Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
I think it has to do with most here thought the defense would be really bad and leach would field a good offense. If you're doubting leach's ability to field a good offense, all-the-sudden this hire is very concerning. Now we are only 4 games in, so it's still very early.
That?s fair, and I agree it?s very early to determine whether or not this scheme will work.

On the flip side, shouldn?t what we?ve seen from the defense be exciting? These same people said we would be terrible on defense this year and never have a decent defense while Leach is here, but that is clearly not true. Our defense has been solid at very worst- in reality it?s been one of the best defenses in the league so far.

As bad as we?ve been offensively, we are still not forcing the defense to stay on the field for a bunch of plays (67.8 plays per game is tied for third fewest in the SEC). Imagine what that number looks like if this offense starts clicking, and we aren?t turning it over or punting every possession. If you give Leach good defensive talent and the budget to hire a good DC, he will put a good defense on the field.

To me, the OL play and future DC hires are what will make or break the Leach tenure. It?s that simple, IMO.