Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of MSU football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Leach will win here. Good grief some of y’all need to stop whining
    go and read the tweets by Alex Kirshner. He's a college football reporter based out of D.C. He said every MSU drive looks like the last 7 Apple Cups. Leach can't solve this puzzle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Oh, I'm patient with him. But Cohen is the dumbest SOB I've ever seen and what he's done to our program should cost him his job. His top choice was Joe damn Judge. A winless coach. After hiring a proven loser in Moorhead. Leach looks bad. We're stuck with him for two more years now.
    I believe Chad Morris was one of the finalists along with moorhead as well.

vCash
    I'll probably get hate for this, but sometimes I wonder if some of those good years under Mullen made us think we're something we're not. Not trying to have a po ole State mentality but just being realistic. The Mullen years were the outlier in our history. Things tend to revert back to what they were.
    Last edited by Dawg2003; 10-17-2020 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But the crowds are gonna suck. Just watch...
    Well, yeah. Best case scenario, the pandemic is still months from ending and wbb plays indoors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I want to argue with you but I really can't. All of Cohen's hires, besides Lemonis, have been disasters.
    James Armstrong?
    Samanta Ricketts?
    Julie Darty (probably)?

Andy Cannizaro was on the way to being a home run hire until he couldn't keep his dick in his pants, which you can't really blame Cohen for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    James Armstrong?
    Samanta Ricketts?
    Julie Darty (probably)?

Andy Cannizaro was on the way to being a home run hire until he couldn't keep his dick in his pants, which you can't really blame Cohen for.
    An AD is usually only going to be judged on the big 3: football, basketball, and baseball
    I have no confidence in him to make a decent hire in any of those

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I'll probably get hate for this, but sometimes I wonder if some of those good years under Mullen made us think we're something we're not. Not trying to have a po ole State mentality but just being realistic. The Mullen years were the outlier in our history. Things tend to revert back to what they were.
    That has nothing to do with 0 points on 29 straight possessions. Nothing. We have seen the same exact defense on almost every play for 3 straight games. That's a coaching problem.

vCash
    This would have been a good game to try and reinvigorate some positive energy before we go on break, then get obliterated at Bama the week afterward. Instead, we seem to have a lameduck coach that doesn't act like he gives a shit about trying to win games. I'm really not trying to be a asshole, but today was absolutely pitiful to keep a helpless qb in the game, only to pull him after it's waaaay too late to have a chance. Just ridiculous and no excuse for it. If he wants to write off the season, then lets go ahead and forfeit already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    go and read the tweets by Alex Kirshner. He's a college football reporter based out of D.C. He said every MSU drive looks like the last 7 Apple Cups. Leach can't solve this puzzle.
    Thought it was interesting on the Out of Left Field podcast where they were interviewing Luke Falk who was a starting Leach QB for several years at WSU. He said that the rush 3 drop 8 wasn't a problem against most teams but that it was a problem against Washington because they could drop 8 and still get a lot of pressure with 3 rushers. I'm starting to think that is going to be the problem with us against a lot of SEC teams in that SEC DL (who are generally better than PAC 12 and Big 12 DL) can get pressure routinely with only 3. The only counter argument is that most of our OL right now were not recruited to be pass blockers 90% of the time. Either we have to improve the guys we have now in that area or wait until Leach gets guys into the system that are better pass blockers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    James Armstrong?
    Samanta Ricketts?
    Julie Darty (probably)?

Lol, no one gives a shit about those sports. 90% of MSU fans can't even tell you what sport those coaches coach. Cohen should be judged on the hiring of football, men's and women's basketball, and baseball. But most of all, football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Thought it was interesting on the Out of Left Field podcast where they were interviewing Luke Falk who was a starting Leach QB for several years at WSU. He said that the rush 3 drop 8 wasn't a problem against most teams but that it was a problem against Washington because they could drop 8 and still get a lot of pressure with 3 rushers. I'm starting to think that is going to be the problem with us against a lot of SEC teams in that SEC DL (who are generally better than PAC 12 and Big 12 DL) can get pressure routinely with only 3. The only counter argument is that most of our OL right now were not recruited to be pass blockers 90% of the time. Either we have to improve the guys we have now in that area or wait until Leach gets guys into the system that are better pass blockers.
    I posted the same thing in the Game thread. Every single SEC team has 3 stud Dlinemen. And it's not really 5 vs 3 b/c a lot of the time our 2 tackles are on an island out there 1 vs 1. Hell a lot of times our 2 guards are just making their drop blocking air.

I don't understand why we can run student body left and right and get 5 yards every time.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Leach will win here. Good grief some of y?all need to stop whining
    Exactly. Leach is my guy. Dude has literally won everywhere he has ever been. He can coach. I say give him 5 years. Lets go.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Exactly. Leach is my guy. Dude has literally won everywhere he has ever been. He can coach. I say give him 5 years. Lets go.
    Joe Lee Dunn had a good defense everywhere he had ever been, right up until he didn't.

vCash
    Joe Lee Dunn had a good defense everywhere he had ever been, right up until he didn't.
    Jimmy and Joe's.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm not even interested in watching. Didn't watch but 10 mins today. Not even going to fool with. Can we please fire John Cohen? He hired Moorhead. He wanted to hire Joe Judge. He hired Leach. Fire his ignorant ass tonight!!
    Who would you have hired?

If who you hired came in and was presently 1 - 3 under the present conditions who would you hire next week?

Did OM hire the wrong guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy_RoadDawg View Post
    We don't need anymore grad transfers.
    Grad Transfer QBs. I'm good with other positions. Especially when current players can help them learn the system
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm sorta getting used to being lackluster. Didn't get mad 1 time today
    I didn't either, but it was more of understanding the reality of where we are right now. We're implementing a new offensive system and trying to find a QB. In every offense in the history of mankind, that has gone poorly most of the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I didn't either, but it was more of understanding the reality of where we are right now. We're implementing a new offensive system and trying to find a QB. In every offense in the history of mankind, that has gone poorly most of the time
    I'm just close to not giving a crap. If leach fails, that's 2 in a row, and recovering becomes difficult. Covid keeps fans away this year, and shit play makes it hard to get em back.

vCash
    With one major difference. It's only his 4th game here and he's hasn't found his QB yet.

Why is this so hard to grasp? I'm struggling to understand the difficulty of this concept

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    With one major difference. It's only his 4th game here and he's hasn't found his QB yet.

Why is this so hard to grasp? I'm struggling to understand the difficulty of this concept
    So he had 2 nfl qbs at WSU. Why not there?