Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I trust Leach as long as we're getting the REAL Mike Leach. My biggest fear, as I posted a while back, is that get a half assed, Houston Nutt Ole Miss type effort
    This is my fear, Cohen hiring a coach that is passed his prime and is only looking for a paycheck.

vCash
    I trust Leach as long as we're getting the REAL Mike Leach. My biggest fear, as I posted a while back, is that get a half assed, Houston Nutt Ole Miss type effort
    I don't really know what that means. He already does less than any other SEC coach. He delegetes a lot of head coach responsibilities to Dave Emerick. He doesn't do a lot of recruiting. He runs the same offense he's been running for 20 years no matter what so he's not learning or installing anything new. He doesn't watch a ton of film. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know the names of half our guys on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't really know what that means. He already does less than any other SEC coach. He delegetes a lot of head coach responsibilities to Dave Emerick. He doesn't do a lot of recruiting. He runs the same offense he's been running for 20 years no matter what so he's not learning or installing anything new. He doesn't watch a ton of film. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know the names of half our guys on defense.
    Well, that doesn't sound good
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I hope CML is too competitive for that.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I hope CML is too competitive for that.
    One would think and I'd also think he doesn't want his legacy as a coach to be destroyed by this.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    So he's Dan Mullen

vCash
    Y’all really think Leach doesn’t want to prove he can make it work in the SEC?

GTFO with that BS. He ain’t here just collecting a pay check on the way to retirement. Of course he wants to win. This is some of the craziest s***t I’ve heard. He’s already filthy rich with a place in Key West. If he was ready to retire, he woulda retired. The stupid narratives some of our fans come up with when we’re struggling is just mind boggling sometimes.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Y’all really think Leach doesn’t want to prove he can make it work in the SEC?

GTFO with that BS. He ain’t here just collecting a pay check on the way to retirement. Of course he wants to win. This is some of the craziest s***t I’ve heard. He’s already filthy rich with a place in Key West. If he was ready to retire, he woulda retired. The stupid narratives some of our fans come up with when we’re struggling is just mind boggling sometimes.
    My personal favorite- Felker called all the offensive plays in games that Croom won.

vCash
    Looks like the only starter out is Kylin. OL is going to be the same minus Dolla and with Sharp. WR stays the same unless Walley Starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    So he's Dan Mullen
    No, Mullen micro managed his assistants and went thru D-coordinators like hotcakes. Leach doesn't interfere with his defensive coaches at all-which is a good thing. But also shows how little Leach is involved with everthing except the offense. This is no different than Leach has been his whole career. Leach has it figured out for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Looks like the only starter out is Kylin. OL is going to be the same minus Dolla and with Sharp. WR stays the same unless Walley Starts.
    Is kylin done for the year or just this game?

vCash
    We have the worst fans in the whole wide world. WWW.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    We have the worst fans in the whole wide world. WWW.com
    We don't have fans we have family. Its just the family can be dysfunctional at times. I agree though that it is not believable that Leach would come to the SEC just to mail it in. Now, as some have said, Leach has never been a workaholic micromanager who is in love with recruiting. He will do things as he has done for nearly 20 years in the Big 12 and Pac 12. Only question is whether the level of involvement and effort Leach has always given will be enough to win in the SEC. Only time will tell. I don't think you can draw any conclusions on that though from this season without a Spring to install and perfect the system with repetition which is what Leach depends on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We don't have fans we have family. Its just the family can be dysfunctional at times. I agree though that it is not believable that Leach would come to the SEC just to mail it in. Now, as some have said, Leach has never been a workaholic micromanager who is in love with recruiting. He will do things as he has done for nearly 20 years in the Big 12 and Pac 12. Only question is whether the level of involvement and effort Leach has always given will be enough to win in the SEC. Only time will tell. I don't think you can draw any conclusions on that though from this season without a Spring to install and perfect the system with repetition which is what Leach depends on.
    Good post and good question. Time will tell. I think it can work but he better have a really strong staff and continuity.

vCash
    Good post and good question. Time will tell. I think it can work but he better have a really strong staff and continuity.
    He does definitely seem to have a loyal staff. Didn't he basically bring every position coach he had from WSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Good. I'm sick of these players and their shitty attitudes. It will suck to lose but at least we'll be losing with players busting their ass. I'm just going to hunker down the next two years like I did Cohen's first two as baseball coach.
    Totally agree. Play the ones who bust there butt.
    Sorry. No rep. I must spread some more around.