Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cigar Boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You mean the best seasons they?ve ever had?

Pretty ridiculous that you can?t even acknowledge reality.

It was the Cigar Boy part of his post and lack effort I was calling, not whether or not Leach will win.
    TT and the PAC-12 aren't the SEC and I'm seeing now how PAC-12 QB's are .... I don't think he was calling for the cigar boys to start pressuring Cohen to fire leach... it was not much more than just blowing off steam - no-one in their right mind would be calling for Leach's job right now - I took it more like cynicism. I'm glad Leach gave TT / WSU their best seasons because that is the hope we cling to because we sure don't have anything in front of us to cling to right now. I think the problem is that some of us aren't sold (or never were) on this system working here and not seeing any attempt to adjust is a little discouraging.... AND THAT IS ACKNOWLEDGING REALITY
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    TT and the PAC-12 aren't the SEC and I'm seeing now how PAC-12 QB's are .... We'll see how big of a deal this in the future. My feeling is that about 70% of our problems are due to us and a lack of execution and about 30% is due to an increase in competition for Leach's offense. Anyone thinking it's 100% of either isn't being realistic

I don't think he was calling for the cigar boys to start pressuring Cohen to fire leach...I think that's exactly what he was doing or at least trying to start something

it was not much more than just blowing off steam - no-one in their right mind would be calling for Leach's job right now Definitely blowing off steam, but went to a place that would devastating to our program. I think he was serious

- I took it more like cynicism. I'm glad Leach gave TT / WSU their best seasons because that is the hope we cling to because we sure don't have anything in front of us to cling to right now. I think the problem is that some of us aren't sold (or never were) on this system working here and not seeing any attempt to adjust is a little discouraging.... AND THAT IS ACKNOWLEDGING REALITY I get that people aren't sold. I think it'll work because I saw the same things said about Urban's offense and it worked in the SEC and I've never seen an offensive system that worked at every level of the game and then just goes to crap in the SEC. Spurrier's offense in the NFL may have been the closest.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Well.... whoever the current cigars are... I have had the feeling for awhile now that they put out the talking points to MSU fans through Bo Bounds.

Bounds had Matt Wyatt on today. Wyatt says it's execution and not the scheme. Hahahaha.
    In other words, Leach ain't going nowhere. All is good boys. Send your money, buy tickets. Just be patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    In other words, Leach ain't going nowhere.
    Wait... after 4 games, you want him to go somewhere?

vCash
    What are they saying? Leach better get his crap together. Who cares
    We did not play with effort on offense. Not true.
    We did not make adjustments on offense.The offense itself doesn't need adjustments. Just needs a QB that makes quick decisions (WILL)
    We have little creativity on offense. Again, the offense works. Creativity not needed
    We continue to regress. Not in the 4th quarter we didn't It's the best the offense has looked all year
    This has Moorhead written all over it.LOL Stupid comment And we are paying the man 5 millionCorrect and he's worth it. Those summer trips to Key west should have been spent coming up with some plan Bs and Cs.Plausible statement. He probably thought his offense was more simple than it really was. He probably didn't appreciate Minshew like he should have and now he's realizing that it takes a particular type of QB to pull it off. However, KJ was the starter at Stanford and Minshew couldn't win the job at East Carolina, so it's hard to fault him.
    It was about this time last year when I was kicked off this website for a month for trying to defend Moorhead. My defense was that we were starting to show improvements during garbage time minutes of certain games. This line of defense was unanimously shot down as a ridiculously stupid thing to say. Fast forward a year and the same line of defense is being made for Mike Leach. I said then every coach needs three years before he should be realistically judged on his performance. The reason is because he needs experience from the players he actually recruited. In hindsight I admit Moorhead is not a good fit here because he is a terrible disciplinarian but his offense never got a fair chance. He had a qb who was recruited to run a spread offense. Similarly Leach doesn't have a qb on campus to run an Air Raid. That is why both coaches brought in a Senior transfer in hopes that a little bit of experience will help but it doesn't work because the qb is only one position and the rest of the team lacks experience in the system and both senior transfer qbs were long shots at best. Im glad we have Leach instead of Moorhead but after seeing the way we ran him out of town, I hope we have a little more patience this time around. My prediction however though is that we will look sloppy on offense for the rest of the year and people will loose patience and start calling for his resignation .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Todd what am I wrong about? I'm not saying to fire the guy. But he is doing the same stuff that got joe Moorhead fired.
    Same stuff that got Moorhead fired? Hell no! Obviously, you have no clue what you are talking about. You should read more and post less because the more you say them more you look uninformed, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Same stuff that got Moorhead fired? Hell no! Obviously, you have no clue what you are talking about. You should read more and post less because the more you say them more you look uninformed, at best.
    Anyone trying to compare Moorhead to Leach needs to be ignored because they clearly are a little slow. Just let them vent and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Anyone trying to compare Moorhead to Leach needs to be ignored because they clearly are a little slow. Just let them vent and move on.
    I don't think anyone is comparing Leach and Moorhead as HC's. I think they're comparing that some are making the same excuses for Leach as some tried to make for Moorhead and they were raked over the coals for. I've been vocal since the beginning that I don't think this is going to work in the SEC, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to give Leach 2-3 years to get his people in here. I think people just want to see improvement of any kind and right now we aren't seeing it and it's going to be more of the same in two weeks in Bryant Denny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I don't think anyone is comparing Leach and Moorhead as HC's. I think they're comparing that some are making the same excuses for Leach as some tried to make for Moorhead and they were raked over the coals for. I've been vocal since the beginning that I don't think this is going to work in the SEC, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to give Leach 2-3 years to get his people in here. I think people just want to see improvement of any kind and right now we aren't seeing it and it's going to be more of the same in two weeks in Bryant Denny.
    Thank you for having good reading comprehension and understanding this thread. Some of us just see red flags but I think we all agree that they can go away with time.

vCash
    What are they saying? Leach better get his crap together.
    So, you WANT Joe back?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    So, you WANT Joe back?
    How do you even derive that out of what I said? I'm just curious what other people with clout have to say about this.

vCash
    How do you even derive that out of what I said? I'm just curious what other people with clout have to say about this.
    What would you expect them to say after 4 games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The big BIG difference is that Leach is a proven winner and two decade head coach whereas Moorhead was a new coach that looked completely lost. Leach has earned more time due to the fact that he wins everywhere he goes. It’s that simple. If we are still having issues like this in year three then yeah it’s time to look at other options. But right now it’s not even close to the same situation Moorhead walked in to. Not remotely close.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Anyone wanting to fire Leach needs a psychiatrist and a new mirror.

We could easily have been 3-0 heading into today.

We outgained Arkansas and Kentucky. We looked discombobulated doing that. We played well enough to win today and saw what the offense can look like with a QB ready to run it.

Not to mention the sour culture left by the last clown show staff.

I think the Covid has really had a mental impact on many here. Relax. The Gunslinger Will Rogers offense in the 2nd half is more of what we will see in the future. Our pets heads are not falling off.

These posts about firing ML are making me rethink even getting back on here. It?s fine to post worries and questions, but posting pure ignorance makes us all look stupid. Please stop and act like adults.
    Absolutely
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Well.... whoever the current cigars are... I have had the feeling for awhile now that they put out the talking points to MSU fans through Bo Bounds.

Bounds had Matt Wyatt on today. Wyatt says it's execution and not the scheme. Hahahaha.
    In other words, Leach ain't going nowhere. All is good boys. Send your money, buy tickets. Just be patient.
    And Wyatt is exactly right
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackindabox View Post
    . Similarly Leach doesn't have a qb on campus to run an Air Raid. .
    You can stop right there. He does. Will Rogers is the guy. Will ran the system in high school, under his father, the OC at Brandon. Granted, it looks different on the HS level, but Will is picking up the Leach version quicker than an average true freshman. And, the kid had to be put on the shelf due to Covid. All he needs is more game experience. O-Line and receivers still have to figure it out regardless, but still...
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 10-19-2020 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    What would you expect them to say after 4 games?
    The ones I know are sick of watching our offense already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    You can stop right there. He does. Will Rogers is the guy. Will ran the system in high school, under his father, the OC at Brandon. Granted, it looks different on the HS level, but Will is picking up the Leach version quicker than an average true freshman. And, the kid had to be put on the shelf due to Covid. All he needs is more game experience. O-Line and receivers still have to figure it out regardless, but still...
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think Will is the guy. I fully expect Sawyer Robertson to come in next year and win the job. He's got the look of an air raid QB and he's also run it at the high school level. And this isn't a Will is terrible take. I think Will is a good QB. I just think Robertson is a much better QB.

vCash
    The ones I know are sick of watching our offense already.
    I'm always amazed at how people with such little perspective as a Cigar Boy that is already sick of Leach, could become wealthy in the first place. Must be 2nd generation money because there's virtually no way someone with that little of common sense would get rich.

Anyway, shoot them this video and tell them to fast forward to when Rogers comes in around the 30 min mark

vCash
    I'm always amazed at how people with such little perspective as a Cigar Boy that is already sick of Leach, could become wealthy in the first place. Must be 2nd generation money because there's virtually no way someone with that little of common sense would get rich.

Anyway, shoot them this video and tell them to fast forward to when Rogers comes in around the 30 min mark

Again, I don't think it's that people are sick of Leach. I think they're sick of the fact that outside of LSU this year and Arkansas last year our offense has had no rhythm for the better part of two years when we've supposedly hired 2 "offensive juggernauts" to figure it out. I think people are wanting to give Leach time if our offense would show some improvement just like I think people would've been willing to give Joe more time had his offense shown improvement. But we seem to be doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Just like Moorhead last year with Stevens, Leach has continually run out a QB that is either a)injured or b)just doesn't have it. I think naming Rodgers the starter going forward will ease a lot of people's minds and show the willingness to change. And as long as Rodgers doesn't make any Costello mistakes then I think most will relax and let Leach work.