Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves NLCS Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If the braves can so this then Snikter should get a statue. He basically got rid of the deadweight at pitching, Floty and others, lost his best pitcher to injury and has Max Fried and Ian Anderson aas his 1@2. Lost his 2 best hitters for most of the year and had a Ad Hoc lineup with Dansby all over the order and changed the lineup till he got it right. Yep who else besides me said WTF FF batting second? Freddie Gonzales would've given up after Albies and Acuna went down. He has done a Manager of the year job. And most people said not to hire him.
    I love Snit. He's not afraid of change or challenges. He just keeps rolling and figures out how to win.

vCash
    Gotta take care of business braves. Don't let this reach game 7. Great win last night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta take care of business braves. Don't let this reach game 7. Great win last night
    Agreed. All the pressure is on LA until game 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Agreed. All the pressure is on LA until game 7.
    And la is remembering their past postseason chokes and it will be making them tighten up. Just look
    at the difference in teams last night from beginning, Braves looked loose and ready to go, Dodgers looked like men with a death sentence. It reminds me of late 90s early 2000s Braves teams in the postseason. They played tight and pressed and it bit them every year. Can't play baseball tight have to play with relaxed focus. I mean dang Bryce Wilson looked focused but also like he was having the time of his life as opposed to Kyle Wright who looked like he was scared to death. I look for the Braves to come out swinging tonight and put some runs up early.

vCash
    I knew the Dodgers had started having issues. I saw this series happening pretty much how it has. WS should be interesting. Braves are hot.

vCash
    Braves pulling a John Cohen 2013 special - AJ Minter starting tonight.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bullpen game tonight for both teams with Dodgers starting may. Should be interesting hope we wrap it up and Max doesn't have to pitch until next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Bullpen game tonight for both teams with Dodgers starting may. Should be interesting hope we wrap it up and Max doesn't have to pitch until next week.
    I don’t like it from the Braves standpoint. I’ll gladly be proven wrong. I think u bring into play way more problems and my feeling has always been the more people trot out to the mound the more likely that someone just doesn’t have it.

I can see WHY they’re doin it and if they win it will all work out.

vCash
    Dam SNit is overthinking this/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I don’t like it from the Braves standpoint. I’ll gladly be proven wrong. I think u bring into play way more problems and my feeling has always been the more people trot out to the mound the more likely that someone just doesn’t have it.

I can see WHY they’re doin it and if they win it will all work out.
    I'm not fond of the bullpen game myself but with the choice to start Max on short rest or this, I feel like this is the best course of action.

vCash
    We will know that for sure if he bunts in the first inning
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We will know that for sure if he bunts in the first inning
    One thing about Snit he don't bunt AT all!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again

vCash
    What else do you do?

I think this move is just fine, this was always going to be a bullpen game.

vCash
    This game is huge. Winning it tonight would allow us to fried and anderson game 1 and 2 of WS.

vCash
    Second guess all you want but Minter was outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Second guess all you want but Minter was outstanding.
    Thought the same. Scratching my head why the pulled him for Matzek.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    Thought that was about all he had, 42 pitches for a 1 inning guy is a lot. Especially since it’s been years since he has had to work that deep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Thought that was about all he had, 42 pitches for a 1 inning guy is a lot. Especially since it’s been years since he has had to work that deep.
    Yeah he was at the end. Velo and command was off a little that last inning. Heckuva job from a 1 inning pitcher. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    I'm scratching my head why he kept Smith in. The dodgers were just being patient with him. They weren't going for his "Glavine" junk and knew he was going to walk them ot make a huge mistake. Plus hate to say it but dammit Ozuna get your depth perception checked.

vCash
    Game 7 tonight. Please don't completely ruin my weekend Bravos.