Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepare thy self

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Just spill it. It's not like this weekend could get any worse for me.
    For real. You could tell me Davis Wade Stadium was on fire right now and I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Coming to Jesus meeting. And not just for the players. Lots of complaints about the staff too. Players and staff at odds about a lot of stuff. I would take the over on the 10-15 players leaving. Leach is a different dude. Some of the things he does isn't normal and it's causing problems. Staff and player communication problems. It's not what you want to hear.
    I'll say it again- this is TWO staffs now those mother ****ers have had problems with. I'm guessing it's not the coaches most likely based on the evidence.

vCash
    Coming to Jesus meeting. And not just for the players. Lots of complaints about the staff too. Players and staff at odds about a lot of stuff. I would take the over on the 10-15 players leaving. Leach is a different dude. Some of the things he does isn't normal and it's causing problems. Staff and player communication problems. It's not what you want to hear.
    Needs to happen IF we’re in it with Leach for the long haul...and at this point we should be. Leach doesn’t coddle and a lot of today’s athletes feed like they’re getting personally persecuted when they don’t get coddled. Is what it is. I trust a proven winner more than a 21 yr old who’s head has been filled with non sense for their entire athletic life...add 10 fold to that over the last several months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'll say it again- this is TWO staffs now those mother ****ers have had problems with. I'm guessing it's not the coaches most likely based on the evidence.
    Yeah I'm guessing the players got used to "uncle Joe" kissing their butt and ain't happy with leach cracking the whip.

vCash
    Yea, Jomo Tried to coddle them. Blew up in his face.

These days if you don't kiss a 20 year old's ass you get canceled quick. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

vCash
    If I had all the specifics, I'd tell it. I just know we got a big ass divide between coaches and players. We'll see where it ends up. I don't want to get into the rumors because that wouldn't be fair. I will say this, the players aren't all wrong.

vCash
    After what Cohen went through as the baseball coach I can't see him not letting Leach kick players off the team. If Hill is one of them I can understand why Cohen would be resistant though.
    Maybe Cohen didn't like the "purge" comments at the press conference (since he no doubt had not been consulted prior) and had a little talk with Leach.

vCash
    If I had all the specifics, I'd tell it. I just know we got a big ass divide between coaches and players. We'll see where it ends up. I don't want to get into the rumors because that wouldn't be fair. I will say this, the players aren't all wrong.
    Specifically between the Offensive players and coaches or all around bc the D players look bought in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Needs to happen IF we’re in it with Leach for the long haul...and at this point we should be. Leach doesn’t coddle and a lot of today’s athletes feed like they’re getting personally persecuted when they don’t get coddled. Is what it is. I trust a proven winner more than a 21 yr old who’s head has been filled with non sense for their entire athletic life...add 10 fold to that over the last several months.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Maybe Cohen didn't like the "purge" comments at the press conference (since he no doubt had not been consulted prior) and had a little talk with Leach.
    I remember Cohen publicly calling out his players on post game radio shows his first couple of years as coach in Starkville. He did not call them by name, but he addressed it because he was frustrated how bad we were.

vCash
    You don’t want to “get into the rumors,” yet you started the thread based on these rumors.....

I get it, and I’m still pissed about all the things right now, but shit.

vCash
    I will say this, the players aren't all wrong

Wrong or not, you can’t let the players run the program. If you do you might as well shut it down.

vCash
    I'm guessing a certain player that had a role in changing the state flag may be involved.
    Sort of tangential ... but did a single person, a college football player nonetheless, really have that much influence over the flag decision? I wouldn't think so, but maybe they have more power than I think.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Yea if Cohen does anything with Leach he will be fired. The only thing that will happen is players will leave. Anything else will result in Cohen being fired.

vCash
    Let me put it this way, if a coach is going to call out players, said coach best be leading by example himself.

vCash
    Can someone please explain to me what Kylin has done for everyone to assume he?s a bad apple? I mean, I don?t recall him ever getting into with a coach and he played hard last year. This year, he was lights out against LSU and struggled against Kentucky. Sounds like some don?t like his social media but I don?t follow college kids I don?t know so can?t comment there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    I remember Cohen publicly calling out his players on post game radio shows his first couple of years as coach in Starkville. He did not call them by name, but he addressed it because he was frustrated how bad we were.
    The difference is none of our baseball players tried to get the flag changed publicly. Kicking Kylin off the team is bad PR even if it is the right thing to do.

vCash
    Let me put it this way, if a coach is going to call out players, said coach best be leading by example himself.
    Still to cryptic.

You talking bout CML?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    I didn't really see anything wrong with Leach's comments on purging. There was less than 100% effort on at least one of the offensive players last night, and maybe the week before, if that's what it turns out to be.

vCash
    Kylin is a different kid just like Leach is a different dude. They rub some the wrong way. Both want to win.