Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What About Mayden?

vCash

What About Mayden?

Would it not make sense to give him a series?

vCash
    Nope

vCash
    Can't hit the broad side of a barn

vCash
    Nothing against him, but I’m really surprised he’s stuck around.

vCash
    He has one of the best arms on campus. Just not there mentally yet to know where to go with it. He is a better passer than GS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He has one of the best arms on campus. Just not there mentally yet to know where to go with it. He is a better passer than GS
    Regarding the second sentence, Neither is kj. That is obvious. We haven't scored in our last 20 possessions on offense, and have turned it over on 8 of those 20. Can Mayden do any worse?

vCash
    How good of a runner is Mayden relative to Shrader?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    How good of a runner is Mayden relative to Shrader?
    Not comparable

vCash
    I still think Garrett would provide a spark to start a fire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Would it not make sense to give him a series?
    No. Same reason there isn't one for gs. Just not the guy for this offense.

vCash
    Regarding the second sentence, Neither is kj. That is obvious. We haven't scored in our last 20 possessions on offense, and have turned it over on 8 of those 20. Can Mayden do any worse?
    Not worse than sat. But can't help us win either. He's not the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not worse than sat. But can't help us win either. He's not the answer.
    Prob not. But obviously kJ is not. And obviously practice is Not an accurate gauge. Mayden May suck, but he can't be any worse than kJ has been the last 8 quarters.

vCash
    Prob not. But obviously kJ is not. And obviously practice is Not an accurate gauge. Mayden May suck, but he can't be any worse than kJ has been the last 8 quarters.
    True

vCash
    Mathematically speaking, there would be 12 additional opportunities to turn the ball over. Also, the opponent only scored on some of those turnovers.**

And they said I wouldn't use all of that math I had to take at State......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terradawg View Post
    I still think Garrett would provide a spark to start a fire
    We could win with Shrader, but would have to abandon Leach's scheme completely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No. Same reason there isn't one for gs. Just not the guy for this offense.
    Well it ain't KJ, if it ain't GS then you have to play Will for the future. I think GS can throw good enough to complete 5 yard passes at a high rate and run to keep them honest. So the D adjusts. GS can throw the 15yard pass and he can heave one deep every once in a while just to keep them honest. We can't stand too many more weeks like the last two. The bleeding has to stop.

You work summers and spring to iron out the wrinkles. Yes I know we didn't get it, neither did Olemiss. They sure clicking good. I just want above terrible. I just want watchable.

vCash
    As far as practice Rogers being sick put us in a rock and a hard place. If you're Leach do you go with the guy that had one really good game and then one bad game or the guy with zero experience who may not be 100% over his illness? I wouldn't have started Rogers last week and Leach didn't. I don't blame him.

Now maybe if Rogers had played against Arkansas you maybe consider opening up competition then for Kentucky and who knows how that turns out? And then you have rumors of Costello being hurt on top of it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Well it ain't KJ, if it ain't GS then you have to play Will for the future. I think GS can throw good enough to complete 5 yard passes at a high rate and run to keep them honest. So the D adjusts. GS can throw the 15yard pass and he can heave one deep every once in a while just to keep them honest. We can't stand too many more weeks like the last two. The bleeding has to stop.

You work summers and spring to iron out the wrinkles. Yes I know we didn't get it, neither did Olemiss. They sure clicking good. I just want above terrible. I just want watchable.
    Logically Will will start against A&M. At least that is the rumor. I don't see how he won't start Saturday anyway. It's like others have said- we eliminate turnovers and we're 3-0 right now.

vCash
    I know this all makes good message board discussing but these coaches have been running this offense a long time. They will figure it out.

vCash
    Mayden is just like Nick or KT. They were/would've been amazing in Mullen's system but once he left their opportunities mostly dried up. Now don't get me wrong, Mayden can absolutely sling it, but his accuracy is on par with Chris Relf pre Mullen.