Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New sheriff in town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    KJ wasnt 100% before LSU and its not getting better.. It sucks for the kid , came here to build his resume for the league and to help us win football games..
    Wouldnt shock me if he is shut down sooner than later..
    Damn....hate to hear that. That's tough for someone who thought he'd never play again, finds Leach and a new opportunity, shreds the first defense he plays against, but just has some injuries that have lingered and are getting worse.

It makes sense and makes the last 2 weeks a little clearer because he's looked like a completely different dude. ZERO velocity on his ball, scared to get hit (watching Stanford highlights, he took off and ran a few times and took some shots), floating/guiding the ball, etc.

If that's true, it's a disservice to him and the team to keep trying to run him out there. Go to Will, take the lumps, let him learn the rest of the year, and let's be ready to roll next season.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    KJ wasnt 100% before LSU and its not getting better.. It sucks for the kid , came here to build his resume for the league and to help us win football games..
    Yeah, that does suck.

I know the two have nothing to do with each other, but having back to back transfer QB's come in and fizzle out in rather quick and spectacular fashion, doesn't look great. Obviously I know the circumstances are drastically different, but especially with KJ being such a coveted transfer, it sucks for our perception (and obviously for him) that it didn't work out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Some veterans were told to get on board or gtfo. We dont care which. The door is unlocked.
    I'm on board with that train of thought but I also think this is a bigger problem than just players or talent
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I was under the impression that Marks was actually really tight with Rogers personally. I would hate to see Marks or Johnson leave. Johnson had to have put on 20 LBs of muscle since HS. He looks the part of all SEC RB. I believe Marks will be as well.

I agree with what y?all are saying in here, this is a ?free year? go ahead and get your younger guys all the reps possible so they can rock it next year.

Just my opinion, but it won?t hurt my eyes to not see Heath or Hill back on that field. I think Hill is more worried about other things than football this year. He just seems to be tapping out a lot more than usual.

Also y?all are spot on about Aeris Williams he was great and was the definition of MS State RB football. Did he get a shot anywhere?
    It's all frustration talk right now. That's why I said rumor. But it's been said. And I could see Witherspoon moving to defense if there's room. He was a good defensive player in HS. Other schools recruited him for defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I was under the impression that Marks was actually really tight with Rogers personally. I would hate to see Marks or Johnson leave. Johnson had to have put on 20 LBs of muscle since HS. He looks the part of all SEC RB. I believe Marks will be as well.

I agree with what y?all are saying in here, this is a ?free year? go ahead and get your younger guys all the reps possible so they can rock it next year.

Just my opinion, but it won?t hurt my eyes to not see Heath or Hill back on that field. I think Hill is more worried about other things than football this year. He just seems to be tapping out a lot more than usual.

Also y?all are spot on about Aeris Williams he was great and was the definition of MS State RB football. Did he get a shot anywhere?
    I'd add Osiris to your list of malcontents.

vCash
    Lingering issue or one developed after getting to Starkville? If the former, our coaches may need to rethink the process for transferring in likely starters who've been sidelined due to injury. More thorough medical work-up, maybe counseling so the mental aspect of injuries can be worked through better and less chance of taking on a life of their own inside the player's head.

vCash
    My only problem with all this "new sheriff in town" is that its October.

He was hired in January.

vCash
    KJ is still dealing with a bum shoulder. He should've had surgery this past fall, but elected to try to rehab/pt it.
    NFL team doctors were going to note that he needed surgery on his shoulder (after physicals). It was a full year of rehab and KJ didn't want to risk missing an entire year. What you are seeing is that his shoulder is experiencing fatigue/dead arm syndrome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My only problem with all this "new sheriff in town" is that its October.

He was hired in January.
    And then Covid hit in March. No spring or summer really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They had summer workouts - we had workouts, plenty of time to set a tone. Hell all i heard all summer was "Leach Beach" and how things were rougher than ever. Was that all BS?

All the talk after the LSU win was how his new discipline had really taken hold. Was that just BS and now he is really taking control, or is it BS now and just spin for his failures in addressing the 3-8.

vCash
    Maybe a little difference between physical conditioning and mental conditioning. Just because a player is strong in the legs doesn't mean he is between the ears.

vCash
    They had summer workouts - we had workouts, plenty of time to set a tone. Hell all i heard all summer was "Leach Beach" and how things were rougher than ever. Was that all BS?

All the talk after the LSU win was how his new discipline had really taken hold. Was that just BS and now he is really taking control, or is it BS now and just spin for his failures in addressing the 3-8.
    And we're in shape. What's your point? We didn't have practice til later. You can't sort some things out til you see it all. Get into the season, and some kids puss out on you when things don't go their way. It's all good til the easy part is over.

vCash

No inside knowledge but maybe some kids are workout warriors and look good in the gym, but things change when they get popped on the field.

vCash

I'm guessing it's just a matter of the cracks don't show until there is a little adversity.

vCash
    They were a damn sight better shape than the LSU players, it was evident in the 4th quarter.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash

You're addressing a lot of things that aren't mutually exclusive. Guys can still ride the fence despite going through hard workouts. Discipline can still be good, yet not 100% are buying in 9 months in. Most guys can buy in and you can still have a couple malcontents. You can fail to defeat the 3-8 because of execution and still have malcontents. You can have malcontents and your scheme have a problem with the 3-8.

The primary message from Leach is they have to coach better and execute better. Also there are malcontents so we need to make sure we are playing the right guys. All those things can be true without it being confusing, spin or BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yea, until Fall camp started, I would venture to say Leach spent way more time in Key West than Starkville since getting hired in January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, until Fall camp started, I would venture to say Leach spent way more time in Key West than Starkville since getting hired in January.
    Considering he wasn't allowed to be around players until close to the start of fall camp I'm not sure that matters just a ton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yeah, that does suck.

I know the two have nothing to do with each other, but having back to back transfer QB's come in and fizzle out in rather quick and spectacular fashion, doesn't look great. Obviously I know the circumstances are drastically different, but especially with KJ being such a coveted transfer, it sucks for our perception (and obviously for him) that it didn't work out.
    KJ has made several comments about how intense, in terms of physical contact, our practices are. I know that contact teaches your body to be able to take contact. So, is it just hard to come from a conference / background where there is less contact to a place where there is more and more intense contact without being injured. Is this just an issue with it taking their bodies longer to adjust and causing higher rate of injury. These guys are athletes and have at least taken some hits in their past so I used to think they would adjust fairly easily. I don't really think so any more.

Dak and Fitz grew up being hit like running backs and it they took a ton of hits in college without too much injury from contact (dirty ankle twist does not count).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Considering he wasn't allowed to be around players until close to the start of fall camp I'm not sure that matters just a ton.
    I don't think he is blaming Leach for anything.