Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive Quick Thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yes. You all are geniuses. But instead of becoming an AD somewhere, you are posting on ED. Yeah, okay...
    It?s not that hard to spot a good coach to hire at a lower tier school. Give them a few years to prove they can win with little to no talent. Have their teams go on the road and beat several power 5 teams. Win the games they are supposed to win after 3-4 years. You don?t take a coordinator who got superior talent handed to him. I have never coached football in my life and could?ve won with Barkley

vCash
    Yes. You all are geniuses. But instead of becoming an AD somewhere, you are posting on ED. Yeah, okay...
    Well, hoops was more right than Cohen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - We got a week off so we don't have to watch this shit show next weekend!

- Offensively, I think rock bottom has been hit and we're going to start getting better. Hopefully Kylin gets right and Will Rogers makes quick decisions that really help the OL. He's not the most talented guy in the world physically, but it appears as though Leach's offense is about quick decision making and accuracy.

- Defense continues to play hard.

- We aren't getting out talented. Till the 4th quarter today, we didn't have the right QB in place.

- With the week off to fully implement Will as the starter, I think we can get something going and beat Auburn, Vandy, Mizzou, & Ole Miss.

- When Will Rogers came in the game, it's the first time I've seen this offense look, asthetically, like the Washington State offenses I've seen on Youtube I remember commenting after watching a Wazzou game how the offensive line wasn't really challenged because the QB got the ball out so quick. Well, Will can do that.

Leach can't look back now. Will has to start
    Dear goodness you are bipolar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Definitely takes a certain type QB to run this style offense. And its not necessarily the 6'5 guy with a rocket arm. If you remember Gardner Minshew was a star in this offense but before that could not even win the full time starting job while at East Carolina.
    Yeah he sucked. He's starts in the nfl....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah he sucked. He's starts in the nfl....
    Don't be a smartass, he did suck at ECU and without that miracle season under Leach the NFL would not have given him a thought. He had the talent but he had to have the opportunity to show it in a system that fit him.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 10-17-2020 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Right because nobody cam have an oppinion about coaching highers unless theyre an AD.

Guess we better shut this board down, since only SEC coaches can comment something like "kj costello isnt it, we should ride with Rogers".

vCash
    I don't know but I'm thinking currently we have our scout defense running exclusive man coverage in practice against our offense. That is the only logical way I can fathom how Leach thinks we look so much better in practice than in the games.
    It looked fine with Will in. This offense is about the QB making quick decisions. Will can do that, Costello cannot
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It looked fine with Will in. This offense is about the QB making quick decisions. Will can do that, Costello cannot
    I'll have to see more. The game was essentially over when Rogers entered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    It's good to be positive, but I don't understand how you can say we aren't getting out-talented. Texas A&M had better talent across the field. They had zero problem knocking us way back in the end-zone and scoring TD's. Their defense was tons better than our OL.
    Correct, but that isn't what lost that game.

When Leach gets this thing going with the right QB, we win that game 32-14 today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Agree. A&M recruits as well as almost anyone in the country.
    But that had nothing to do with why we lost. Our defense was good and the offense stuck in the mud. When Will came in, we ran right through them and the offense was wide open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'll have to see more. The game was essentially over when Rogers entered.
    True, but the eye movement & speed through progressions was obviously faster with Will. MUCH FASTER and guy were open. It's the most in rhythm our offense has looked since the LSU.

I think it was real. We'll see

vCash
    True, but the eye movement & speed through progressions was obviously faster with Will. MUCH FASTER and guy were open. It's the most in rhythm our offense has looked since the LSU.

I think it was real. We'll see
    I would like to see an entire game with Will to see how things will go before making a final judgement. I definitely believe that is the direction we have to go for now but really, even with Rogers, we only had one good looking drive. Apart from that we didn't move the ball with him either. Bama's defense isn't what it has been so we can still make some judgements in that one.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I see your point, but it seems that would just hurt the side that is playing well
    Defense playing well has us at 1-3. They are playing bad ass, but without figuring out our attack against a 3-8, we might as well kneel the ball. 35 possessions, 7 pts. That is all we have to know.

Also, we need to figure out how to block 3 guys with 5. Nothing else matters.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Whether the game was over when Will was in or not, it seems clear to me that KJ wouldn't have moved the ball like that of he was ran back out there. So whether or not Will can keep it up or not, hes the better option going forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Rogers should have started after Arkansas
    THIS! Why do MSU football coaches have to be so stubborn? It's complete bullshit. Short leash my ass. Costello played over half the game. Only took 9 INT's to make a change. Maybe.

vCash
    I would like to see an entire game with Will to see how things will go before making a final judgement. I definitely believe that is the direction we have to go for now but really, even with Rogers, we only had one good looking drive. Apart from that we didn't move the ball with him either. Bama's defense isn't what it has been so we can still make some judgements in that one.
    I agree that we need more of a sample size with Rogers to know if we can be any good on offense with him this year. I do think we?ve seen enough of Costello to know that is a ship that has sailed though.

The two drives with Rogers that didn?t work out weren?t really his fault. He got sacked on poor protection on the first drive and then was pinned inside our own 10 and had a penalty and some negative plays on the other drive. By the same token, as good as his TD drive was, it?s also possible A&M kinda took a drive off defensively since they were up 3 touchdowns. Will did complete his last 10 passes to finish the game so that was encouraging.

He just looked more comfortable than KJ has at any point in the last three weeks. I don?t know if he?s the long term answer because it?s entirely possible and maybe even likely that Sawyer Robertson ends up being better than him. But at this point we have very little to play for this season. We?re guaranteed to finish no better than 5-5 this year and there isn?t even a bowl eligibility threshold or anything like that. Just roll with Rogers and see what happens. It would likely benefit us as we look ahead to 2021, which is the most important thing at this point.

vCash
    Costello looks very uncomfortable and uncertain. Our offensive line does him no favors but he moves into the pressure. He fumbled two or three snaps today that hit him in the chest because be was trying to read the field so quick. It appears the game is moving too fast for him right now.

Will should have started today. And he should have been in during the Kentucky game before halftime.