Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepare thy self

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Sort of tangential ... but did a single person, a college football player nonetheless, really have that much influence over the flag decision? I wouldn't think so, but maybe they have more power than I think.
    You're right and I agree with you. But the media gave Kylin the credit- honestly too much because it more than just him. And I thought the flag should be changed so I'm not one of those people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kylin is a different kid just like Leach is a different dude. They rub some the wrong way. Both want to win.
    I don't mind Kylin being different but he taps out way to often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The difference is none of our baseball players tried to get the flag changed publicly. Kicking Kylin off the team is bad PR even if it is the right thing to do.
    If it turns out that Leach is kicking Kylin off the team, I don't think it would have had anything to do with the flag thing. I seriously doubt that Leach could have cared less about the flag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If it turns out that Leach is kicking Kylin off the team, I don't think it would have had anything to do with the flag thing. I seriously doubt that Leach could have cared less about the flag.
    It wouldn't but that's not how the media does things. They make up shit and blow it out of proportion. See Shannon Sharpe comparing Leach's tweet with the noose to Emmitt Till's lynching.

vCash
    Again, let's pump the brakes on criticizing Kylin and speculating on his future in the program without any direct evidence.

This is a guy who has complained on Twitter about online fans not liking him even though he [feels that he] hasn't done anything wrong, and I see his point.

vCash
    You're right and I agree with you. But the media gave Kylin the credit- honestly too much because it more than just him. And I thought the flag should be changed so I'm not one of those people.
    I don't live there any longer so don't get a vote, but yeah, the flag had long outlived its usefulness, so it needed to be changed for the good of the state.

vCash
    Let me put it this way, if a coach is going to call out players, said coach best be leading by example himself.
    I have no knowledge of what's going on.

But I can say one of my biggest fears in the Leach hire was that he wasn't going to put in the time the others head coaches do. His trips are legendary which isn't a good thing. That was probably my biggest fear. I think the offense can work. But I had great concern over his ability to put in the hours and months necessary to compete in the SEC

vCash
    This would be a bit odd because all the media interviews have been positive - are they just making the pro-leach guys available?

vCash
    It wouldn't but that's not how the media does things. They make up shit and blow it out of proportion. See Shannon Sharpe comparing Leach's tweet with the noose to Emmitt Till's lynching.
    That's certainly true, and it's not limited to the local level there. Just look at nationwide now.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I also want to make it clear that I am 100 % unhappy with Leach so far, but he has Cohen by the balls. Cohen can’t can survive firing him right now. There will be a complete upheaval by the fanbase after the Moorhead debacle.

vCash
    Coming to Jesus meeting. And not just for the players. Lots of complaints about the staff too. Players and staff at odds about a lot of stuff. I would take the over on the 10-15 players leaving. Leach is a different dude. Some of the things he does isn't normal and it's causing problems. Staff and player communication problems. It's not what you want to hear.
    My only fear is because of the political environment in the country, JC may not back Leach up. But Leach knows what he's doing and if they don't want to be here, then bye.

If they go to Bama, they do it Saban's way or they gone, but there are also 3 classes of players ahead of them telling them that. Here ... we have 3 classes of players that were destroyed by JoMo. JoMo taught them this was a democracy and it ain't. Players' input is fine but that don't make it democratic.

I'm sure Leach ain't doing a whole lot different than what he did at WSU. Those players could handle it.

And all his coaches for the most part followed him so if they had wanted out then was the time to do it. My guess is we got a couple of "star" bad apples that are leading some younger players astray with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I also want to make it clear that I am 100 % unhappy with Leach so far, but he has Cohen by the balls. Cohen can’t can survive firing him right now. There will be a complete upheaval by the fanbase after the Moorhead debacle.
    That's not even on the table. There's a 0% chance Leach is fired any earlier than December 2021 (and even that's far-fetched), barring some kind of scandal.

vCash
    Nobody is going to fire Leach or Cohen.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    My only fear is because of the political environment in the country, JC may not back Leach up. But Leach knows what he's doing and if they don't want to be here, then bye.
    Stop. John Cohen is the only Power 5 AD who has ever believed in Leach in the last decade (other than the WSU guy). He will have Leach's back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Again, let's pump the brakes on criticizing Kylin and speculating on his future in the program without any direct evidence.

This is a guy who has complained on Twitter about online fans not liking him even though he [feels that he] hasn't done anything wrong, and I see his point.
    All the direct evidence you need is on the field. He wants the attention and lives for it. Negative or positive. I dont know him personally but I know enough people who do and they all say the same. Leach hit the nail on the head. You can always tell when that happens. If the shoe fits wear it

vCash
    We talking about 10-15 players just opting out for the rest of the year and quitting?

If they need to get going, let them go. Culture was absolutely s**t when Leach got here. If this is part of fixing it, so be it and we’ll be better for it in the long haul. I’m tired of athletes getting coddled like babies.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Kylin is not getting kicked off the team.

vCash
    I think from a fan perspective this is being way over-thought

vCash
    Deleted
    Last edited by Maroonbulldog; 10-11-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Deleting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    All the direct evidence you need is on the field. He wants the attention and lives for it. Negative or positive. I dont know him personally but I know enough people who do and they all say the same. Leach hit the nail on the head. You can always tell when that happens. If the shoe fits wear it
    What are your thoughts Bucky? I know you know some players