Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Prepare thy self

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is the proper perspective. Ain't gonna fix what JoMo tore up overnight.
    Based on some stuff I've heard Joe was as tough as whip cream on the players. They could do just about anything they wanted to. There was zero responsibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    So players should say F the coach? If the coach is not doing his job, then fire him with cause. Is he not doing his job?
    I think the coaches need to do their jobs and show up when a meeting or practice is scheduled. I think there's a complete breakdown in communication. And yes, some kids need to get right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Based on some stuff I've heard Joe was as tough as whip cream on the players. They could do just about anything they wanted to. There was zero responsibility.
    I mean- Joe took them to a water park. Could you see Saban ever doing that?

vCash
    I've heard the same. I was patient with Joe but the things I heard before the Tennessee game last year, how we played in that game and then what happened after that game told me it was all over. And then of course his wonderful pc after the Egg and then the crap show that was our bowl game prep and bowl game. I mean not only did the wheels come off, the car was in flames and all occupants were doa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think there are some on the team who had seen enough from transfer QBs already and dont want to go through that again. 2 has worked with the WRs more than anyone on campus and is ready to do it. The 2 weeks off is going to hold him back a little but he will be fine. He is ready to go mentally.

Lets not act like the world is ending. If we finish some red zone possessions we are 2-1 probably 3-0. But you can always tell who the riff raff are when things get hard
    Thanks - very helpful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think the coaches need to do their jobs and show up when a meeting or practice is scheduled. I think there's a complete breakdown in communication. And yes, some kids need to get right.
    Gotcha. This is very disheartening if our coaches are not fulfilling their duties. Being on time for your job is one of those duties, in my opinion. That sets a terrible tone for your players.

vCash
    Yep, including not taking their own tests in online classes. Some folks wanted to give JoMo a pass on that but it spoke volumes to me as a huge "culture problem". You can have 1 or 2 bad apples but 10 made it clear it was systemic. Also, the water park trip made me raise an eyebrow as well as no longer going out on the farm as Mullen had done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    ..... Also, the water park trip made me raise an eyebrow as well as no longer going out on the farm as Mullen had done.
    The people's eyebrow?
    <image deleted. it was so large that it was disturbing but you can guess what it was>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    One thing I have heard this year, that I have never heard before, is a player calling his coach by his last name at a media press conference or interview. and not Coach or Coach Whoever. That may be a California thing but it sure seems to be very disrespectful to your coach in my opinion.
    I noticed that too when KJ spoke about Leach

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I have to wonder if the coaches are doing the not showing up on time on purpose. I can remember in basic training standing at parade rest in formation waiting on our drill SGT’s for hours at a time and they did it for a reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean- Joe took them to a water park. Could you see Saban ever doing that?
    He does do stuff like that. Take them to his lake house and such.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I have to wonder if the coaches are doing the not showing up on time on purpose. I can remember in basic training standing at parade rest in formation waiting on our drill SGT’s for hours at a time and they did it for a reason.
    Sure makes me wonder. If it just started I'm on your side, but if it's been like this from the beginning, I'm not so sure. If it's not on purpose, how in the heck do coaches of all people not show up on time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    He does do stuff like that. Take them to his lake house and such.
    Only recruits..... not once they're on the team. Similar to Mullen bringing the recruits to his house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Only recruits..... not once they're on the team. Similar to Mullen bringing the recruits to his house.
    No, he has done it for the whole team. A couple of times a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    No, he has done it for the whole team. A couple of times a year.
    I guarantee the whole team doesn't go to his lake house a couple times a year..... guarantee

vCash
    Certainly not in the middle of fall camp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    He takes them to his lake house and boat riding when they check in just before the start of fall camp. All players. At least that's what I remember from Rolling with the Tide - Training Days.

vCash
    I think some (a lot) of you guys are digging way further than you have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He takes them to his lake house and boat riding when they check in just before the start of fall camp. All players. At least that's what I remember from Rolling with the Tide - Training Days.
    Yep.

They don't all go the same day. But it happens.

vCash
    Good lord reading some of the posts from a couple of people on here, why should we even take the damn field next Saturday? "Leach sucks, I'm over this experiment, it'll never work etc.". We just hired the most successful coach that we have had before coming to MSU since Jackie and we have people wanting him gone 3 games in. Can the man at least try to build his ****ing program before we kick him to the curb?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.