Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA today article just smashed Leach said he threw the players under the bus when...

vCash
    I was 100% behind the hire of leach. I wanna believe. Leach, you will see this same defense for 3rd straight week. Show me you can do something, anything vs this defense! I wanna believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Mullen. They were not at all shy about their political leanings. (Which is why I completely disagree that people are after Leach because of his politics)
    I haven't gone to FEC.gov to research this, but I think it's safe to say a majority P5 coaches are conservative. So the fact that Leach is too isn't going to single him out for anything.

vCash
    And there are a ton of trolls on all the State boards. More than I've ever seen. They're starting up the fire everybody stuff in many cases. Have a little common sense. And yes, Horka is a fool. I think he's a Texas fan, so that would explain a lot.

vCash
    I don't know if Leach is the answer or not. What I do know is you can't tell anything about his future here after 3 games. I do see better effort, guys in better shape, and a much improved defense. We've been extremely sloppy on offense and had like 6 empty red zone trips and 2 pick 6s and another int that was practically a pick 6 over the last 2 weeks. Just take away the turnovers(and yea I know you can't) and we're 3-0. Lot of things that can be corrected, let's give him a chance to see if he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was 100% behind the hire of leach. I wanna believe. Leach, you will see this same defense for 3rd straight week. Show me you can do something, anything vs this defense! I wanna believe
    I see us beating Vandy and maybe...maybe...Mizzou. That's it. I think the A&M game will be a repeat of the last two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And there are a ton of trolls on all the State boards. More than I've ever seen. They're starting up the fire everybody stuff in many cases. Have a little common sense. And yes, Horka is a fool. I think he's a Texas fan, so that would explain a lot.
    Then he should be on the fire Tom Herman bandwagon 😂, and yes that does explain a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yawn. Most coaches are conservative. It's not like Leach is Tweeting photos of his wife and "MAGA" signs like a certain former coach we (including me) all liked.
    You do know Mike Leach got on stage with Trump in a rally before the 2016 election right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I see us beating Vandy and maybe...maybe...Mizzou. That's it. I think the A&M game will be a repeat of the last two.
    I don't expect to win this week. I can live with losing to a better team. I do want and EXPECT us to look better offensively though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    You do know Mike Leach got on stage with Trump in a rally before the 2016 election right?
    Yes, I have by far the biggest Mike Leach fanboy on the MSU message board scene for the last decade plus.

vCash
    Joe Moorhead was a terrible leader. He didn't have the balls to get on the players asses or hold them to a necessary standard. He cultivated a terrible culture within our program. It's still seeping into it a little. And we fans have screamed fire people and belittled kids too much too.
    This may or ma not work out. But we've reached a point we've got to let it play out instead of constantly demanding change. It's one thing to vent during and right after the games (I do it), it's another to want to burn it all down.
    Might as well just get behind this hire and hope that it works itself out. We did a VERY non-MSU thing and pulled the trigger on a guy after 2 years even though he had a winning record. While I absolutely believe it was the right move, we have now paid off Morehead and have a coach in place with roughly a 20 million dollar contract (4 years @ 5mil). We used up our quick trigger on JoMo so Leach isn't going anywhere anytime soon. We better support him and the players as best we know how and keep our fingers crossed that he will get it fixed. I don't really see that we have an alternative and any other attitude is just cutting our nose off to spite our face.

vCash
    I'll say this about our players. They've played for three coaching staffs in some cases. I've seen a lot of the same shit from some of them no matter who was coaching them. I'm getting tired of supporting it. Especially with how some of them act on social media.

Asking our players to play hard or our receivers who have been coached by three guys now who have NFL coaching experience to recognize zone vs man coverage isn't too much to ask for.

vCash
    Until we have a QB that doesn't take a week to read things and can make the correct checks, improvement won't happen. I'm almost certain KJ isn't the answer. Rogers will have his growing pains too. Need to switch out some WRs too. I've seen enough from a couple guys.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-11-2020 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    Until we have a QB that doesn't take a week to read things and can make the correct checks, improvement won't happen. I'm almost certain KJ isn't the answer. Rogers will have his growing pains too. Need to switch out some WRs too. I've seen enough from a could guys.
    Yep big difference in decisiveness between kJ and the qbs leach has had in the past. kJ either doesn't know what he's seeing, or just can't process it fast enough, either way he hesitates to much and then aims the ball when he's throwing. This offense is designed for timing and quick read by the qb, kJ ain't getting it done. Agreed on some of the wrs.

vCash
    I don't expect to win this week. I can live with losing to a better team. I do want and EXPECT us to look better offensively though
    I'm not getting my hopes up for any real improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Media has always hated Leach!
    They hate Leach and Mississippi State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    They hate Leach and Mississippi State
    Yep, its going to be bad when things aren't going well given neither Leach nor MSU has any friends in the national media.

vCash
    Until we have a QB that doesn't take a week to read things and can make the correct checks, improvement won't happen. I'm almost certain KJ isn't the answer. Rogers will have his growing pains too. Need to switch out some WRs too. I've seen enough from a couple guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep big difference in decisiveness between kJ and the qbs leach has had in the past. kJ either doesn't know what he's seeing, or just can't process it fast enough, either way he hesitates to much and then aims the ball when he's throwing. This offense is designed for timing and quick read by the qb, kJ ain't getting it done. Agreed on some of the wrs.
    KJ is one of the guys I'm talking about even though he is a Leach guy. The guy has no clue what to do against a prevent defense essentially. And we all know what they say about prevent defense preventing you from winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up for any real improvement.
    At this point we should be playing for the future. I want to see Will Rogers start. Let him and Costello compete next year for the job and see if Costello can learn the system or not. Unless Costello just wants to quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    KJ is one of the guys I'm talking about even though he is a Leach guy. The guy has no clue what to do against a prevent defense essentially. And we all know what they say about prevent defense preventing you from winning.
    Right. Heck kj threw a pass on third and five when he was 3 yards over the line of scrimmage and could've run for a first down. That's a guy that's out of it mentally. He's confused bad.

vCash
    I alway just sorta through Mullen would be a Democrat. Not sure why.
    Probably because he was from New England. I really never thought about it, but would have assumed he was a Dem had I been asked.

I'll guess most P5 head coaches lean left rather than right, but that's just a guess based perhaps on Saban.