Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepare thy self

vCash
    Well, it sure seems like nothing but innuendo re Kylin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't get it and yesterday didn't look bought in. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

He's not a grinder. He's not gritty. He plays pretty. He likes to look good. And Leach doesn't like that. Leach likes 2 extra yards, not someone trying to dance all over the place. He doesn't look like he's bought in. It was easy for him 2 weeks ago. Got a little harder and he didn't do what was necessary for the Leach offense.
    For a minute there I thought you were talking about #4. However there is something going on between KJ and a couple of the receivers. And #5 needs to put out a helluva lot more effort if he ever wants to play int the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't get it and yesterday didn't look bought in. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

He's not a grinder. He's not gritty. He plays pretty. He likes to look good. And Leach doesn't like that. Leach likes 2 extra yards, not someone trying to dance all over the place. He doesn't look like he's bought in. It was easy for him 2 weeks ago. Got a little harder and he didn't do what was necessary for the Leach offense.
    I despise the whole idea of dancing ass running backs.

Did you watch the Auburn game? If Josh Robinson was the bowling ball, Tank Williams is the pinball. You hit him, he bounces right off and keeps on going. He doesn't run you over, he just makes you look stupid on the field.

I wish we had a guy like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Anytime one unit is performing so poorly there's going to be issues. Then you have Leach who is in charge of that unit and he is unwilling to change.
    Until they execute what Leach tells them to execute Leach don't need to change. You gonna tell Saban to change after 3 games if ain't working?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I despise the whole idea of dancing ass running backs.

Did you watch the Auburn game? If Josh Robinson was the bowling ball, Tank Williams is the pinball. You hit him, he bounces right off and keeps on going. He doesn't run you over, he just makes you look stupid on the field.

I wish we had a guy like him.
    Or Najee Harris.

If I remember correctly, didn't Boobie have a tendency to dance around a little?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think Cooter has handled it really well on how he reported this, and then a few throw certain name(s) out there and assume (ass u me) it is a certain player. Some need to remember there are some who read this board that don't have MSU's best interest in mind too.
    well what do you expect to happen when someone does the "well I heard this but I ain't mentioning any names but..." then doesn't disagree if someone else guesses wrong. This cryptic shit gets so tiring. Have the balls to mention names or STFU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I'm guessing the players got used to "uncle Joe" kissing their butt and ain't happy with leach cracking the whip.
    That won't work actually anywhere, but especially in the South and the SEC. It will come back to bite those coaches in the butt. As it did. It didn't work for OM back when some of those prima donnas were basically running the OM football program. Arguing and telling coaches what they were going to do and not do.

vCash
    One thing I have heard this year, that I have never heard before, is a player calling his coach by his last name at a media press conference or interview. and not Coach or Coach Whoever. That may be a California thing but it sure seems to be very disrespectful to your coach in my opinion.

vCash
    One thing I have heard this year, that I have never heard before, is a player calling his coach by his last name at a media press conference or interview. and not Coach or Coach Whoever. That may be a California thing but it sure seems to be very disrespectful to your coach in my opinion.
    Who did that? Costello?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Who did that? Costello?
    Yes.

vCash
    That won't work actually anywhere, but especially in the South and the SEC. It will come back to bite those coaches in the butt. As it did. It didn't work for OM back when some of those prima donnas were basically running the OM football program. Arguing and telling coaches what they were going to do and not do.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Or Najee Harris.

If I remember correctly, didn't Boobie have a tendency to dance around a little?
    A little, but he would lay a shoulder. And don't forget his egg bowl leap

As far as Najee Harriss, I think they inject him with horse testosterone before every game.

vCash
    Talked to a former player who played under Bellard. He basically said Leach should never put up with the players crap and he needs to crack the whip.

vCash
    I've also thought it was strange, but assumed Coach Leach must be OK with it, or it would be corrected immediately. I've seen 4 or 5 interviews where KJ just calls him "Leach."

I remember (either from his book or just from interviews) that Leach is big on discipline, but on stuff that he thinks matters, not necessarily what others think matters. Like he doesn't care what players do with their hair or beards and doesn't use that as punishment. Perhaps calling him "Leach" is something that doesn't bother him?

vCash
    I still see the Mitchell thing different than some of y’all. The defensive player had a stronger position relative to the ball to me and those pass are generally thrown up high so the wr doesn’t have to reach around the body of the defender to get it. It’s hard me to look at that play and call it total lack of effort

vCash
    Yes, I thought that was very strange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Yes, I thought that was very strange.
    When I was in professional school on the West Coast in Seattle my teacher told me not to call her ma'am or Mrs. because it was disrespectful and was like calling her an old woman. So I think it's a west coast thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I still see the Mitchell thing different than some of y’all. The defensive player had a stronger position relative to the ball to me and those pass are generally thrown up high so the wr doesn’t have to reach around the body of the defender to get it. It’s hard me to look at that play and call it total lack of effort
    A lot of QB's are taught to throw the ball low if the receiver is at the front of the goal line. Osiris should have never lost that ball whether it was thrown high or low.

vCash
    After reading 5 pages of code I've pretty much come up with the conclusion that: 1) players need to stfu and do what their coach tells them because he was hired to be in charge and run the show(and out of respect because he is the coach) 2) if players don't stfu and give 100% they can hit the damn road and start playing the players who have guts and will play all out for Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    When I was in professional school on the West Coast in Seattle my teacher told me not to call her ma'am or Mrs. because it was disrespectful and was like calling her an old woman. So I think it's a west coast thing.
    There was a 4-star testifying before Congress a few years ago (the Senate, I think), and the general referred to the female senator who was questioning him as "ma'am". She jumped his butt right there - told him to call her "Senator". I thought that was really poor behavior on her part. I think she was from California, may have been Feinstein. He was just being courteous. I'm sure he would call the male senators "sir".