Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Roster

vCash
    Y'all might as well cry yourselves to sleep, because that Shrader dream isn't happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's what I was saying a few days ago. Shrader could be a deadly weapon in this offense if used properly. It's just putting a wrinkle in the scheme to give something for defenses to think about.
    I agree. And it wouldn't really be much different. Hell, you could motion him into the backfield.

vCash
    Getting obvious why most 2021 offers are for offensive players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    This is what I wish leach would do on 4th and 1 plays.

put in 2 backs. One of them is Shrader. If they play the 3-8, Snap the ball to Shrader for the run (QB Draw, QB runs the slot WR Route) . Or if they load the box, Snap to the QB (KJ/ Will) have him run his route for a pass.
    Who does the pre-snap read? How are they communicating with the center with the defense knowing? We already have problems with the center snapping it to the QB, now you want him to aim it at someone that may not be right behind him?

These things sound great, but they require more practice than we realize to work. I know a lot of people want Leach to just run it at teams, but we hired him to run his system. Leach is a good coach with his system, but if you force him to use another system, who knows what you get. He just needs time to implement it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdDawg View Post
    Who does the pre-snap read? How are they communicating with the center with the defense knowing? We already have problems with the center snapping it to the QB, now you want him to aim it at someone that may not be right behind him?

These things sound great, but they require more practice than we realize to work. I know a lot of people want Leach to just run it at teams, but we hired him to run his system. Leach is a good coach with his system, but if you force him to use another system, who knows what you get. He just needs time to implement it.
    The same person that makes the LOS adjustment for every other play.

The QB.

And the communication is the same way the QB changes the play at the line without the defense knowing for all the other times.

And being lined up right behind the center 5 yards away vs being 25 degrees to the left and 5 yards away is not that different.

I was not suggesting we try it out in a game. Nor was this an attempt to change what leach does.

vCash
    "Why do we run the ball all the time, we should throw it more."
    "Everybody in that stadium knew the QB was running that ball on 3rd and short."

"Why are we passing so much, we need to run the ball."
    "Let the QB run the ball in a trick play."

Come on y'all haha. It's ridiculous, Leach is going to run Leach's system so we may as well get over it and stop the hopes and dreams. Every State fan in the world was tired of Mullen's system and now after some growing pains you want Leach to run Mullen's system. It's not going to happen so stop dreaming about it. The guys just need to execute plain and simple. Unlike JoMo we are actually moving the ball but the turnovers are the difference in the game because we have out gained our opponents in both loses. The kids literally had one month of practice with a new coach and completely new system. I'm pissed off too, nobody wants to lose but cut them some slack. Leach is also a proven coach unlike JoMo so I suspect he will get it going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our biggest issues IMO at WR are Osirus and Heath. Not because of talent. Because of attitude.

I'd start Shavers and move Shrader to outside WR. At least Shrader is tough- unlike 4 or 5. Payton and Williams have been OK at slot WR along with Walley. If Shrader can't play outside I'd look at Dontae Jones maybe.
    I know nothing about Heath but what is the deal with Mitchell? He was the star of the show in the upset against LSU and is now a WR in a pass happy offense. Why would he have a bad attitude? I can understand Hill possibly having a bad attitude not getting many actual carries with this offense but a WR having attitude issues blows my mind.

vCash
    Austin Williams is more than decent. Dude catches everything thrown his way and he didn’t play much against woopig because of a hamstring. And can someone tell me what Heath’s deal is? The only thing I’ve seen from him is highlights from high school. He has not impressed.