Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New sheriff in town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Do we know if anyone has actually been "purged" from the team? If not, do we know if we have had really good buy in this week during practice?
    I heard it "clicked" this week.***

vCash
    “What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which John McKay replied, “I’m in favor of it.”

vCash
    Do we know if anyone has actually been "purged" from the team? If not, do we know if we have had really good buy in this week during practice?
    If I had to guess there were probably some talks to players about what is acceptable and if they choose not to change then they will be purged.

vCash
    I can get behind that, I think not buying in has been a huge reason for the lack of execution and lack of hustle. If this has been corrected and we play much better at QB, we should give A&M a four quarter game.

vCash
    I can get behind that, I think not buying in has been a huge reason for the lack of execution and lack of hustle. If this has been corrected and we play much better at QB, we should give A&M a four quarter game.
    It would definitely help. The attitude hasn't been right for a long time. Osirus not fighting for the ball cost us a TD. He fights for that and it's a 5 point game in all likelihood. That's just an obvious example that stood out to me.

And I don't like it when our players talk trash and then they don't back it up on the field. Way too much of that going on.

vCash
    Couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My only problem with all this "new sheriff in town" is that its October.

He was hired in January.
    Yeah. Something happened between January and now. Can you guess?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I remember that crap. @ Kentucky 2014. I lost a lot of respect for JRob that day.
    Agree but Mullen was in the wrong for not getting him those extra two yards. Coaches have to manage personalities

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree but Mullen was in the wrong for not getting him those extra two yards. Coaches have to manage personalities
    And Josh was known to be unmanageable. Josh had the talent to be a 3 year starter - we all saw the flashes of it. But, he couldn't get out of his own way. And, Josh did have a chance - he just didn't make it. He got a carry on 1st down with 1:22 left in the game - and only got 4 yards. At that point, we took 2 knees and ran the clock. I'd have a totally different opinion if he hadn't been sent back out for that short last series. Keep in mind too that even though it wound up a 2 score game - one minute earlier the game was in doubt as UK had just closed the lead to 7 and attempted an onside kick - which Turtle ran back for a TD to clinch the game. I don't know that I would have tempted the football gods after that just to give 2 vanity yards to a stat sheet. I'm GTFO with the win.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    😂😂😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And Josh was known to be unmanageable. Josh had the talent to be a 3 year starter - we all saw the flashes of it. But, he couldn't get out of his own way. And, Josh did have a chance - he just didn't make it. He got a carry on 1st down with 1:22 left in the game - and only got 4 yards. At that point, we took 2 knees and ran the clock. I'd have a totally different opinion if he hadn't been sent back out for that short last series. Keep in mind too that even though it wound up a 2 score game - one minute earlier the game was in doubt as UK had just closed the lead to 7 and attempted an onside kick - which Turtle ran back for a TD to clinch the game. I don't know that I would have tempted the football gods after that just to give 2 vanity yards to a stat sheet. I'm GTFO with the win.
    As a coach, you have to know what makes your players tick and your job is to get the most out of them.

Has Mullen done what was in the best interest of his team instead of making a point, J Rob would've likely been more engaged for the rest of the season & MSU's best team may have won more games.

I'm not saying in any way that J Rob was in the right, but Mullen should've just gotten him the yards or told him prior the the last carry that his is your last chance

vCash
    Whatever it was - it certainly didn't affect the team's dedication/desire/attitude/hustle/work ethic or whatever excuse people are now laying at our player's feet when we kicked the shit out LSU when their DC kept blitzing the air raid.

Its amazing how I didn't see anything about any of these issues when Pelini was showing how not to defend the air raid. KJ was winning the Heisman, no talk of purging or malcontents just a dominant football team.
    s
    What has changed the last two weeks? One damn thing - we have faced the 3-8 defense in back to back weeks, and instead of the blame being thrown on the Coach, it is the players and their bad attitudes or selfishness or whatever crap you want to throw their way. Its a lot easier to shit on our players and blame them for looking awful in back to back games, as opposed to looking at the HC who refuses to adapt his offense regardless of the talent of his team.

The reason its easier to do that is because no one wants to admit that maybe we have a problem with a HC that can't solve the 3-8. He didn't solve it against Washington. Go back and watch the Wazzu/Oregon game - I did last night, Oregon didn't stay in a 3-8. They rushed 4 and 5 at times, and Wazzu ate it up. When they sat back and only rushed 3, Wazzu struggled. The problem is that most DC don't have the patience to sit back and play 3-8 all game. Also, Oregon was terrible making tackles in open space.

Instead of crapping on our players, maybe we should ask that our coach solve the 3-8 by coming up with some sets that can take advantage of a prevent defense.

vCash
    Whatever it was - it certainly didn't affect the team's dedication/desire/attitude/hustle/work ethic or whatever excuse people are now laying at our player's feet when we kicked the shit out LSU when their DC kept blitzing the air raid.

Its amazing how I didn't see anything about any of these issues when Pelini was showing how not to defend the air raid. KJ was winning the Heisman, no talk of purging or malcontents just a dominant football team.
    s
    What has changed the last two weeks? One damn thing - we have faced the 3-8 defense in back to back weeks, and instead of the blame being thrown on the Coach, it is the players and their bad attitudes or selfishness or whatever crap you want to throw their way. Its a lot easier to shit on our players and blame them for looking awful in back to back games, as opposed to looking at the HC who refuses to adapt his offense regardless of the talent of his team.

The reason its easier to do that is because no one wants to admit that maybe we have a problem with a HC that can't solve the 3-8. He didn't solve it against Washington. Go back and watch the Wazzu/Oregon game - I did last night, Oregon didn't stay in a 3-8. They rushed 4 and 5 at times, and Wazzu ate it up. When they sat back and only rushed 3, Wazzu struggled. The problem is that most DC don't have the patience to sit back and play 3-8 all game. Also, Oregon was terrible making tackles in open space.

Instead of crapping on our players, maybe we should ask that our coach solve the 3-8 by coming up with some sets that can take advantage of a prevent defense.
    I don't disagree with everything you say and especially putting accountability on the couches, BUT ...

We do have an attitude problem with some players on the team. That was especially evident with #5 and #8. We all saw #5 and the issues he had and the resulting penalties. But what may have gone unnoticed was #8 head butting a KY player that tackled him on the sidelines, or the trash talking (jawing) that went on after every play he had the ball. Every time he was tackled he jumped up mouthing off at the opponent making all sorts of gestures with his hands and arms. All of that crap is unnecessary especially if you are not backing it up with effort during the play. There are player attitude issues!

Now hopefully, after this past week, with the come to Jesus meeting we supposedly had, that will change - the coach did take accountability and control of the situation.

vCash
    I haven't really seen that. Mitchell didn't give effort and let a TD catch just be taken from him. Other than that, it just seems like our QB and WR have not bee on the same page. Kylin taps out every other play, but I haven't noticed him slacking when he does play. I don't think our OL have been getting beat because of lack of effort for the most part.

vCash
    As a coach, you have to know what makes your players tick and your job is to get the most out of them.

Has Mullen done what was in the best interest of his team instead of making a point, J Rob would've likely been more engaged for the rest of the season & MSU's best team may have won more games.

I'm not saying in any way that J Rob was in the right, but Mullen should've just gotten him the yards or told him prior the the last carry that his is your last chance
    We don't know that he didn't. I think 3 years of frustration with Josh probably caught up to Dan at that point. But, Dan had given Josh every opportunity to get with the program and we all know he never really did. I can totally see why you don't reward the guy that you have to hand hold constantly. That is also taking the good of the team and the good of the program into consideration. JoMo just showed us the the consequences of the method you are saying Dan should have employed.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

s

Where can I watch it?

vCash
    Listed to Bo Bounds this morning and Rosebowl was on there saying he expects KJ to start but be on a very short leash.

When you’re having to give someone an incredibly short leash because of recent play, it usually doesn’t end very well. That sometimes is in the QB’s head and he’s trying not to screw up to not get pulled and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Why not just go ahead and make the change to try and create a spark? Tell Will he’s starting and give him all week to work with the 1’s so he gets familiar with them instead of making him wait on the sidelines for KJ to screw up and then thrust him into action off the bench again. That’s just my opinion. Maybe I’m wrong.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash

I completely disagree with this. You're there to win games. Not chase stats.

vCash

s

Funny, Leach did blame the coaches and himself before he called out the attitudes. But, it's just shitting on players. Take that shit somewhere else!
    And we'll see if this all works out down the road. It may, it may not. You yourself said we were going to be a pass heavy team and we should all watch WSU. Said he wouldn't change and why should he because it works. Now, you're quitting like the players that are in trouble. So I'd think you could figure it out.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-15-2020 at 06:15 PM.

vCash

Hell no. You don?t compromise the good of the team for anyone. That would be a very Moorhead move