaded the offense up on the bus and held that lead for 4 more quarters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why do MSU coaches play veterans over better players? It's insane. I think Rogers has to start going forward though. If he can get us to 21-28 this year we will have a chance to win some games and I think that will tip the scales for us the second half of the year.

I'm encouraged about the future. We are playing a lot of young players- Rogers, Marks, D. Johnson, Walley, Cross, Dolla Bill, and Cole Smith on offense. And then our defense has a lot of young players too- Pickering, Crumedy, Brule, Preston, Forbes, and Emerson. Once we add in guys like Tulu and Dean and then our recruits like Nabors, Knox, Jacobi Moore, Pounders, and hopefully win some battles for art Cooper and Callaway the future is really bright.

Losing sucks right now but I think we're pretty close to getting this turned around.

I thought Heath and Osiris played well today after I spent all last week bashing them. I hope they have turned a corner and finish the year strong.

Not a lot we can do about the o-line. Hevesy recruited most of the seniors we have been playing and now people see why I complained so hard. **** that guy. We probably need to bring in about 3-4 JUCO offensive linemen and then hold an all out competition next year.

Our defense is legit- they really only allowed the two long TD drives and I can live with that any game. Aside from the blocked punt we were solid again on special teams. Hopefully we can find a punt returner that can bust some returns like Kevin Prentiss used to.

Once Leach gets us going we're going to be really good. Our young guys are taking their lumps right now but their time is coming.
    1) You were one of the ones this past week complaining Moorhead played Hill over Aeris.
    2) I?m glad you brought up Hev again. You are clueless. If it was up to you, we would?ve signed Nik Hogan at Northwest Rankin two years ago because he was a 4* at one time but can?t get on the field at Tulane. Only gets credit for Jackson? Yeah he didn?t scout and find Jenkins, Rankin, Williams, Tyre Phillips, Blaine Clausell, and Dylan Day had a run. In fact, Hevesy, after we lost to Florida, wrote everyone of our starters a note and sent it to them telling them what they did exactly wrong and what to fix. It?s no wonder Greg Eiland started playing like crap AFTER Hev left. Stick to your band analytics, clown.

vCash
    I'm concerned with this too. And it could at very least hurt his confidence a lot. Bama gonna smoke us bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    1) You were one of the ones this past week complaining Moorhead played Hill over Aeris.
    2) I?m glad you brought up Hev again. You are clueless. If it was up to you, we would?ve signed Nik Hogan at Northwest Rankin two years ago because he was a 4* at one time but can?t get on the field at Tulane. Only gets credit for Jackson? Yeah he didn?t scout and find Jenkins, Rankin, Williams, Tyre Phillips, Blaine Clausell, and Dylan Day had a run. In fact, Hevesy, after we lost to Florida, wrote everyone of our starters a note and sent it to them telling them what they did exactly wrong and what to fix. It?s no wonder Greg Eiland started playing like crap AFTER Hev left. Stick to your band analytics, clown.
    That Hev letter story is awesome. How embarrassing would that be for the new staff?

vCash
    He also entered when the game was over. At 28-7 in the 3rd, jimbo could've loaded the offense up on the bus and held that lead for 4 more quarters
    True. I like the way he moves (has nimble feet, slides in pocket well), he seems to see the field better, has more zip on ball too but you right, TAM had big lead so hard to tell yet.

vCash
    Leach has a system and believes he can stick anyone back there and run it after much repetition. Maybe he's right, in the conferences he was in previously in. But in the SEC you have to have the athletes to compete and we are always going to come up short there... especially if our coach isn't known as someone who likes to recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    6 years from being #1 in the country and we're hoping to win 2 damn games.
    Hard to take this comment seriously when you fail to mention that we're playing an all SEC schedule.

Makes you seem like you have an agenda.

I'll make a bet with you that we win more than 2 games. You in?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Hard to take this comment seriously when you fail to mention that we're playing an all SEC schedule.

Makes you seem like you have an agenda.

I'll make a bet with you that we win more than 2 games. You in?
    That a good bet right there. Looking at our schedule, 2 more wins is about all I see. 3 max unless Will lights up the scoreboard.

vCash
    If we're being honest with ourselves, Rogers is playing against Bama regardless. If Costello starts he will be injured or the game will be over before halftime, so Will is going to play versus that Bama D. I fear that Costello is going to get badly hurt...he is so slow to make decisions and wears concrete boots. And he clearly has an arm issue or is THAT timid, bc his passes are lollipops since LSU. I've never seen anything like it.

I love the zip on Will's throws, even against the zone. Costello hasn't thrown a ball with zip on it yet against the zone. Will has a little more mobility and seems to have the team's buy-in. He's still playing behind horrendous OL play, so he can only be so good...but you have to roll with him at this point and let Costello be the experienced backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    That a good bet right there. Looking at our schedule, 2 more wins is about all I see. 3 max unless Will lights up the scoreboard.
    Wait... 3 MORE wins? Gotta love that Miss State optimism. Lolz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    We will be vastly improved if he starts Rodgers.
    Can we start getting the kid's name correct, please? It's not Rodgers with a "d" like the guy in Green Bay. It's ROGERS without a "d"... like Buck Rogers, the tv character...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Wait... 3 MORE wins? Gotta love that Miss State optimism. Lolz!
    I like to look at the glass as "overflowing" ****

Seriously tho ... Not sure I see any what I would call guaranteed wins left and that includes Vandy. We probably win 2 of remainder tho. Bama and Ga gonna curb stomp us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    The "clown" is you- yet again making up things that I allegedly "said". So I'll invite you AGAIN to link where I ever said ANYTHING about Nik Hogan or saying Moorhead should start Aeris over Hill. Guess what? You won't.

And based on how Hevesy's recruits have performed the past four years- including Eiland maybe you should put your Hevesy love letter down. What's hilarious is I actually represented MSU- and you just wish you did and all you have to hang your hat on is some camp with the biggest asshole in MSU history where any slapdick whose parents has money could participate. How sad to be a washed up wannabe.