Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: 3

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    vCash
    1000600

    3

    Starting on a short leash I assume. He will have to get it going. I just think he has some sort of injury but Leach knows better than anyone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    I think he plays well tomorrow.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    vCash
    1000600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think he plays well tomorrow.
    I hope so

  4. #4
    Senior Member TaleofTwoDogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    110
    He needs to prove he's not just a one hit wonder... just needs to settle down and rely on his 17 years of playing football. See the field.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Turfdawg67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,417
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think he plays well tomorrow.
    Based off of what? You hope he plays well tomorrow.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    vCash
    1000600
    Don?t be surprised if 8 is gone either

  7. #7
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Based off of what? You hope he plays well tomorrow.
    Regression to the mean. His career track record says that he isn’t near as bad as he’s played. Just like a lifetime .280 hitter that’s in an 0-20 slump, it doesn’t make sense for the rebound to not happen soon.

    Just my thought and I’m sure there is more focus this week
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    vCash
    1000600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Regression to the mean. His career track record says that he isn’t near as bad as he’s played. Just like a lifetime .280 hitter that’s in an 0-20 slump, it doesn’t make sense for the rebound to not happen soon.

    Just my thought and I’m sure there is more focus this week
    I think he is injured. But gotta trust Leach I?m just stating my opinion. The ball looks like a dove that has been hit with 5 shot out of his hand

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Don?t be surprised if 8 is gone either
    I take it he has responded.....unfavorably and poorly....to the newly instilled discipline by Leach?

    I was hopeful with all the smoke that he’d take the 1 game suspension and learn and grow and mature. Apparently he’s gone in the opposite direction. That hurts as far as playmakers but you can’t have selfish people that are causing problems on the team no matter how good they are.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    vCash
    1000600
    I trust Leach. And he knows more about he passing game than I could ever pray to know but I?m skeptical at best about KJ tomorrow

  11. #11
    Senior Member Turfdawg67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,417
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think he is injured. But gotta trust Leach I?m just stating my opinion. The ball looks like a dove that has been hit with 5 shot out of his hand
    Agreed... and off his back foot to boot.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    500
    With ya Buck. My opinion is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. Especially when we’re talking about Leach and QB’s. I trust him.

    But if you’re gonna put KJ on a super short leash, why not just go to Will now? Give him all week to work with 1’s and don’t make him come off the bench and get thrust back into the action.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

  13. #13
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    I can't imagine he'd play injured over Will.

    I think some of the ducks he's throwing are due to lack of conviction in the throw. There's been a few times where I've noticed his arm slow down with some hesitancy before release.

    Throw that in with Leach saying that we've looked far better in practice than in games, and I think things could be closer to turning around than we think.

    Just a hunch. Won't be shocked if we suck tomorrow, but the odds have to start evening out at some point.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  14. #14
    Senior Member Charlie_Sheen420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    479
    vCash
    600
    Over or under KJ is the cause for 2 turnovers tomorrow? I'm taking the over....

  15. #15
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    With ya Buck. My opinion is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. Especially when we’re talking about Leach and QB’s. I trust him.

    But if you’re gonna put KJ on a super short leash, why not just go to Will now? Give him all week to work with 1’s and don’t make him come off the bench and get thrust back into the action.
    Probably because Costello practices well and is clearly the better QB.

    On Dawgs talk Leach said we are much better in practice than we've been playing in games. There's your answer.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  16. #16
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Over or under KJ is the cause for 2 turnovers tomorrow? I'm taking the over....
    Push

    Thing is, if the two INTs come in the right way, with aggressive throws, they may not be a bad thing if that aggressiveness also leads to big plays.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Probably because Costello practices well and is clearly the better QB.

    On Dawgs talk Leach said we are much better in practice than we've been playing in games. There's your answer.
    Well at some point, you have to stop being a practice player and you have to produce when the lights are on. He’s not doing that right now. Idc what practice looks like. We don’t get wins/losses from practice play. I hope he goes out there and looks like a new dude and Will doesn’t have to come in because when KJ is on, he’s shown how good he can be. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,016
    vCash
    1000600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Probably because Costello practices well and is clearly the better QB.

    On Dawgs talk Leach said we are much better in practice than we've been playing in games. There's your answer.
    Or maybe Leach doesn?t want to throw a freshman out there behind a OL who is struggling to protect

  19. #19
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Well at some point, you have to stop being a practice player and you have to produce when the lights are on. He’s not doing that right now. Idc what practice looks like. We don’t get wins/losses from practice play. I hope he goes out there and looks like a new dude and Will doesn’t have to come in because when KJ is on, he’s shown how good he can be. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
    Agree. Just saying that’s likely why he’s starting. Also, when he’s clearly better in practice and the coaches see 8 of 11 players 17ing up on his INTs, then it won’t help to put in Will
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  20. #20
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,314
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Or maybe Leach doesn?t want to throw a freshman out there behind a OL who is struggling to protect
    Yeah. That too
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.