Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Worried More About Leach than I am His Offense

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe if two receivers would have caught two balls they had their hands on in the end zone that would not have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Maybe if two receivers would have caught two balls they had their hands on in the end zone that would not have happened.
    Probably, those were hardly routine catches though.

vCash
    Mitchell yes but that other pass was hard, high, and behind the WR. It was a shit throw that would have taken a great play to catch that ball.

vCash
    So you're saying we're still setting records on offense*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Fans raising hell and giving up, absolutely have an effect on the program.
    Well we did roll out the bandwagon, what do you expect.

vCash
    Mitchell's was pretty routine. Would have been easier for him if there had been a little more air in it, but he made the catch. He just let the LB snatch it from him.

I thought the other one was an awful pass when I first saw it, but one of the replay angles made it look a lot better. Hard to say for sure but it looked like maybe Costello put it where he needed to put it and it was the receiver that didn't break his route like he should have. Was still high, but there appeared to be a defender he was getting it over and a very catchable ball if the receiver wasn't stopping rather than running past it to where he had to reach back as well as up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    what are we supposed to think when it's 8 bad games instead of 2 .....OK, so we don't yet have the players to implement his offense with precision and efficiency ... Do we not adapt until we do ? Where are the contingency plans if something doesn't work ? Why do we keep running something that doesn't work ? Where is the imagination ? There are a lot of first downs out there that a competent running play would convert - how long are we supposed to wait when what we see in front of us is absolutely adamant with no room for suggestion or improvement ? ..... I get the recruiting his type of players will eventually improve his offense but what I don't get is him refusing to try something different for the sake of winning with what he currently has
    We aren't playing for one season. Does it matter if we win 5 or 6 games this year? No. We hired him to run the damn air raid. That's what he needs to do. Returning players will be better for it. And as far as running, when your OL is getting killed, you can't. We need our returning players getting comfortable with the scheme, because they obviously are not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Well we did roll out the bandwagon, what do you expect.
    Everyone bout broke their neck jumping on. Now they've skint up their knees jumping off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We aren't playing for one season. Does it matter if we win 5 or 6 games this year? No. We hired him to run the damn air raid. That's what he needs to do. Returning players will be better for it. And as far as running, when your OL is getting killed, you can't. We need our returning players getting comfortable with the scheme, because they obviously are not.
    If he wants to recruit what he needs for next year- then YES he needs to be playing for this season .... and we didn't hire him to run an air raid - we hired him to win.... Cooter - I get what you are saying about more than one season, but next year opponents will watch THIS years film and they need to understand that he won't always drop back on 3rd and 3 or he will def run the ball if you only rush 3 with a soft defensive backfield .... in other words he needs to project an element of we can and will run on your ass if needed
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    So you're saying we're still setting records on offense*****
    KJ must have circled Kevin Fant's 21 INTs in 2003 and figured, "What the hell, lets do it!"
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Cooter is right though, you people who want to change the new scheme mid season need to let it go. The lsu game spoiled us and it was probably the worst thing that could have happened. We had a month to practice a new scheme with new coaches and we are who we thought we would be. We don't need to be flip flopping around. Leach is going to run his system point blank, you can either ride with him or without him. We will run the air raid and the plays are there to be made we just aren't making them right now. We need to continue to practice and we have to start executing. We are going through a learning curve which has only been made worse by corona limiting practice. Yes, he was hired to win games and might I include install some toughness and discipline back into the program. But, he has ran the air raid for what, 30 years? He ain't changing now....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Cooter is right though, you people who want to change the new scheme mid season need to let it go. The lsu game spoiled us and it was probably the worst thing that could have happened. We had a month to practice a new scheme with new coaches and we are who we thought we would be. We don't need to be flip flopping around. Leach is going to run his system point blank, you can either ride with him or without him. We will run the air raid and the plays are there to be made we just aren't making them right now. We need to continue to practice and we have to start executing. We are going through a learning curve which has only been made worse by corona limiting practice. Yes, he was hired to win games and might I include install some toughness and discipline back into the program. But, he has ran the air raid for what, 30 years? He ain't changing now....
    I haven't seen anywone ask for a new scheme. Just a couple of more running plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    KJ must have circled Kevin Fant's 21 INTs in 2003 and figured, "What the hell, lets do it!"
    He's on track to destroy that record.

I said early in the year that the most Mississippi State thing ever would be for us to hire Leach and get KJ... and the season gets canceled because of Covid. I was wrong... the MOST Mississippi State thing ever is getting Leach and KJ and having them suck monkey dongs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Well the only thing the LSU game did was show us that the scheme can work really well against man coverage. Unfortunately we will never see that again for the rest of the year and, so far, we haven't even seen a shred of evidence that the scheme will work in the SEC against a big zone. We have one TD catch in the last 2 games and that was essentially on a broken play where Payton made a heck of a catch. Right now I'm pretty hopeless on this because we've seen 2 weeks of zone and we looked even worse in the 2nd week than we did in the 1st which tells me we have NO adjustments to make other than just to stick with the line that "we have to execute better".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He may break it this week!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We have some highly rated offensive linemen that can’t make this work right now and that is the scariest part. If Charles Cross and Dolla Bill can’t block these guys, who are we going to recruit that can block them? If his hand picked quarterback is out there seeing ghosts, who is going to be able to run it? This is not a normal year, so obviously some of this is understandable but we look awful at positions that have not been looking awful in scrimmages or practice. The biggest reason Leach needed 3 years elsewhere was talent. It doesn’t take that much talent at receiver to get where you are supposed to get against a prevent defense. It does not take that much talent to block 3 people with 5 guys.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-12-2020 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Both those guys never started or played before this year. Cross has been solid. Dolla wasn't nearly as highly rated as Cross.
    Hand picked? It was him or a Freshman. And Leach generally doesn't play Freshmen QBs. Our others didn't fit the scheme. You're dead ass wrong about the receivers. They've never seen zone like this. This ain't cover 2. And our talent just isn't top shelf there either.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-12-2020 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    We've been good on defense the past couple years and are good now because they were well coached. Our receivers have been poorly coached for what seems like forever. They didn't have a spring to learn better route running or catch passed. We should have expected this. Ole miss was well coached on offense and not defense. Same remains this year.
    This year might as well be a wash. I'd rather run his system and let these guys get experience than plug in a qb who is never going to play in this offense, it seems, and waste Rodgers developing faster. I'm all for adding a few run plays but the thing about that is when you add a couple, they know it's either going to be this or that. Hopefully Leach throws in some surprises but for long term it's better to just keep doing what we're doing and letting these guys learn and get experience and then add some more schemes this fall because if we learned one thing from Joe is these guys need simplicity.

vCash
    I wonder if KJ has an undisclosed ankle injury..... I've noticed he's missing high on all of his passes. Typically happens with ankle sprains and qb's trying to compensate the throw when they can't follow through like normal. Just a thought.