Thread: Do We Get B*&^ Slapped or Play Well Saturday?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    More of the same from the past 2 weeks IMO.

ETA: IF we can limit it to even just one turnover for an entire game and not let it get taken back for a pick 6 or to the 2 yard line then the game won't be as demoralizing.
    I agree with Rosebowl on this.

On the BY yesterday, he talked about how he thinks the offense will get going all at once rather than a gradual progression.

Our offense isn't working due to the players not knowing what to do. Once they figure it out. Once they sit in the zone, once the OL gets comfortable with wide splits, & once the QB sees it a little quicker, we could go from scoring zero vs KY to 40 against A&M.

I truly believe that.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I am having what you are having.

Until the effort issues, int issues, reading the field issues are solved. I am holding out hope that this offense will work in the SEC and work at a high level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

On the BY yesterday, he talked about how he thinks the offense will get going all at once rather than a gradual progression.

Our offense isn't working due to the players not knowing what to do. Once they figure it out. Once they sit in the zone, once the OL gets comfortable with wide splits, & once the QB sees it a little quicker, we could go from scoring zero vs KY to 40 against A&M.

I truly believe that.

I don't disagree with that except for the part about doing it this week.

Consistency will be the key after they get a little more acquainted with the mechanics of everything.

So you think Leach has never had success against 3-8s in his career?

Just trying to follow your logic here?

The only hole I can poke in the discussion you are looking for is that he wasn't playing elite defenses every week. Almost all defenses in the SEC would be considered pretty dominant in another conference.

Washington would fit right in on the defensive side of the ball.

Oregon not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I don't disagree with that except for the part about doing it this week.

Consistency will be the key after they get a little more acquainted with the mechanics of everything.

The only hole I can poke in the discussion you are looking for is that he wasn't playing elite defenses every week. Almost all defenses in the SEC would be considered pretty dominant in another conference.

Washington would fit right in on the defensive side of the ball.

Oregon not so much.
    When was the last time Ole P had an elite defense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    When was the last time Ole P had an elite defense?
    There?s a reason I said ALMOST all defenses in the SEC and not ALL defenses.

My point is obviously that defenses we face weekly in the SEC are on average well above that of other conferences.

vCash

I truly believe that.
    Spot on Assessment