Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Get B*&^ Slapped or Play Well Saturday?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Do We Get B*&^ Slapped or Play Well Saturday?

I think Saturday will be an extreme one way or the other.

Either the team has learned to execute against a zone defense & will rally around the new sheriff

or

We'll have too many quality players out, bad attitudes, and we get our doors blown off.

It's my opinion that Leach needs his best game plan on Saturday. We obviously have a mentally fragile team in which rather deep culture issues developed during the JoMo era.

Thus, it's important that our players see the fruits of their labor in overcoming adversity. If we can play well this weekend, after all that's gone on, Leach will have gotten the players to overcome some adversity, which will go a long ways in getting the culture right.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    More of the same from the past 2 weeks IMO.

ETA: IF we can limit it to even just one turnover for an entire game and not let it get taken back for a pick 6 or to the 2 yard line then the game won't be as demoralizing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    More of the same from the past 2 weeks IMO.

ETA: IF we can limit it to even just one turnover for an entire game and not let it get taken back for a pick 6 or to the 2 yard line then the game won't be as demoralizing.
    I agree with Rosebowl on this.

On the BY yesterday, he talked about how he thinks the offense will get going all at once rather than a gradual progression.

Our offense isn't working due to the players not knowing what to do. Once they figure it out. Once they sit in the zone, once the OL gets comfortable with wide splits, & once the QB sees it a little quicker, we could go from scoring zero vs KY to 40 against A&M.

I truly believe that.

vCash
    I am having what you are having.

Until the effort issues, int issues, reading the field issues are solved. I am holding out hope that this offense will work in the SEC and work at a high level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

On the BY yesterday, he talked about how he thinks the offense will get going all at once rather than a gradual progression.

Our offense isn't working due to the players not knowing what to do. Once they figure it out. Once they sit in the zone, once the OL gets comfortable with wide splits, & once the QB sees it a little quicker, we could go from scoring zero vs KY to 40 against A&M.

I truly believe that.

I don't disagree with that except for the part about doing it this week.

Consistency will be the key after they get a little more acquainted with the mechanics of everything.

So you think Leach has never had success against 3-8s in his career?

Just trying to follow your logic here?

The only hole I can poke in the discussion you are looking for is that he wasn't playing elite defenses every week. Almost all defenses in the SEC would be considered pretty dominant in another conference.

Washington would fit right in on the defensive side of the ball.

Oregon not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I don't disagree with that except for the part about doing it this week.

Consistency will be the key after they get a little more acquainted with the mechanics of everything.

The only hole I can poke in the discussion you are looking for is that he wasn't playing elite defenses every week. Almost all defenses in the SEC would be considered pretty dominant in another conference.

Washington would fit right in on the defensive side of the ball.

Oregon not so much.
    When was the last time Ole P had an elite defense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    When was the last time Ole P had an elite defense?
    There?s a reason I said ALMOST all defenses in the SEC and not ALL defenses.

My point is obviously that defenses we face weekly in the SEC are on average well above that of other conferences.

vCash

I truly believe that.
    Spot on Assessment

vCash
    If players can't handle working to make the offense work, then let them quit. Can't win with quitters. This idea we should automatically be good is stupid.
    I think we see improvement but not sure we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If players can't handle working to make the offense work, then let them quit. Can't win with quitters. This idea we should automatically be good is stupid.
    I think we see improvement but not sure we win.
    True. Good point

vCash
    Didn't another poster on another thread yesterday say that the offense "clicked" again? I took that that they figured out how to overcome a 3-8 alignment scheme on defense - with attitude. Did I read that wrong? Is it not true? I am "hoping" or really expecting is a better term, for a good game from MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Didn't another poster on another thread yesterday say that the offense "clicked" again? I took that that they figured out how to overcome a 3-8 alignment scheme on defense - with attitude. Did I read that wrong? Is it not true? I am "hoping" or really expecting is a better term, for a good game from MSU.
    I think someone was being sarcastic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I think someone was being sarcastic
    I was... sorry. I thought the sarcastericks gave it away. I was poking fun at KJ. If 9 INTs and 2 FLs are "clicking", I'd hate to see him when the offense was clueless.

vCash
    I'm not sure anyone can say the offense has clicked until it's done in a game.

vCash
    I think the Def keeps it close till they just wear out in the 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I think the Def keeps it close till they just wear out in the 4th.
    I think our D gets exposed this week. This will be the first of many good passing teams on our schedule and our secondary is our weakest link. Hopefully our O can score a bunch.

ETA: And please bookmark this and rub it in my nose if I'm wrong... I pray that I am.

vCash
    I think we look better (less turnovers and mistakes), and still get beat solidly by a better team than us.

vCash
    I'm cautiously optimistic there's improvement on offense. How much? Yeah, I don't have a clue. Hopefully Leach has hit a nerve within the team that inspires some urgency and they respond.

But it's gotta get better than the UK game doesn't it?......DOESN'T IT?!?!?!?!
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic there's improvement on offense. How much? Yeah, I don't have a clue. Hopefully Leach has hit a nerve within the team that inspires some urgency and they respond.

But it's gotta get better than the UK game doesn't it?......DOESN'T IT?!?!?!?!
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

vCash
    After the last two weeks I'm not expecting much. A&M will rush 3, drop 8 and it will be deja vu all over again.