Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First thing we need to do is switch to 2 back sets.....

vCash

First thing we need to do is switch to 2 back sets.....

That way we can have one to swing out into the pass pattern and the other can stay very deep in the backfield to defend against interception returns.

vCash
    Ain't going to happen. What you are seeing is what we are going to have till he either starts winning or is carried out of here.

vCash
    We already run two RBs. But you can't leave one to block. Defense is already outnumbering you. There's no excuse for not blocking 3.

vCash
    Guess I should have added the sarcasteriks. Thought it was implied.

vCash
    We don't need 5 OL for the piss poor job they have been doing. Put 3 OL to defend against 3 and use two more TEs or WRs or RBs or whatever.

This OL is the most disappointing thing about this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    We don't need 5 OL for the piss poor job they have been doing. Put 3 OL to defend against 3 and use two more TEs or WRs or RBs or whatever.

This OL is the most disappointing thing about this team.
    Here is one, take one OL out and add a TE. Throw to TE out if this. They will be caught way off guard. It adds another WR. Why commit to 5 OL if we are going to be different, be different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Here is one, take one OL out and add a TE. Throw to TE out if this. They will be caught way off guard. It adds another WR. Why commit to 5 OL if we are going to be different, be different.
    That doesn't add you an extra receiver. Cause you have to have 7 on the line. Only 2 can be eligible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That doesn't add you an extra receiver. Cause you have to have 7 on the line. Only 2 can be eligible
    You can line them up on the line but them do something with them in space. Putting 5 to block 3 is a waste.

vCash
    You can line them up on the line but them do something with them in space. Putting 5 to block 3 is a waste.
    But it doesn't give you and extra eligible receiver, as you stated.

vCash
    No, under the rules of the game of football, you really can't. Because if they are more than a step or two forward of the line, the five mandatory ineligible players become ineligible receivers downfield and that is a penalty.

vCash
    🤦*♀️

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    That way we can have one to swing out into the pass pattern and the other can stay very deep in the backfield to defend against interception returns.
    It's sad that I had to laugh at this post.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    It's sad that I had to laugh at this post.
    Certainly posted in jest, but when you essentially have 4 pick 6s in 3 games, you do start to wonder what we can do to help stop gifting the other team with defensive points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Certainly posted in jest, but when you essentially have 4 pick 6s in 3 games, you do start to wonder what we can do to help stop gifting the other team with defensive points.
    I'd start by not staring receivers down for one.

vCash
    Double trips formation is about the closest thing we could do to achieve more available pass catching options.

4 down lineman, trips on either side of the ball. Seen it done before and it can be effective in opening up some space by flooding the hell out of zones. Gives your zone defenders too many options to have to account for in space.

Additionally if the defense does try and blitz out of it, you now have taken an additional defender out of the picture and you've got 6 on 7 instead of a 5 on 8 situation.

vCash
    We ran one play (that I recall in a 2 back set). Washington St ran two back a few times in the game linked. Therefor I assume we haven't seen two back but once because we don't execute it well in practice or do other things better. Either way 2 back is in the Leach offense.

vCash
    We could always try the A-11. I haven't heard Leach speak on it specifically, but I feel certain he's a fan of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-11_offense

(Note I'm being like 90% sarcastic. But not 100%. I'd love to see a college team adapt this into something. Probably not us though.)

vCash
    Are y'all not getting the OP's joke or are you just determined to talk about us running two-back sets?.... (By the way, we run a lot two-back. We started both the LSU and UK games in a two-back set.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Double trips formation is about the closest thing we could do to achieve more available pass catching options.

4 down lineman, trips on either side of the ball. Seen it done before and it can be effective in opening up some space by flooding the hell out of zones. Gives your zone defenders too many options to have to account for in space.

Additionally if the defense does try and blitz out of it, you now have taken an additional defender out of the picture and you've got 6 on 7 instead of a 5 on 8 situation.
    Where have you seen trips on both sides?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

6 wide must mean no QB. Not sure that's going to work out well for you.