Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do We Get B*&^ Slapped or Play Well Saturday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I want Leach to succeed but it ain't gonna be this year. This is year zero. I think we look better next year.
    This. We need to treat this as a pre-season and consider it a chance to install a new system top to bottom. LSU was fools gold and a lot of us were misled by it. Truth is...we will probably only win 2 more games this season but it is what it is.

vCash
    I think we look better on offense but worse on defense and still lose. A&M is the most well-rounded offensive team we have seen so far. I don't think Mond is just awesome but he's better than he gets credit for sometimes. And they have a good running game too, Spiller is a very good back. If there is one thing that might help us it's that they are getting pretty thin at the WR position, they've had several opt outs and injuries and then their leading receiver last week blew out his knee on the game tying touchdown.

We may not score 30 or 40 but I think we look better on offense than we have the last two weeks. Would be hard to look any worse. I think the vegas line is about right, I think we are catching them at a good time with us having something to prove and them coming off a huge win, so I feel like it's a close game, just don't know if we can limit our mistakes enough to win outright. I would say it's definitely a winnable game if we play clean, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll pick us to win in a close game: 24-20
    17 you miserable 17s that can only complain.
    I'm too lazy to go look. Curious what you predicted our 1st game?

vCash
    Go look at all the boards. There are a ton of people pulling for Leach to fail. People mad he's disciplining players. People thinking he should be fired for two games.
    And no, one season doesn't kill you. This is a total program rework. Those players see a chance to play day one. Especially when they see the number of FR we've played this year.
    Again curious Cooter... what other boards? This is really the only one I frequent. Sixpack is a joke so I quit going there unless I want to know the "OT: Top Restaurants in Meridian".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Again curious Cooter... what other boards? This is really the only one I frequent. Sixpack is a joke so I quit going there unless I want to know the "OT: Top Restaurants in Meridian".
    Ha! 6Pack has the same people as here. They're just more vocal there. It's more a smartass contest over there. And Meridian is void of good eateries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    0-11 had me rolling. Bet KJ would still throw and int after being pressured in the pocket! Lol!!
    I bet he would either throw a completion or just throw it away when he did not have to throw at all.

Anybody remember the 4 corners. What are the fewest shots ever taken in a game?

vCash
    I'm with you fellers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I don't disagree with that except for the part about doing it this week.

Consistency will be the key after they get a little more acquainted with the mechanics of everything.

The only hole I can poke in the discussion you are looking for is that he wasn't playing elite defenses every week. Almost all defenses in the SEC would be considered pretty dominant in another conference.

Washington would fit right in on the defensive side of the ball.

Oregon not so much.
    When was the last time Ole P had an elite defense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree with Rosebowl on this.

On the BY yesterday, he talked about how he thinks the offense will get going all at once rather than a gradual progression.

Our offense isn't working due to the players not knowing what to do. Once they figure it out. Once they sit in the zone, once the OL gets comfortable with wide splits, & once the QB sees it a little quicker, we could go from scoring zero vs KY to 40 against A&M.

I truly believe that.
    Spot on Assessment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    When was the last time Ole P had an elite defense?
    There?s a reason I said ALMOST all defenses in the SEC and not ALL defenses.

My point is obviously that defenses we face weekly in the SEC are on average well above that of other conferences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I want Leach to succeed but it ain't gonna be this year. This is year zero. I think we look better next year.
    You are really stepping out there with that prediction **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So you think Leach has never had success against 3-8s in his career?

Just trying to follow your logic here?
    I haven't followed his career but the last two games look like he didn't know what to do with it or how to coach a team in it or it isn't going to work well in the SEC. Leach is the hammer and everything he sees is a nail. SEC has elite D's of college football outside of Clemson, Ohio St. and a few others. NFL rosters prove that. NFL and SEC speed on D is across the board just better.

I hope he figures it out but what did we do different at UK vs Ark? I didn't see anything. Well we ran less. We actually ran ball on Ark OK.

KJ already knows where he wants to throw it and Ds are baiting him and it ain't even difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I haven't followed his career but the last two games look like he didn't know what to do with it or how to coach a team in it or it isn't going to work well in the SEC. Leach is the hammer and everything he sees is a nail. SEC has elite D's of college football outside of Clemson, Ohio St. and a few others. NFL rosters prove that. NFL and SEC speed on D is across the board just better.

I hope he figures it out but what did we do different at UK vs Ark? I didn't see anything. Well we ran less. We actually ran ball on Ark OK.

KJ already knows where he wants to throw it and Ds are baiting him and it ain't even difficult.
    There is nothing elite about either of the two defenses we just lost to, so you have no argument. Guys aren't doing their job. Period.

vCash
    It will be bad. You can not intentionally tear down a decades plus work and expect to rebuild it instantly. We are essentially doing what we did post Stans in basketball, starting two years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    0-11 had me rolling. Bet KJ would still throw and int after being pressured in the pocket! Lol!!
    I'll bet we wouldn't run the ball either
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    We're like a Jury .... we can only ponder the evidence that has been put forth in front of us .. observations aren't necessarily complaining and that evidence is why everyone is skeptical ... it's not the wins vs losses - it's the effort & game planning .... aTm is gonna brutally prove this point
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I think we get the brakes beat off us. If the line stays at 7 points or less sell everything you own and bet against us and make a flipping killing!
    it's down to 4-1/2 this am .... somethings out of whack .... disclaimer - that's what I heard on the radio this am and haven't confirmed that ..... either way 7 points is still way to low
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 10-16-2020 at 07:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    We're like a Jury .... we can only ponder the evidence that has been put forth in front of us .. observations aren't necessarily complaining and that evidence is why everyone is skeptical ... it's not the wins vs losses - it's the effort & game planning .... aTm is gonna brutally prove this point
    Yeah I'll be tuning in & cheering them on but they gotta give us some sort of step in the right direction.

It's not that it's A&M by any means. It could be Arky or UK again and I'd still be skeptical after the past two weeks.

Vandy & Mizzou are the only teams the rest of the year I will probably get upset if we lose to. Those two would leave me feeling like the previous 2 weeks have.

------

People have said we will win some we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't with Leach. That isn't what we are dealing with right now. I don't think we are to the point of being able to say that because of the year we've had and the new system and staff.

I definitely see growing pains being the culprit more than sleeping on the job and gameplan being effective in the SEC. Yeah, we have some players who give up on plays and there's probably other stuff happening behind the scenes with the new staff and players. I trust that Leach will fix that.

Beating LSU is probably the worst thing Leach could've done for himself. LSU D sux and they were dumb enough to play man the entire time. They've been exposed for that now that us and Mizzou have beat them. They will lose more so that win seems smaller and smaller. It's definitely overshadowed by the Arky and Kentucky losses in my eyes.

But, fortunately for them, I have patience. I am an MSU fan after all. Unless you tell me to pound sand or kick rocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    it's down to 4-1/2 this am .... somethings out of whack .... disclaimer - that's what I heard on the radio this am and haven't confirmed that ..... either way 7 points is still way to low
    It's interesting. Possible factors -
    A&M has gotten run off the field the past 3 trips to Starkville - highly ranked every time.
    A&M's pass defense have faced the fewest pass attempts per game (29) in the SEC; but have given up the second most yards per attempt (10.2), 2nd highest completion percentage (71.6), and the 2nd highest number of passing TD's (9).
    They have also been getting little pressure as they are 12th in sacks (4); and 9th in TFLs (15)
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It's interesting. Possible factors -
    A&M has gotten run off the field the past 3 trips to Starkville - highly ranked every time.
    A&M's pass defense have faced the fewest pass attempts per game (29) in the SEC; but have given up the second most yards per attempt (10.2), 2nd highest completion percentage (71.6), and the 2nd highest number of passing TD's (9).
    They have also been getting little pressure as they are 12th in sacks (4); and 9th in TFLs (15)
    There you go... giving me a glimmer of hope. Dammit