Thread: What would cost more??

vCash

What would cost more??

Cutting Leach loose right now, or waiting until the end of year 2 or 3? If we wait, we will have a team built around the air raid offense and we will undoubtedly hire another run oriented coach who emphasizes defense. It's what we do.....We love to start over.

vCash
    Good question but the financials can't be good. Why I didn't like the Leach hire in first place. Too big of a gamble.

vCash
    we can't fire him. we are stuck for at least 2 more years. have to hope Cohen doesn't extend him back to 4 after this season. and we have to have someone other than Cohen make the next hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Cutting Leach loose right now, or waiting until the end of year 2 or 3? If we wait, we will have a team built around the air raid offense and we will undoubtedly hire another run oriented coach who emphasizes defense. It's what we do.....We love to start over.
    If it does not work, we will not be competitive again for several years. We will switch back to a spread option offense and have 2 running backs, 26 receivers, and no tight ends

vCash
    It's the only way we know how to do it at MState. Just burn everything to the ground.

It'll also make State alums/admin think passing is overrated because this is obviously the only way to move the ball through the air. **

So in turn, we'll be setting ourselves even further back because we'll have such a bad taste from the "Air Raid"

The cycle never ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    It's the only way we know how to do it at MState. Just burn everything to the ground.

It'll also make State alums/admin think passing is overrated because this is obviously the only way to move the ball through the air. **

So in turn, we'll be setting ourselves even further back because we'll have such a bad taste from the "Air Raid"

The cycle never ends.
    nah, we don't have to go back to the wishbone. Just have to find a coach who can run the ball vs a 3 man front.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    nah, we don't have to go back to the wishbone. Just have to find a coach who can run the ball vs a 3 man front.
    Oh I know. I'm just telling you how our admin and alums think. Cohen saw how OM and others beat Bama and they got jealous. But what Leach runs and what those teams ran are night and day when it comes to passing attacks.

vCash
    My family and I opted out of our season tickets this year and now I'm not sure I'll be buying tickets next year. Anybody else in the same boat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    My family and I opted out of our season tickets this year and now I'm not sure I'll be buying tickets next year. Anybody else in the same boat?
    Yes. I'm going to have to see anything over these last 5 games or I'll just stay in the recliner.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post

The cycle never ends.
    You nailed the MSU football fan/alum mindset. Of course by then we'll finally have pieces built for the Air Raid and we'll need to give Jeff Monken three years to get people in to run the triple option.

Honestly that worries me more than anything. If we are going to compete in the SEC we are going to have to pass it somewhat effectively. Moreso than we did under Dan from 2016-2017- look at the stats if you want to see what I am talking about.

What's bad about our situation is the juniors and seniors in this class were from classes that Dan built that were JUCO heavy and devoid of OL and WR talent. That's why we're so young there now. And the guy we did get are guys like Eiland and Osiris who are below average players. On top of that we have young guys that have no idea how to win because of Joe's terrible culture so we're essentially almost completely inexperienced.

vCash
    The wild card to this is Leach May say I'm done and head to Key West. Don't think thsts off the table

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    The wild card to this is Leach May say I'm done and head to Key West. Don't think thsts off the table
    I think this until I realize he will be walking away from 5 mil a year...not gonna happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I think this until I realize he will be walking away from 5 mil a year...not gonna happen
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    That's probably our only hope. Because even if the cigar boys raked up the money to fire him it would be a bad look for the school. What decent coach would seriously consider us coming off 2 firings of 2 years or less. I think Leach gets at least 3 years because of this. Perhaps an under the table check could encourage him to head south and then it appears he made the decision. But I think this a moot point right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    That's probably our only hope. Because even if the cigar boys raked up the money to fire him it would be a bad look for the school. What decent coach would seriously consider us coming off 2 firings of 2 years or less. I think Leach gets at least 3 years because of this. Perhaps an under the table check could encourage him to head south and then it appears he made the decision. But I think this a moot point right now.
    It's going to be an even worse look when Moorhead has success at Oregon and knowing that Leach is a HOF caliber football coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's going to be an even worse look when Moorhead has success at Oregon and knowing that Leach is a HOF caliber football coach.
    Not worried about that at all. You like to put down MSU fans for their thinking. That's just classic poor ole mississippi state right there.

vCash
    It's gonna have to work with Leach for the future, unless he bails. 2022 will be the season that will decide if he's a part of our future beyond then. Next season is going to be rough rough.

vCash
    Same here. I'll still go once or twice to visit campus and see my daughter in school at MSU but I can't support this level of pathetic coaching effort. That is what it is. If he had just adjusted a little these last 4 games it would be different but he hasn't.

Is is because he doesn't know how or doesn't want to? Either one is a problem for us. We don't need a future coach that has his scheme to push. We need a CEO who will hire a good OC and DC and go to work recruiting and leading the team. That rarely works out for teams that do that.

vCash
    Yep, through with season tickets after40 years. If I want to see a game in person I will get them off of stubhub. I am 70 now and my 80" tv does just fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Not worried about that at all. You like to put down MSU fans for their thinking. That's just classic poor ole mississippi state right there.
    That's not MY thought. I'm telling you what OTHERS are going to say.

If Ole Miss hired Saban and they looked awful on defense one year after having Brent Venables as their coach what would you think about Ole Miss and defensive football?

It's simple logic. Leach did well with players at Texas Tech and Wazzu and has people copying his concepts even in the NFL. Joe Moorhead has people copying his RPO concepts even in the NFL. MSU could not make both offenses work AND gave both coaches only a year or two to make their offenses work.

Your problem is you want a quick fix no matter what and think that running some different play is all of sudden going to fix everything and make our players perform better. This despite two football offensive geniuses not being able to make things work- and not to mention Dan Mullen having a passing offense ranked 13-14th his last two years as our head coach on top of that. But "mobile QB" running for his life is going to make everything better right?