Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Morgan, RIP!

vCash

Joe Morgan, RIP!

2020 claims another great. Joe Morgan passed away today. Was never a reds fan but the little dude could really play! RIP, Joe!

vCash
    I hate to hear that. I always liked him and I remember the way he would flap his back elbow to remind himself to keep it down during his swing.

vCash
    He was a solid broadcaster too

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree, Cooter. I liked him and Jon Miller together as a broadcast team.

vCash
    Yeah him and Jon Miller were great together, way better than what they have on Sunday Night baseball now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I hate to hear that. I always liked him and I remember the way he would flap his back elbow to remind himself to keep it down during his swing.
    I always wondered why he did that ... he was a Playa !!!
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Guess it just shows my age, all these great ones I remember dieing off.
    Last edited by Martianlander; 10-12-2020 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He was a solid broadcaster too
    He was a dam good broadcaster. Crab so far this year Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford and now Joe Morgan. Anyone else. I know Hank ain't in that great shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He was a dam good broadcaster. Crab so far this year Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford and now Joe Morgan. Anyone else. I know Hank ain't in that great shape.
    Al Kaline and Tom Seaver this year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Guess it just shows my age, all these great one I remember dieing off.
    Yep, sad times. I remember riding my bike to the store everyday and buying baseball cards and opening those packs and hoping to get the stars. Good times. Now they're all starting to pass away, makes me feel older with each one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep, sad times. I remember riding my bike to the store everyday and buying baseball cards and opening those packs and hoping to get the stars. Good times. Now they're all starting to pass away, makes me feel older with each one.
    My favorite card was a 1967 Reggie Jackson Athletics card. Never forgot that he was wearing a yellow jersey in it and the bat on his shoulder. And I actually chewed the gum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    My favorite card was a 1967 Reggie Jackson Athletics card. Never forgot that he was wearing a yellow jersey in it and the bat on his shoulder. And I actually chewed the gum
    I loved that gum and the card next to it always had the smell of it on it and the outline of the gum. These kids today don't know what they're missing.

vCash
    Sunday night baseball of my youth with joe Morgan talking about throwing “the slide piece” is nostalgia at its very best...

Morgan, costas, and ueker calling the mid-late 90s NBC games was quality entertaining broadcasting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I loved that gum and the card next to it always had the smell of it on it and the outline of the gum. These kids today don't know what they're missing.
    I shudder to think how many thousands of future dollars went up in smoke on the back wheel of my bicycle! Old me would tell young me "Hey you stupid shit, hide those cards and save them. Put mama's bridge cards on your bicycle!".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Sunday night baseball of my youth with joe Morgan talking about throwing “the slide piece” is nostalgia at its very best...

Morgan, costas, and ueker calling the mid-late 90s NBC games was quality entertaining broadcasting.
    Amen to that!

vCash
    Loved me some Big Red Machine back in the day. I was a Reds fan, my Grandfather was a Cards fan, and my first cousin was a Yankees fan. My Grandfather loved talking baseball and all 3 of us would get all riled up going at each other. RIP Joe. The '75 Series against the Red Sox will always be one of the best ever played .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I shudder to think how many thousands of future dollars went up in smoke on the back wheel of my bicycle! Old me would tell young me "Hey you stupid shit, hide those cards and save them. Put mama's bridge cards on your bicycle!".
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner34 again.

vCash
    Grew up a Reds fan. Will always remember the Big Red Machine of the 70's. Bench, Morgan, Rose, Geronimo, Cocepcion, Griffey...others I have since forgot. RIP Joe Morgan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodawg View Post
    Grew up a Reds fan. Will always remember the Big Red Machine of the 70's. Bench, Morgan, Rose, Geronimo, Cocepcion, Griffey...others I have since forgot. RIP Joe Morgan!
    Add Tony Perez and George Foster.

vCash
    Fricking 2020 keeps on keeping on. I'm still a huge Reds fan today because I jumped on the Big Red Machine bandwagon as a wee lad in the mid to late 70's. Loved me some Joe Morgan.