Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Roster

vCash

Our Roster

as listed on Hailstate.com has 26 WRs and we can't find someone better than Walley and Gardner? Payton is a stud, Osirus is decent when he plays with effort, Austin Williams is decent, Shrader has shown he can catch, but after that the drop off must be cataclysmic if we're running the former two out there.

Edit: It doesn't differentiate TEs from WRs but still we have plenty.

vCash
    Walley is a true freshman. And minus 2 freshman moments with the muffed punt and I don’t really put a ton of blame on him for that INT Saturday. Could he have come down with it? Sure, I’m sure he’d tell you that. But that ball was thrown way too high when he should have hit him in the numbers.

I would venture to say Walley gets even more PT going forward and becomes more of a factor going forward. He’s going to be really really good.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Walley is going to be good. I think we see Tulu soon. He's behind the curve with the offense but catching up.

vCash
    Don't we play like 12 receivers throughout the game?

vCash
    Walley is going to be really good. REALLY good. Cam Gardner did not impress.

vCash
    Got to get the ball to them in space first.

vCash
    Walley has a very bright future. Payton, Heath, and Shavers seem like they have more play making ability than most of our other receivers. Everyone else that we?ve played just seems like holdovers from previous regimes that will soon be replaced by better players.

We?ve definitely had worse talent at receiver than this group, but we also should have noticeably better talent in the next year or two.

vCash
    Walley played baseball for me on my showcase team for a couple years. The kid works hard and I can tell you he's hurting worse than any of us from the mistakes. He's gonna be a dang good player for us. He's learning like many freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Walley played baseball for me on my showcase team for a couple years. The kid works hard and I can tell you he's hurting worse than any of us from the mistakes. He's gonna be a dang good player for us. He's learning like many freshman.
    Do you know his brother too? Just wondering if we got the better of the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Do you know his brother too? Just wondering if we got the better of the two.
    Yes I know them both. IMO Jaden's the better athlete and a harder worker. Jaden could've been one heckuva of a center fielder if he had stuck with baseball but he loved football more. I'm happy he's seeing his dreams coming true. He's a really good young man.

vCash
    Our biggest issues IMO at WR are Osirus and Heath. Not because of talent. Because of attitude.

I'd start Shavers and move Shrader to outside WR. At least Shrader is tough- unlike 4 or 5. Payton and Williams have been OK at slot WR along with Walley. If Shrader can't play outside I'd look at Dontae Jones maybe.

vCash
    I forgot about Shavers. I like his potential. I agree that Osirus is probably more a detriment than a help. Has anyone else noticed how stiff he is? I saw somewhere else where someone likened his spin and juke ability to a Madden rating of 40.

vCash
    The only guys we have on roster right now that can get some YAC is Payton, Walley, and Tulu will be able to when given the opportunity. Shavers can if he's running one of those mesh routes across the middle and can get a full steam ahead because of his speed and how long his strides are but he's not "shaking" anybody.

Walley and Tulu next year with a season under their belt and a year in the weight room, plus Shavers a year in this system, plus Knox and Nabers in this '21 class who both will be some major YAC guys when they get acclimated. I hope we get to where the numbers work out that we can take another transfer WR or 2 that their specialty is getting YAC and are shifty guys and understand route running versus zone & man. Homedawg has also said that Ducking has been really good and expects him to contribute next year on the outside. I think next year, the WR will be much improved. Not quite where it needs to be but improved for sure.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    We need to do a big roster revamp at the end of season on offense...if a WR doesn?t project in our top 8-10 or can?t be moved to a different position.... they need to be processed out. Need more OL, LB, DB?s, DL.

vCash
    Since we are talking about roster.....can we please get a NICK MARSHAL clone. He could do it all as a qb. His legs in that zone read, deadly. He was so fast he could just beat you to the edge on broken pass plays and could throw a deep ball. He was an athlete. Now they also had better receivers that year than we have ever had but still..... he was electric when he was ON.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our biggest issues IMO at WR are Osirus and Heath. Not because of talent. Because of attitude.

I'd start Shavers and move Shrader to outside WR. At least Shrader is tough- unlike 4 or 5. Payton and Williams have been OK at slot WR along with Walley. If Shrader can't play outside I'd look at Dontae Jones maybe.
    Hell if Leach is going for it on 4 and 1 put Shrader at QB and Say "Go Get Hoss".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Hell if Leach is going for it on 4 and 1 put Shrader at QB and Say "Go Get Hoss".
    ^^^ THIS ^^^ it's so simple that even JoMo figured it out .... or 3rd & 2,3, or even 4 or 5 ...... maybe even on 1st & 10 ... Have we had a QB run for a first down yet because I keep seeing a hell of a lot of open ground in front of them when they leave the pocket
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    Since we are talking about roster.....can we please get a NICK MARSHAL clone. He could do it all as a qb. His legs in that zone read, deadly. He was so fast he could just beat you to the edge on broken pass plays and could throw a deep ball. He was an athlete. Now they also had better receivers that year than we have ever had but still..... he was electric when he was ON.
    Marshall was a heck of an athlete, but not nearly a good enough passer to work in the Air Raid. He was in the perfect scheme for his skillset with Malzahn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    This is what I wish leach would do on 4th and 1 plays.

put in 2 backs. One of them is Shrader. If they play the 3-8, Snap the ball to Shrader for the run (QB Draw, QB runs the slot WR Route) . Or if they load the box, Snap to the QB (KJ/ Will) have him run his route for a pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    This is what I wish leach would do on 4th and 1 plays.

put in 2 backs. One of them is Shrader. If they play the 3-8, Snap the ball to Shrader for the run (QB Draw, QB runs the slot WR Route) . Or if they load the box, Snap to the QB (KJ/ Will) have him run his route for a pass.
    That's what I was saying a few days ago. Shrader could be a deadly weapon in this offense if used properly. It's just putting a wrinkle in the scheme to give something for defenses to think about.