Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USA today article just smashed Leach said he threw the players under the bus when...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Right. Heck kj threw a pass on third and five when he was 3 yards over the line of scrimmage and could've run for a first down. That's a guy that's out of it mentally. He's confused bad.
    It's insane how much he has fallen in two weeks. I've never seen anything like it. The potential is clearly there. And our offense is supposed to be really easy to learn. So it's not too complex or it shouldn't be for someone that went to Stanford. And like I've said before Leach's system is so QB driven where the QB is making the call that if he is confused or doesn't know where people are going it's dead in the water.

vCash
    Right. Heck kj threw a pass on third and five when he was 3 yards over the line of scrimmage and could've run for a first down. That's a guy that's out of it mentally. He's confused bad.
    That's not something you see out of a senior QB every day. I guess he had no idea where he was on the field, but he could have easily made the first down. Maybe Leach doesn't want the quarterbacks running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That's not something you see out of a senior QB every day. I guess he had no idea where he was on the field, but he could have easily made the first down. Maybe Leach doesn't want the quarterbacks running.
    Logically speaking here- why would Leach who doesn't care about anything care if the QB runs for a first down on a scramble or not?

I think he was taught to throw the ball if someone is open and when he was scrambling he lost where he was on the field and instead of getting the first down he threw it to a wide open receiver that he caught a glimpse of. It's lack of awareness on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He didn't throw the players under the bus. He called attention to some that aren't doing what's necessary. Before he said it, he said the coaches have to do better too. The media is garbage.
    Joe Moorhead was a terrible leader. He didn't have the balls to get on the players asses or hold them to a necessary standard. He cultivated a terrible culture within our program. It's still seeping into it a little. And we fans have screamed fire people and belittled kids too much too.
    This may or ma not work out. But we've reached a point we've got to let it play out instead of constantly demanding change. It's one thing to vent during and right after the games (I do it), it's another to want to burn it all down.
    Agree with all this and is exactly how I feel. Great post.

vCash
    His field awareness the last two games has been awful. He's playing like the true freshman not a grad transfer w/ plenty of experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    His field awareness the last two games has been awful. He's playing like the true freshman not a grad transfer w/ plenty of experience.
    Yeah he looks completely lost the last 2 weeks. Its astounding how terrible he's been. I mean his play has been beyond putrid.

Leach said it in his pc that part of the problem is our qbs aren't in the right place.

vCash
    He didn't throw the players under the bus. He called attention to some that aren't doing what's necessary. Before he said it, he said the coaches have to do better too. The media is garbage.
    Yeah he looks completely lost the last 2 weeks. Its astounding how terrible he's been. I mean his play has been beyond putrid.

Leach said it in his pc that part of the problem is our qbs aren't in the right place.
    Pretty sure your talking about his eyes, and yes I assume he's talking about not seeing the open receivers or not seeing where they are going to come open and hitting them on time.

Edit: not sure why it added cooters post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Pretty sure your talking about his eyes, and yes I assume he's talking about not seeing the open receivers or not seeing where they are going to come open and hitting them on time.

Edit: not sure why it added cooters post
    Yeah he's just not seeing the field or showing any field awareness at all.