Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start shrader this week

vCash

Start shrader this week

If for no other reason, this is great...

And then there's another reason, aTm's practicing the drop 8 would a waste bc shrader would run wild (short runs, but chain movers)

vCash
    you don't really believe they would keep 8 in the box w him qb do you???

vCash
    Shrader gives us the best chance to win now, but can’t run Leach’s offense efficiently in the future.

Leach needs his best game plan this week. Win or lose, these kids need to see progress.

The biggest difference between MSU and the other places that Leach has coached is that most MSU players had other power 5 options. They want to see success or they start questioning things.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    you don't really believe they would keep 8 in the box w him qb do you???
    Probably not, but if they practice it all week, it could cause problems either way. I don't think we winning either way; but if I see our offense look like the last 2 weeks again, I'm gonna be sick.

vCash
    For the record, I started this thread mainly in jest bc I loved the tweet. I really don't care who starts at qb... I just wanna see improvement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If for no other reason, this is great...

And then there's another reason, aTm's practicing the drop 8 would a waste bc shrader would run wild (short runs, but chain movers)
    You know this is a parody account right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You know this is a parody account right
    Lol, crap. I'd claim it if I were shrader. I don't twitter... just saw it on my Facebook timeline. Thanks

vCash
    [QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1277273]Shrader gives us the best chance to win now, but can?t run Leach?s offense efficiently in the future.

Why not ? ... nobody's currently running his offense right now - And I have every confidence that Schrader CAN and WILL hit those long 5-yd passes
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    If our approach against the drop 8 does not change, then I am all for starting Shrader. We aren't throwing downfield at all. Everything is a check down 4 yard pass. Shrader will at least result in the first line of the drop 8 having to account for a run threat.

I am also all for toughness coming back to our QB position. I want to see Rodgers or Shrader back there. Give them a go.
    Last edited by hp22; 10-12-2020 at 12:56 PM.

vCash
    Schrader can be used as a very good decoy on several plays. Motion him up as a RB on some plays whether he gets the ball or not. Line him up as QB and motion KJ/Will to WR - make it a QB keeper. Line him up as QB again for a quick, short pass.

Just anything to add a wrinkle or two just to give the 3/8 something to ponder.

vCash
    Another vote for why not?

Check out Minshew at WSU. 80% of the offense is a check down route.

Shrader can make those pass. In addition to avoiding the rush and run for first downs when the play breaks down.

vCash
    I've seen a lot of post suggesting that GS start at QB but is he even practicing with the QB's at this point? I thought he completely made the move to WR. If he hasn't, then yeah it wouldn't hurt to give him a few reps. Leach has openly stated that GS doesn't like spending the amount of time a QB needs in the film room. I'm not sure how much time KJC spends but it's not enough.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 10-12-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Didn’t Minshew run a lot when he played for Leach? I thought I remembered him being so crafty and it opened up a lot down field...

vCash
    Considering they are still having nightmares about Fitz running wild on them.

vCash
    This week will tell us whether or not this staff is willing to make significant adjustments (successful or not) or whether they are just going to keep hammering that square peg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    For the record, I started this thread mainly in jest bc I loved the tweet. I really don't care who starts at qb... I just wanna see improvement
    I don't want to see another pick 6 all year. We have basically had 4 in 3 games. Most teams go 5-10 years without 4 pick 6. I want to see us move the ball and score some points.

vCash
    A bad showing this weekend at home again and you can kiss the attending fanbase goodby. They won't have to enforce Covid restrictions on home games, no one will come to any more.

vCash
    Couple more INTs and we might as well. Hell, I can throw it to the other team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    A bad showing this weekend at home again and you can kiss the attending fanbase goodby. They won't have to enforce Covid restrictions on home games, no one will come to any more.
    Good Lord. Why don't you melt a little bit more about it?

vCash
    Well CML was pretty clear toady that GS isn't going to QB