Thread: How much longer can Cohen stay AD?

vCash

How much longer can Cohen stay AD?

Everything he's touched since taking over has turned to shit. His one good hire is Lemonis, and even that was a botched. There's a reason no serious Power 5 school ever even considered hiring Leach all these years. The idea that a baseball coach is qualified to run a modern SEC athletic department was laughable at the time and the results have been predictably bad.

Here's the scary part: We're stuck with Leach at least 3-4 years. Unlike most of our SEC brethren, we can't buy ourselves out of two consecutive coaching mistakes, especially in the aftermath of the Wuhan Virus. Cohen has to go, because he absolutely under no circumstances can be allowed to make another coaching hire in any sport, especially football.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Agree completely. Hiring an Air Raid coach was pure stupidity

vCash
    I'm going to wait till we have a decent OL and a mobile QB before saying the air raid won't work.

The offensive line is so bad that Leach only has two options with this offense and neither include Costello.

He either has to start Shrader, who can move around, or take your lumps with Rogers and prepare for the future

The combo of Costello and a bad OL is terrible
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Everything he's touched since taking over has turned to shit. His one good hire is Lemonis, and even that was a botched. There's a reason no serious Power 5 school ever even considered hiring Leach all these years. The idea that a baseball coach is qualified to run a modern SEC athletic department was laughable at the time and the results have been predictably bad.

Here's the scary part: We're stuck with Leach at least 3-4 years. Unlike most of our SEC brethren, we can't buy ourselves out of two consecutive coaching mistakes, especially in the aftermath of the Wuhan Virus. Cohen has to go, because he absolutely under no circumstances can be allowed to make another coaching hire in any sport, especially football.
    Let?s make him the first AD fired for women?s basketball haha. If the women?s team sucks this year he should be fired immediately!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Agree completely. Hiring an Air Raid coach was pure stupidity
    I think your post is so broad and non specific as to what the actual problem is, that it's stupid

vCash
    Cohen lost my respect when he hired Moorhead. I knew at that point he had no idea what he was doing as AD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Cohen lost my respect when he hired Moorhead. I knew at that point he had no idea what he was doing as AD
    We'll see if Leach pans out, but John Cohen has single handedly destroyed MSU football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm going to wait till we have a decent OL and a mobile QB before saying the air raid won't work.

The offensive line is so bad that Leach only has two options with this offense and neither include Costello.

He either has to start Shrader, who can move around, or take your lumps with Rogers and prepare for the future

The combo of Costello and a bad OL is terrible
    Leach doesn't use mobile QBs. He's pro style only. Always has been, always will be. If you think he's changing that now, I don't know what to tell you. If he wanted a mobile QB, he had the chance to develop two of them in Shrader and Moose. Shrader is at WR and Moose is apparently not even a threat to crack the depth chart. And the QB he has committed is pro style. He's an ideologue completely committed to succeeding with the pure Air Raid. It's just like Croom and his Gulf Coast Offense. He's going to do it his way, results and consequences be damned.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We'll see if Leach pans out, but John Cohen has single handedly destroyed MSU football
    I will fully admit I don?t blame him for trying Leach because we needed something different after Moorhead, but if there is no improvement next year I think that?s it for Cohen

vCash
    I?m gonna leave this here in case anyone wants to call and leave Cohen a message....
    Just put in 662 for the area code...
    https://hailstate.com/staff-directory/john-cohen/338

vCash
    Well, on the bright side - the AD's salary is a lot less than a head coach. So a revolving door there is a lot cheaper than a new FB coach every other year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Let?s make him the first AD fired for women?s basketball haha. If the women?s team sucks this year he should be fired immediately!
    Well, I know you are praying hard, one way or the other!

vCash
    MSU's problems at the AD spot are it is controlled by the good ol boys going back to at least the 40's and probably before. Who was the last MSU AD that didn't have a MSU degree? Charlie Carr?

If we fire Cohen I'm not sure that we wouldn't just hire some other "up and comer" with a MSU degree who is in good with the boosters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    MSU's problems at the AD spot are it is controlled by the good ol boys going back to at least the 40's and probably before. Who was the last MSU AD that didn't have a MSU degree? Charlie Carr?

If we fire Cohen I'm not sure that we wouldn't just hire some other "up and comer" with a MSU degree who is in good with the boosters.
    Greg Byrne

vCash
    Greg Byrne
    He has a Master's from MSU and was on staff already so he was hired from within.