Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New sheriff in town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    What is going on with Walker? I might be out of the loop but why haven?t we seen him in the backfield this season yet?
    He was a major reach of an offer by Moorhead just to add another warm body to the RB room and see if maybe he could show some of his recruiting hype from high school. He is not going to be a contributor here and is not an SEC quality back at this stage of his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    He was a major reach of an offer by Moorhead just to add another warm body to the RB room and see if maybe he could show some of his recruiting hype from high school. He is not going to be a contributor here and is not an SEC quality back at this stage of his career.
    He and Love are the same boat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It starts by not throwing it to the other team. If you can protect long enough the defense will expand and you will get some longer throws open. You have to hit your back but we have to hit him quicker and also set him up with screens. Not slow screens I?m talking about swing routes and motioning to empty and getting it to him quick. More variety in the run game will help. Fold blocking on zone and a simple wrap or trap would help. If the QB is unsure in this offense it is in trouble. He has to be more intelligent than he is talented
    Leach gives his QBs a ton of responsibility to check at the line into the right play. I'm sure it will take some time to get a good handle on that by the QBs.

But with KJ ... I think he still looks gun shy from his injury and afraid to get hit. Plus, he a straight pocket passer from what I can tell so far. He ain't a great thrower when even sliding up or moving in the pocket at all ... at least it don't look to me like he is. Rogers looks like he can do that and throw on run too ... just from the glimpse I saw the other night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    That is so weird because that guy could run well for his size in high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're going to need a RB in this class.
    What does this mean? We already know Hill and Walker are gone. Does it mean one of our returning contributors is leaving as well, or does it mean we are losing more than one returning RB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What does this mean? We already know Hill and Walker are gone. Does it mean one of our returning contributors is leaving as well, or does it mean we are losing more than one returning RB?
    Rumor is we may be losing another after season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Leach gives his QBs a ton of responsibility to check at the line into the right play. I'm sure it will take some time to get a good handle on that by the QBs.

But with KJ ... I think he still looks gun shy from his injury and afraid to get hit. Plus, he a straight pocket passer from what I can tell so far. He ain't a great thrower when even sliding up or moving in the pocket at all ... at least it don't look to me like he is. Rogers looks like he can do that and throw on run too ... just from the glimpse I saw the other night.
    I actually think KJ has some issue with his arm. I don't know if it's 'dead arm' from throwing so many passes or something else but when he started passing against KY there was absolutely no zip on the ball. It was coming out of his hand almost like throwing a shot put. Balls just floating up in the air to the WR. Mechanically he doesn't even look like the same passer he was in week 1.

vCash
    I'm good for 1 every 37K. Just bear with me.

That is a good one Shotgun! LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I actually think KJ has some issue with his arm. I don't know if it's 'dead arm' from throwing so many passes or something else but when he started passing against KY there was absolutely no zip on the ball. It was coming out of his hand almost like throwing a shot put. Balls just floating up in the air to the WR. Mechanically he doesn't even look like the same passer he was in week 1.
    Could be. He's thrown off his back foot a lot this year too tho. Did it against LSU too but WRs had separation from their man. In zone it's killing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The program started downhill IMO when Joe started Kylin over Aeris.

Aeris stood for everything that was right about MSU football and got the dirty yards. The moment Joe valued ceiling over what Aeris did, we lost a lot of what made us good.
    This is some truth right here. That was one of the biggest dick jobs in coaching I've ever seen. AW did not deserve that shit. Pin the blame on that asshole Charles Huff who didn't give a damn about the players here because this job was always a one year stop for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    That all started last year. Especially one certain DB who started last night on MNF. What Joe did, and I was supporter until the Tennessee game, is absolutely disgusting. The ONLY reason we had a good year in ?18 was because of strong leaders in Abram, Green, Simmons, Sweat, Hoyett, Thomas, some of the OL, and Nick. I can?t stand Nick, but I have to give him credit he was a fighter.

Kylin continues to be about himself. Let me tell you this, he was never serious about not playing ball this year in regards to flag; he never thought it would get to what it did. Additionally, he was told by multiple scouts to return to school because he was a practice squad player in the NFL and to stay off Twitter. When NFL alums are also telling you to stay off Twitter and you continue not to, you?ll wind up not fulfilling your dream.
    Kylin was told by a NFL person that teams keep files of social media posts on prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Kylin was told by a NFL person that teams keep files of social media posts on prospects.
    Damn... KH is prolly about the size of a Harry Potter book then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Damn... KH is prolly about the size of a Harry Potter book then...
    Have some rep.

vCash
    I feel bad for the guys chasing these kids on twitter. Going to be less to see.
    I don't, doesn't seem very mature.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Costello is aiming the ball. He's gun shy now and he's hesitant and aiming. I've seen it in young pitchers for years. They walk a few and then they start aiming the ball and they lose velo and command. It's in Costellos head now.
    The Yips.

vCash
    I really do hope Will gets the nod Saturday. If we're going to suck this year and have guys learning through game reps, I'd rather suck and let the ones that will be here next year be the ones that are playing and learning. We'd be so much better for it next year.

It's gonna be really hard to watch the game Saturday if #3 runs out there on the field the first series of the game. I'll watch & support KJ because he's wearing Maroon but dammit I'll just be holding my breath the entire time he's at QB.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I wasn't even considering him but that's likely too.
    So we're going to lose one of Marks and Johnson as well as Witherspoon?

Damn. I would have thought Marks and Johnson would be happy to be the clear 1 & 2 starting next year (or earlier if Hill decides to opt out). I haven't really paid close enough attention to compare them, but Johnson has stood out more to me and looked better while he was running, so I guess I could see Marks not liking that if he came in thinking he was going to be the clear #1 in his class. But both have looked promising. Of course I thought Witherspoon was going to be a really good back for this offense also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He and Love are the same boat.
    Did not realize that about Love. Didn't he get good playing time at Louisville as a freshman? I know that's not the SEC, but I would have thought he'd be solid if he got playing time as a freshman.

vCash
    I was under the impression that Marks was actually really tight with Rogers personally. I would hate to see Marks or Johnson leave. Johnson had to have put on 20 LBs of muscle since HS. He looks the part of all SEC RB. I believe Marks will be as well.

I agree with what y?all are saying in here, this is a ?free year? go ahead and get your younger guys all the reps possible so they can rock it next year.

Just my opinion, but it won?t hurt my eyes to not see Heath or Hill back on that field. I think Hill is more worried about other things than football this year. He just seems to be tapping out a lot more than usual.

Also y?all are spot on about Aeris Williams he was great and was the definition of MS State RB football. Did he get a shot anywhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    His release is quicker for sure. I think something is wrong with Costello. He's always had a slow release, but the ball just looks awkward coming out of his hand. He has a good arm bc he showed it at Stanford, but it's been MIA the last two weeks.
    KJ wasnt 100% before LSU and its not getting better.. It sucks for the kid , came here to build his resume for the league and to help us win football games..
    Wouldnt shock me if he is shut down sooner than later..