Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of MSU football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I'll probably get hate for this, but sometimes I wonder if some of those good years under Mullen made us think we're something we're not. Not trying to have a po ole State mentality but just being realistic. The Mullen years were the outlier in our history. Things tend to revert back to what they were.
    Every college football has the right to be well coached and we were under Mullen and not under Moorhead and Croom.

When has Bama or anyone else been any good with bad coaching?

NOW, thinking we are a 10 program would be inaccurate because we weren't that when we were well coached. However, demanding to be well coached, which equals a 7-9 win program for MSU, isn't acting like something we aren't
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm just close to not giving a crap. If leach fails, that's 2 in a row, and recovering becomes difficult. Covid keeps fans away this year, and shit play makes it hard to get em back.
    Yawn
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    So he had 2 nfl qbs at WSU. Why not there?
    Not sure. I know the talent gap is larger between Wazzou and UW than MSU and any SEC team.

Also, I know for at least Mishew's apple cup, it was a blizzard.

vCash
    I'm just close to not giving a crap. If leach fails, that's 2 in a row, and recovering becomes difficult. Covid keeps fans away this year, and shit play makes it hard to get em back.
    I hear you. He'll be fine though. Once he find his QB, we'll be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This would have been a good game to try and reinvigorate some positive energy before we go on break, then get obliterated at Bama the week afterward. Instead, we seem to have a lameduck coach that doesn't act like he gives a shit about trying to win games. I'm really not trying to be a asshole, but today was absolutely pitiful to keep a helpless qb in the game, only to pull him after it's waaaay too late to have a chance. Just ridiculous and no excuse for it. If he wants to write off the season, then lets go ahead and forfeit already!
    He certainly should've pulled KJ earlier, which is why I have no interest in another grad transfer QB.

Moorhead has the same issue when Shrader was clearly better than Stevens.

You have to kind of promise these grad transfer QBs the starting job to get them here and then you struggle to remove them because of the promises.

vCash
    We've got 3 new Olinemen, 2 of which are a RS FR and RS So. And damn Eiland still can't move his feet either. I had hopes for him under Dan/Hevesy but since then he's been very underwhelming. Also don't really have a good center right now.

The whole backfield were all true FR at end of game today. Leach is putting in whole new offensive scheme that puts a LOT of responsibility on QB and WRs to read and/or audible into a good play based on what D is lined up in. They have to be on same page. Not too many teams are very good on O starting that much youth/inexperience (especially on Oline) with an offense that hasn't changed, much less one that is changing so much.

Will can move and throw on the move, seems to have better pocket awareness, has more zip on the ball, and is more accurate than KJ. Still early but I liked what I saw from him today. We seemed to execute better while he was in there for a while. Maybe we can keep improving that.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Leach has inherited a team really deficient in depth of talent and experience. This ain't the 2018 team he inherited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He certainly should've pulled KJ earlier, which is why I have no interest in another grad transfer QB.

Moorhead has the same issue when Shrader was clearly better than Stevens.

You have to kind of promise these grad transfer QBs the starting job to get them here and then you struggle to remove them because of the promises.
    Will being sick factored in greatly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We've got 3 new Olinemen, 2 of which are a RS FR and RS So. And damn Eiland still can't move his feet either. I had hopes for him under Dan/Hevesy but since then he's been very underwhelming. Also don't really have a good center right now.

The whole backfield were all true FR at end of game today. Leach is putting in whole new offensive scheme that puts a LOT of responsibility on QB and WRs to read and/or audible into a good play based on what D is lined up in. They have to be on same page. Not too many teams are very good on O starting that much youth/inexperience (especially on Oline) with an offense that hasn't changed, much less one that is changing so much.

Will can move and throw on the move, seems to have better pocket awareness, has more zip on the ball, and is more accurate than KJ. Still early but I liked what I saw from him today. We seemed to execute better while he was in there for a while. Maybe we can keep improving that.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Leach has inherited a team really deficient in depth of talent and experience. This ain't the 2018 team he inherited.
    Excellent post.

vCash

We've scored 7 offensive points in 9 quarters. During the same period, our defense has scored 9. We knew the game plan the last 2 games before the 1st practice. Somehow you're justifying what isn't justifiable.

ETA... what sec offense can you give your defensive gamelan to on Sunday morning and still shut out?

vCash
    We've scored 7 offensive points in 9 quarters. During the same period, our defense has scored 9. We knew the game plan the last 2 games before the 1st practice. Somehow you're justifying what isn't justifiable.
    Playing Costello and his bullshit "short leash" is what is unjustifiable. Especially given the alleged practice reports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Playing Costello and his bullshit "short leash" is what is unjustifiable. Especially given the alleged practice reports.
    And this is the beginning of our poor coaching today. We lost on offensive coaching today. Period.

vCash
    Not saying it's good but QB play more than anything has been killing us. Leach has a little bit of a dilemma in burning Rogers' RS. I imagine he's fixing to do that tho. Just hope Will stays healthy. Our Oline is struggling.

There's a long game here. I know it's killing you and I ain't happy with it either, but the cupboard on offense is pretty darn bare IMO. I don't think Shrader will be able to handle this offense and he's not the most accurate gunslinger either.

If you wanna hate Leach then go ahead. I wanna see what happens 2 seasons from now. Not saying he might not have to make adjustments, but right now I'm good with the repetition of getting it installed. He might could alter just to win games, but this season is a scrimmage season (it's an asterisk year) anyway so IMO ... use it to get better at what Leach wants to do then adjust if need be.

vCash
    Not saying it's good but QB play more than anything has been killing us. Leach has a little bit of a dilemma in burning Rogers' RS. I imagine he's fixing to do that tho. Just hope Will stays healthy. Our Oline is struggling.

There's a long game here. I know it's killing you and I ain't happy with it either, but the cupboard on offense is pretty darn bare IMO. I don't think Shrader will be able to handle this offense and he's not the most accurate gunslinger either.

If you wanna hate Leach then go ahead. I wanna see what happens 2 seasons from now. Not saying he might not have to make adjustments, but right now I'm good with the repetition of getting it installed. He might could alter just to win games, but this season is a scrimmage season (it's an asterisk year) anyway so IMO ... use it to get better at what Leach wants to do then adjust if need be.
    There are no redshirts this year

It's a free year for everyone

vCash

If it's an asterisk year, maybe leach should experiment with some wrinkles to attack a defense that has riddled him

vCash
    If it's an asterisk year, maybe leach should experiment with some wrinkles to attack a defense that has riddled him
    I don't think he's riddled by it

My guess is that you turn on the film and guys are wide open but our QB doesn't work through his progressions fast enough

vCash

There is no dilemma. The NCAA is not counting this year against anyone's eligibility. So essentially everyone is getting a redshirt no matter how many games they play. Rogers will be a freshman again next year even if he starts every game this year from here on out.

vCash
    Maybe we should get the basics down 1st. Then experiment. Their heads are full of stuff now they don't completely comprehend yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    And this is the beginning of our poor coaching today. We lost on offensive coaching today. Period.
    Yes but going forward I think he has to go with Will. Better late than never.

Will technically could be redshirted and be here through 2025 if he maxed out his eligibility because this year doesn't count. That won't happen but if he exhausted all of his options available that would be when he could leave because this year doesn't count because of COVID.

vCash
    Remember bumper Poole saying his DC told him exactly what was coming? He learned it from past leach. That should be terrifying

vCash
    Ok ... got it that RS don't count this year guys. Forgot about that. Then no dilemma playing Will.