Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepare thy self

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kylin is not getting kicked off the team.
    Nobody with any sense thinks that or wants that. I for one just want to see him lay it all out there and not tap his helmet and act like a drama queen. We are talking about a kid who has been taken to the locker room multiple times over the past 2 and a half years with an apparent injury only to come back out very quickly and be fine, only to tap out again.

Either he has a legitimate problem that is the worlds best kept secret, or there is another type of problem that needs to be addressed. He is not he only one. We are going to be ok. Leach is proven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    What are your thoughts Bucky? I know you know some players
    I think there are some on the team who had seen enough from transfer QBs already and dont want to go through that again. 2 has worked with the WRs more than anyone on campus and is ready to do it. The 2 weeks off is going to hold him back a little but he will be fine. He is ready to go mentally.

Lets not act like the world is ending. If we finish some red zone possessions we are 2-1 probably 3-0. But you can always tell who the riff raff are when things get hard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Yea, Jomo Tried to coddle them. Blew up in his face.

These days if you don't kiss a 20 year old's ass you get canceled quick. Will be interesting to see what transpires.
    I got nieces like this. One is now disowning her Mom for being a Trump supporter after she sent my niece to a NE liberal ass college (which she graduated from) that cost $30K a semester ... and her Mom almost went bankrupt doing it. All because that's where my niece wanted to go. And now she's disowning her Mom cause she ain't voting the way my niece thinks she should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I think from a fan perspective this is being way over-thought
    Yes, probably. There's no reason to believe that Cohen and Leach are at odds. Maybe both of them are reminding some of the players they need to concentrate a little harder. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    That's not even on the table. There's a 0% chance Leach is fired any earlier than December 2021 (and even that's far-fetched), barring some kind of scandal.
    I agree with you.

vCash
    I tried to hint it earlier, but no one wanted to believe me. It ain’t just KH, but he is a huge problem. Dude thinks he is gods gift to football. Go back and
    Look after each carry he got or catch he made. It wasn't himself or his team he was yelling or trying to hype up.***

Like I said, go back and watch the game. There is someone else that you need to pay attention to and he has been the main reason this offense ain’t working.

Leach’s stuff works if you have someone making decent decisions and not literally GIVING the ball tp the defense... I mean dude is literally giving the ball to the defense.

On another note, Arnet has been amazing!! The plays his defense has been on the field and the extra possessions he has had to fight, dude is a stud and has the guys rolling...

vCash
    This will be my last comment on 8. Nick Fitzgerald took more crap on here and from our students and fans for all types of junk. On and off the field, but he never once, ever tapped out. If he had done what Kylin has done there would be a thread on here still going today about how much we hated him. Fitz also would have never slid on 3rd down and he would have never thrown it past the LOS but thats a different deal. My point is, if you are gonna be the guy on twitter you'd better be the guy on Sat. I can live with getting beat, I can swallow not executing sometimes, but I cant live with tapping out and on top of that coming back in and running your mouth on twitter about how focused you are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I tried to hint it earlier, but no one wanted to believe me. It ain’t just KH, but he is a huge problem. Dude thinks he is gods gift to football. Go back and
    Look after each carry he got or catch he made. It wasn't himself or his team he was yelling or trying to hype up.***

Like I said, go back and watch the game. There is someone else that you need to pay attention to and he has been the main reason this offense ain’t working.

Leach’s stuff works if you have someone making decent decisions and not literally GIVING the ball tp the defense... I mean dude is literally giving the ball to the defense.

On another note, Arnet has been amazing!! The plays his defense has been on the field and the extra possessions he has had to fight, dude is a stud and has the guys rolling...
    Mitchell's attitude has also been piss poor. The effort he gave on that pass from Rogers was ridiculous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think there are some on the team who had seen enough from transfer QBs already and dont want to go through that again. 2 has worked with the WRs more than anyone on campus and is ready to do it. The 2 weeks off is going to hold him back a little but he will be fine. He is ready to go mentally.

Lets not act like the world is ending. If we finish some red zone possessions we are 2-1 probably 3-0. But you can always tell who the riff raff are when things get hard

I've heard the same on 2 putting in the extra work. Kid works hard.

vCash
    Who says its KH. He has always taken plays off since he has been here. If there are any problems to me it would be between Costello and the receivers. 2 guys right off the bat who come to mind are not even trying the last 2 games and it looks like KJ doesn't even look for them sometimes. KH might be pissed because he isn't getting the carries but at least he gives it when he is out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I got nieces like this. One is now disowning her Mom for being a Trump supporter after she sent my niece to a NE liberal ass college (which she graduated from) that cost $30K a semester ... and her Mom almost went bankrupt doing it. All because that's where my niece wanted to go. And now she's disowning her Mom cause she ain't voting the way my niece thinks she should.
    I've seen that before, many years ago. One of my coworkers had a really smart kid, and he literally mortgaged the house to send him to Yale. He got a degree in some area of liberal arts (foreign studies or some such), went to grad school at Brown, and dad did indeed have to declare bankruptcy. So, with two Ivy degrees, the kid joins the Peace Corp with virtually no pay. I realize that college isn't necessarily trade school, but my goodness, the kid needs to be able to at least provide for himself after graduation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I've heard the same on 2 putting in the extra work. Kid works hard.
    And hasn't he also been sick the past couple of weeks (or at least quarantined)? I thought he looked pretty good last night given the situation.

vCash
    Please stop with the fire Leach talk, that?s just lunacy.

If you want to talk about forcing him to incorporate some actual run plays, that is at least possible. Maybe 1% possible, but at least possible.

We aren?t cutting a 20 million dollar check.

vCash
    When can we expect to see or hear something more on this stuff?

Cooter, you’ve built this thing up to where it sounds like a huge deal and if it’s as big of a deal as it sounds, it’s gotta be too big of a thing to keep wraps on it for long. Something concrete is bound to come out sooner than later if it involves issues with players and coaches having some serious friction.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I've seen that before, many years ago. One of my coworkers had a really smart kid, and he literally mortgaged the house to send him to Yale. He got a degree in some area of liberal arts (foreign studies or some such), went to grad school at Brown, and dad did indeed have to declare bankruptcy. So, with two Ivy degrees, the kid joins the Peace Corp with virtually no pay. I realize that college isn't necessarily trade school, but my goodness, the kid needs to be able to at least provide for himself after graduation.
    It’s got to be something with kids graduating college/high school right now. I have a cousin who text me asking me how many hrs a day and how many days a wk I worked. He is pissed off cause I work 8 and 5 (I’m am mid 30s and started from the bottom in a warehouse and now in maint) and he just got his first job and is having to work 12-6... I told him be thankful he has a job.

Then another girl that just got hired in the lab literally the day she graduated last yr from State, is pissy cause people
    Who have been with company 20 yrs and no degree makes more than her. So she went to the manager and demanded she be put on a short track for management. The boss looked at her and said maybe you should find somewhere else to be in management cause we promote from within.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Who says its KH. He has always taken plays off since he has been here. If there are any problems to me it would be between Costello and the receivers. 2 guys right off the bat who come to mind are not even trying the last 2 games and it looks like KJ doesn't even look for them sometimes. KH might be pissed because he isn't getting the carries but at least he gives it when he is out there.
    See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't get it and yesterday didn't look bought in. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

He's not a grinder. He's not gritty. He plays pretty. He likes to look good. And Leach doesn't like that. Leach likes 2 extra yards, not someone trying to dance all over the place. He doesn't look like he's bought in. It was easy for him 2 weeks ago. Got a little harder and he didn't do what was necessary for the Leach offense.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 10-11-2020 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    I think Cooter has handled it really well on how he reported this, and then a few throw certain name(s) out there and assume (ass u me) it is a certain player. Some need to remember there are some who read this board that don't have MSU's best interest in mind too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Mitchell's attitude has also been piss poor. The effort he gave on that pass from Rogers was ridiculous
    It should have been a TD, but just one player not giving up and wanting the ball more it seemed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't give it. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

He's not a grinder. He's not gritty. He plays pretty. He likes to look good. And Leach doesn't like that. Leach likes 2 extra yards, not someone trying to dance all over the place. He doesn't look like he's bought in. It was easy for him 2 weeks ago. Got a little harder and he didn't do what was necessary for the Leach offense.
    I've said since 2018 he ain't an NFL back and nothing has changed my mind. He did finally block ok in LSU game this year tho.

vCash
    Anytime one unit is performing so poorly there's going to be issues. Then you have Leach who is in charge of that unit and he is unwilling to change.