Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade

vCash

Would you trade

losing to Arky and Kentucky for wins against A&M and Auburn?

Start of the season we were supposed to beat Arky and I think Kentucky was supposed to play us hard. We were not supposed to beat A&M or Auburn. How would you see the season if this plays out that way and we don't look like complete and total idiots against Alabama.

vCash
    Beating A&M, then not looking like idiots against Bama, and then beating Auburn would mean we've made some SERIOUS progression on offense.

So yeah, I'd take that for sure.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Beating A&M, then not looking like idiots against Bama, and then beating Auburn would mean we've made some SERIOUS progression on offense.

this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post

Yeah, I'd take that too. Let everyone feel the pain. And the cherry on top, let Vandy beat Bama. Misery loves company.

vCash
    Completely agree, loosing the past two weeks suck from a W/L standpoint. But, I would even take playing A&M, Auburn and Bama hard and losing somewhat close at this point.

vCash
    This may sound ridiculous, but I don’t think our offense is far off from working. Think about all the turnovers, ESPECIALLY in the redzone, and if you take half of them away we are 3-0. I just don’t know if we have the QB to make it work this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    This may sound ridiculous, but I don’t think our offense is far off from working. Think about all the turnovers, ESPECIALLY in the redzone, and if you take half of them away we are 3-0. I just don’t know if we have the QB to make it work this year.
    I agree with you. It seems like out of our 11 INT's, at least 8-9 have been when we were driving the field and getting into a rhythm and sometimes in the red zone.

Total offense is a little inflated from the LSU game but we've put together some good drives and then throw a stupid INT when we get into the opponent's territory.

vCash
    It's not ridiculous. That bad news is we have problems at OL, QB, and WR. But the good news is a lot of the problems at QB and WR can be fixed with reps. Unless Costello just has a mental problem with attacking zones, he can make the throws accurately, as he proved against LSU. He just needs WRs finding spots and for them to be on the same page.

The biggest concern is I'm not sure what in the hell is going on on the OL. We need to be able to block 3 with 5. I don't understand how Dolla BIll could be so bad that he can't help double team a DL.

vCash
    Auburn isn't very good. KY played them well. They should've lost to AR. GA blew them out.

vCash
    This right here is the thing for me. Arky looks like the most improved team of the conference and Auburn looks like they could be the ones that take the giant step backwards. State I feel like we are exactly where people thought we would be outside of Winning at LSU and losing to Arky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Auburn isn't very good. KY played them well. They should've lost to AR. GA blew them out.
    We aren't either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We aren't either
    This is true. But we aren't hopeless either. Bellard's last year, Sherrill's last 3, vrooms 1st 3 and last one. Those were hopeless.

Watching pro games makes me realize just how precise qb's and wr's have to be in reading coverage and timing. It's a learning process. The good news is that now we know how we are going to be played, we can work on our attack.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    This right here is the thing for me. Arky looks like the most improved team of the conference and Auburn looks like they could be the ones that take the giant step backwards. State I feel like we are exactly where people thought we would be outside of Winning at LSU and losing to Arky.
    Ole Miss looks like the most improved team in the conference. Ark, we should have beat them by 14. Seriously. We refused to spy the QB, for whatever reason. Our safeties played the ball really poorly. Do those two things and they may not have scored a point, except for the 7 blind QB spotted them.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    We need to start to roll out KJ too. Seems like a really easy thing to do to change the throwing lanes just a little.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    If we don't show big improvement and the ability to score some touchdowns this weekend, I could see us losing out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We need to start to roll out KJ too. Seems like a really easy thing to do to change the throwing lanes just a little.
    Not happening imo. That dude can barely move and runs like a 60 year old man.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Let’s. Freakin’. Ride.

vCash
    I don't know if any quarterback can eliminate the turnovers constantly throwing into an 8 man zone. That's why Leach needs to find a way to make them respect the run, especially if Rogers is going to be the quarterback going forward. The poor kid won't have a chance if the whole defense is sitting on his passes. I don't think Leach needs to change his philosophy, he just needs to make teams abandon that 8 man zone. Then things will start to open up in the passing lanes.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Ole Miss looks like the most improved team in the conference. Ark, we should have beat them by 14. Seriously. We refused to spy the QB, for whatever reason. Our safeties played the ball really poorly. Do those two things and they may not have scored a point, except for the 7 blind QB spotted them.
    Unless we're counting defense into the equation.