Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm sick of MSU football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think he's riddled by it

My guess is that you turn on the film and guys are wide open but our QB doesn't work through his progressions fast enough
    He has absolutely been riddled by defenses.z. We have made three defenses in a row look all-world. There are guys wide open. But you can't keep doing what ain't working. It took 30 possessions to score. You might even be able to do better than that. That is ridiculous. You don't pay a guy 5 million to see something that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Maybe we should get the basics down 1st. Then experiment. Their heads are full of stuff now they don't completely comprehend yet.
    I think most of that is on Costello based on what I have observed. Will just understands the offense better at this point. Even the offensive line looked better with Will in there or at least he makes decisions more quickly and it masks their awfulness.

vCash
    Everybody "knows" what's coming but most don't stop it well. Right now tho "what's coming" ain't matching really "what's supposed to be coming".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Remember bumper Poole saying his DC told him exactly what was coming? He learned it from past leach. That should be terrifying
    Doesn't matter because someone will be open even if they know what is coming. Up to the QB to make the right read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think most of that is on Costello based on what I have observed. Will just understands the offense better at this point. Even the offensive line looked better with Will in there or at least he makes decisions more quickly and it masks their awfulness.
    I agree with this. But it's so short a sample I'm a little reluctant to get my hopes too high yet.

vCash
    Remember bumper Poole saying his DC told him exactly what was coming? He learned it from past leach. That should be terrifying
    BTW ... They say the same thing about Mullen too a lot. But when he has the personnel/experience it works against everyone but Kirby & Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I agree with this. But it's so short a sample I'm a little reluctant to get my hopes too high yet.
    We don't have a lot of weapons and our line is lacking but the slow decision making magnifies those things greatly. Our receivers are getting open at times- or at least someone usually is. None of them are game breakers though. Offensive line issues are obvious.

vCash
    How do say someone has to be open?? When you only rush 3 and get pressure that leaves 8 people to cover 5......

The WR’s don’t have enough time to even get into their routes before the QB has to make a throw.

Our O-Line is as bad as it has ever been. Our line is JUCO level bad. Until they fix the OLine you can forget anyone taking a snap of any importance.

Will very well may be the answer going forward, but he’s going to get lit up until something changes with the OLine.

vCash

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    James Armstrong?
    Samanta Ricketts?
    Julie Darty (probably)?

Andy Cannizaro was on the way to being a home run hire until he couldn't keep his dick in his pants, which you can't really blame Cohen for.
    Yes you can. Cohen was warned by many in LSU athletic department about Cann?s zipper problems and the struggles they had with him. This comes from a prominent media person. Cohen is to an athletic director as I am a shuttle captain to Mars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    How do say someone has to be open?? When you only rush 3 and get pressure that leaves 8 people to cover 5......

The WR’s don’t have enough time to even get into their routes before the QB has to make a throw.

Our O-Line is as bad as it has ever been. Our line is JUCO level bad. Until they fix the OLine you can forget anyone taking a snap of any importance.

Will very well may be the answer going forward, but he’s going to get lit up until something changes with the OLine.
    The point you are making might actually be the biggest reason why we have to play Rogers over Costello. The best thing you can have to help a porous OL in pass protection is a QB that is nimble with some athleticism who can move around in the pocket and avoid rushers at times to buy time. Its the reason that Dak could be consistently throwing for over 400 yards per game for Dallas with a trash OL with no Tackles. Will be interesting to see if Dalton can do the same because Dak was always under pressure. But back to MSU, Costello, besides being slow in decision making, CAN'T MOVE to get away from a rusher. I'm over 50 and I almost feel like I'm as athletic moving around as KJ is. Rogers seems to have some nimbleness to him where he can move in the pocket and buy time even if he is not actually going to run. Our OL desperately needs that help right now. A statue in the pocket is just not going to work with this OL group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm not even interested in watching. Didn't watch but 10 mins today. Not even going to fool with. Can we please fire John Cohen? He hired Moorhead. He wanted to hire Joe Judge. He hired Leach. Fire his ignorant ass tonight!!
    We are 15-15 with our last 2 football coaches and 180-175 since the "great MSU football renaissance" began (The Kang). And you are just now sick of MSU football? It is what it is and we are who we are. Looks like that won't change in my lifetime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We are 15-15 with our last 2 football coaches and 180-175 since the "great MSU football renaissance" began (The Kang). And you are just now sick of MSU football? It is what it is and we are who we are. Looks like that won't change in my lifetime.
    Your depression far exceeds mine. I wouldn't care about losing if we were scoring. I was ok with losing if we showed offensive improvement. Now, I don't think this will work and our roster is about to get flipped to players that "fit" this style and when Leach is out in a couple years, we're going back the other way with players which prolongs this shit show for three more years. My fear is we are seeing the same thing we saw with basketball. A damn decade of crap.

vCash
    I'm sorta getting used to being lackluster. Didn't get mad 1 time today
    Yikes, apathy. The end is near.