Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cigar Boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Again, I don't think it's that people are sick of Leach. I think they're sick of the fact that outside of LSU this year and Arkansas last year our offense has had no rhythm for the better part of two years when we've supposedly hired 2 "offensive juggernauts" to figure it out. I think people are wanting to give Leach time if our offense would show some improvement just like I think people would've been willing to give Joe more time had his offense shown improvement. But we seem to be doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Just like Moorhead last year with Stevens, Leach has continually run out a QB that is either a)injured or b)just doesn't have it. I think naming Rodgers the starter going forward will ease a lot of people's minds and show the willingness to change. And as long as Rodgers doesn't make any Costello mistakes then I think most will relax and let Leach work.
    Good point. It's accumulative frustrating.

I think we're about to get going
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think Will is the guy. I fully expect Sawyer Robertson to come in next year and win the job. He's got the look of an air raid QB and he's also run it at the high school level. And this isn't a Will is terrible take. I think Will is a good QB. I just think Robertson is a much better QB.
    That's fair. Sawyer is going to be really good in this system. But the guy commented that there is not an air raid QB on campus right now. That is incorrect. Will knows the system.

vCash
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think Will is the guy. I fully expect Sawyer Robertson to come in next year and win the job. He's got the look of an air raid QB and he's also run it at the high school level. And this isn't a Will is terrible take. I think Will is a good QB. I just think Robertson is a much better QB.
    I don't fully reject this opinion.

I think Will can be good to really good, but that Robertson can be great.

Will has all the ingredients to be really good in the offense, which Shrader and Costello lack, but Robertson has all the same ingredients as Will but just better ingredients. Will has the right ingredients but they are the generic brand of the ingredient, whereas Sawyers same ingredients are brand name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think we're about to get going
    You said that last week and we were arguably worse. I guess if you keep saying it, hopefully you'll eventually be right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    You said that last week and we were arguably worse. I guess if you keep saying it, hopefully you'll eventually be right.
    Did I say that last week?

I don't remember saying that last week. Against KY, we showed no sign of being close to breaking through. I believe in the 2nd half against A&M we did. That's what I'm going off of

vCash
    Technically you said that you felt Costello was going to get it going again. I said, "Based on what". You said something to the effect that he had hit rock bottom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Technically you said that you felt Costello was going to get it going again. I said, "Based on what". You said something to the effect that he had hit rock bottom.
    Oh yeah. I did say that and was wrong. To my defense, I was just basing that on the odds but had not yet identified why Costello wasn't any good.

Now that I've identified his issues: slow feet and processing speed, I don't think he has a chance.

However, what showed me Costello's real issue was watching Rogers play as he's clearly quicker and a faster processer of the reads. Had I seen Rogers play more at KY, perhaps I would've seen the difference and problems with Costello quicker.

My bad on that.

vCash
    Again, I don't think it's that people are sick of Leach. I think they're sick of the fact that outside of LSU this year and Arkansas last year our offense has had no rhythm for the better part of two years when we've supposedly hired 2 "offensive juggernauts" to figure it out. I think people are wanting to give Leach time if our offense would show some improvement just like I think people would've been willing to give Joe more time had his offense shown improvement. But we seem to be doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Just like Moorhead last year with Stevens, Leach has continually run out a QB that is either a)injured or b)just doesn't have it. I think naming Rodgers the starter going forward will ease a lot of people's minds and show the willingness to change. And as long as Rodgers doesn't make any Costello mistakes then I think most will relax and let Leach work.
    This guy gets it. Nobody is asking for Leach to even win. Just make some adjustments to cover our insufficiencies when they pop up and make the games competitive. It's not like we are playing top 5 teams with a team full of wall-ons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This guy gets it. Nobody is asking for Leach to even win. Just make some adjustments to cover our insufficiencies when they pop up and make the games competitive. It's not like we are playing top 5 teams with a team full of wall-ons.
    The #1 current problem with MSU football is lack of stability at the QB position.

If you think about it, we really haven't had stability at QB since Fitz went down with the ankle injury against Ole Miss.

Since then, it's been Fitz, not as explosive in an offense that didn't fit him, Stevens getting hurt, Shrader getting hurt, Costello not knowing the offense and having slow feet, etc....

Once we get stability at the QB position with a QB that fits the system they are running, our offense will begin to take off again. Will Rogers and Sawyer Robertson fit the system and, if either of them can take the bull by the horns and create some stability at the QB position, we will win and have a good offense again.

Very very few teams in college football win without stability at QB and we haven't had that for basically 3 years now.

vCash
    I'm going to continue to bump this until some of you get it. Cohen gonna have some fun hearing bout this...

vCash
    The #1 current problem with MSU football is lack of stability at the QB position.

If you think about it, we really haven't had stability at QB since Fitz went down with the ankle injury against Ole Miss.

Since then, it's been Fitz, not as explosive in an offense that didn't fit him, Stevens getting hurt, Shrader getting hurt, Costello not knowing the offense and having slow feet, etc....

Once we get stability at the QB position with a QB that fits the system they are running, our offense will begin to take off again. Will Rogers and Sawyer Robertson fit the system and, if either of them can take the bull by the horns and create some stability at the QB position, we will win and have a good offense again.

Very very few teams in college football win without stability at QB and we haven't had that for basically 3 years now.
    Reason we have not had stability at QB position is because of the HC that we hired. Both tried to bring in transfers that were not better than those on the team. The team knew it, fans knew it and thus a fractured team, locker room and fanbase. All starts with the HC. Mullen as a first year HC handled it better than last 2, granted the transfer portal wasn't around then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm going to continue to bump this until some of you get it. Cohen gonna have some fun hearing bout this...
    I agree. Most are OK giving anyone time but the last 4 weeks at 5 mil a year? If you pay the bills, you are asking questions. If you are gonna lose them all, at least look good doing it or at least be entertaining or something. We are a laughing stock.

vCash

Our entire program hasn't been stable since 2015 when Dan started to try to leave. That was the REAL start of why we are where we are. Dan got pouty and stopped recruiting and did a full Jackie with heavy JUCO recruiting because he was trying to get the hell out of here. And in the meantime MSU coddled him- especially Stricklin. That left us with the great senior offensive group that we have now. Which means zero upperclass leadership outside of Errol Thompson and Kobe Jones. And then hiring Moorhead made it extensively worse because he ruined the best thing that Dan did which was have a good culture.

So now we're left with a young team that doesn't have a winning culture. You can't win in the SEC with that.

What we're going through right now was inevitable because we made terrible decisions from Stricklin and Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree. Most are OK giving anyone time but the last 4 weeks at 5 mil a year? If you pay the bills, you are asking questions. If you are gonna lose them all, at least look good doing it or at least be entertaining or something. We are a laughing stock.
    Given the context of the situation and the fact that it is year one? Yes. If this is year 4-5? No.

Losing is never entertaining. But the truth is last night was really the only time we didn't really have a chance to win. Even Kentucky Osiris cost us a TD and we had a pick 6 and another almost go for a pick 6.