Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not trying to pump sunshine...

vCash

Not trying to pump sunshine...

BUT (y?all knew there had to be a ?but?), we knew this season would most likely be painful. Maybe some of the issues/malcontents took a bit to manifest. My longing Bulldog heart wants to believe it?s a painful step in the right direction.

vCash
    No reason to play KJ anymore. Get Rogers or even Shrader in and let's get to work. We need some threat of mobility at QB even if it's just within the pocket.

vCash
    Before the malcontent comment, we're were going to lose between 5-10 players after the season. I expect we could see 10+ now. You can forget about a couple recruits too.
    Everyone is just sick of this shitty program. Dan started the downward spiral staying longer than he wanted, Joe completely destroyed our work ethic and coddled kids. The kids are sick of losing like we are. And we are right back where we were with Moorhead and his transfer QB problems. Leach is going to have a hard time. Toughest job with the most pressure he's ever had. Toughest schedule he's ever had. I'm going to just say screw it and try to keep my mouth shut until after the season and signing day. All of us raising hell isnt going to help a damn thing. It is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Before the malcontent comment, we're were going to lose between 5-10 players after the season. I expect we could see 10+ now. You can forget about a couple recruits too.
    Everyone is just sick of this shitty program. Dan started the downward spiral staying longer than he wanted, Joe completely destroyed our work ethic and coddled kids. The kids are sick of losing like we are. And we are right back where we were with Moorhead and his transfer QB problems. Leach is going to have a hard time. Toughest job with the most pressure he's ever had. Toughest schedule he's ever had. I'm going to just say screw it and try to keep my mouth shut until after the season and signing day. All of us raising hell isnt going to help a damn thing. It is what it is.
    Mississippi State Bulldogs, we are known for the "graveyard of football coaches". Say it ain't so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well if we had this many bad eggs as you say, then we weren't winning shi* anyway this year. Hope he cleans house and gets rid of anything that doesn't want to work or be coddled(screw you joe for this culture). He better bring in some good replacements is all I can say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Well if we had this many bad eggs as you say, then we weren't winning shi* anyway this year. Hope he cleans house and gets rid of anything that doesn't want to work or be coddled(screw you joe for this culture). He better bring in some good replacements is all I can say.
    I don't think we have many bad eggs. Several players were leaving due to playing time. The bad eggs are mostly older players and honestly, it's more frustration than that they're bad eggs. But some of them can't help themselves but say and do things that can't be allowed. A coach can't put up with certain things.

vCash
    We are at the bottom because Cohen decided to completely change our image from run based/tough defense to high pass offense. Nevermind the most successful years we ever had were the last 10 years and were based on the opposite. He has successfully destroyed any goodwill that Mullen has developed for us. Stick to baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    We are at the bottom because Cohen decided to completely change our image from run based/tough defense to high pass offense. Nevermind the most successful years we ever had were the last 10 years and were based on the opposite. He has successfully destroyed any goodwill that Mullen has developed for us. Stick to baseball.
    It makes no 17ing sense to do a complete philosophy change coming off the success of the Mullen years. We should?ve continued with a run-based spread offense, and Cohen had a chance to fix it after his Moorhead hire and doubled down!

vCash
    Those who are not willing to change, will always be left behind..... Yes..... Maybe changing to a pass heavy offense will work, but Leach may need to change as well to get acclimated to the SEC

vCash
    Something new was needed. The game has changed.

Lets look in the old trophy case and see how the old way has worked. That 1998 second place in the SEC trophy is getting mighty dusty.

vCash
    Disagree. Football has evolved to a point where you cant just play power football.

vCash
    Kenum has no business promoting Cohen to AD. He simply was not a good hire. Cohen reached on SloMo and then realized that and went for the pirate. We are in this place not because of a coaching hire rather an AD hire. We had so much momentum and today we are headed for Arkansas level. I don't think leach will stick around. He may but I wouldn't doubt he takes his $$$ and goes to Key West. The landscape has changed and he doesn't strike me as a fan of what's going on. From twitter to PCs... we could be hiring a coach by EOY, or he may stick it out. Regardless JC has to go

vCash
    I’m curious as to who all these “malcontents” are that Leach referenced in the post game PC as people who they need to possibly purge from the program.

We can’t score a damn TD for nothing on offense and we’re about to get rid of some people? Unless it’s guys who are just straight up not doing anything the coaches are telling them to do, why would we purge anybody in the middle of the season?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Leach isn't quitting. Damn, some of you guys are crazy as 17. I'm not Cohen fan, but he's not going anywhere either. Coaches at MSU should NEVER be promoted to AD. Not a single damn one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I’m curious as to who all these “malcontents” are that Leach referenced in the post game PC as people who they need to possibly purge from the program.

We can’t score a damn TD for nothing on offense and we’re about to get rid of some people? Unless it’s guys who are just straight up not doing anything the coaches are telling them to do, why would we purge anybody in the middle of the season?
    It has always been Leach?s MO to throw players under the bus, that?s why

vCash
    Some of y’all need to chill and take a step back. Leach came into a lot worse situation as far as the locker room than most realize. Some have left, there are a couple
    More that need to go. It ain’t hard to see. Watch the game again and watch who was mouthing after every play. There is a HUGE locker room issue right now, and It needs to be taken care of. It would turn some heads, and the media would be all over it, but it needs to happen. Players are pissed cause draft stock is going down:

Read Cole Cubics tweet. He saw it last night. “People taking there self out and fights.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    No reason to play KJ anymore. Get Rogers or even Shrader in and let's get to work. We need some threat of mobility at QB even if it's just within the pocket.
    And this might just be Leach's toughest predicament. K.J. Has made so many bad decisions the last three weeks that I just can't see him being the guy anymore. But everybody else is younger with even less experience in this offense. If we can't find a way to bring some semblance of a running game into the offense, then I think this is going to be a very long year.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Some of y’all need to chill and take a step back. Leach came into a lot worse situation as far as the locker room than most realize. Some have left, there are a couple
    More that need to go. It ain’t hard to see. Watch the game again and watch who was mouthing after every play. There is a HUGE locker room issue right now, and It needs to be taken care of. It would turn some heads, and the media would be all over it, but it needs to happen. Players are pissed cause draft stock is going down:

Read Cole Cubics tweet. He saw it last night. “People taking there self out and fights.”
    You want to know why the players are pissed??? It's because they can see what we can all see, and that is THIS IS NOT WORKING. 2 weeks in a row getting bitch slapped on offense with no changes or adjustments made, and it doesn't appear any are going to be made. I would be pissed too if I worked my ass off all week and then get bitch slapped on Saturdays and the coach isn't making any adjustments. The fact that KJ was not immediately pulled after that 3rd int last night probably killed a lot of credibility Leach had with the players. Rogers should have been in the game for the remainder of the game. Hell Rogers should have come in to start and finish the 2nd half...
    Last edited by Charlie_Sheen420; 10-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    You want to know why the players are pissed??? It's because they can see what we can all see, and that is THIS IS NOT WORKING. 2 weeks in a row getting bitch slapped on offense with no changes or adjustments made, and it doesn't appear any are going to be made. I would be pissed too if I worked my ass off all week and then get bitch slapped on Saturdays and the coach isn't making any adjustments. The fact that KJ was not immediately pulled after that 3rd int last night probably killed a lot of credibility Leach had with the players. Rogers should have been in the game for the remainder of the game. Hell Rogers should have come in the start and finish the 2nd half...
    Well ... it certainly isn't going to work if players are half-assing it every play, and all it takes is one or 2 players. The Right DT is blowing up our 5* LT AND our LG. We try to run a bubble screen and the WR not catching the ball performs a meek, half ass blocking attempt and play gets blown up. Now a lot of that could be indecision, confusion, and uncertainty.

We can't tell IF it's going to work until everyone plays at 110%. When our 5* LT and LG are getting blown up by one average damn Right DT himself, then yea ... it AIN"T working. And then some of them come back and run their mouths saying it ain't working when they half-assing it on the field.

Hate to tell you but ... NO offense is gonna work when they half-assing it. Does anyone remember 1st half of 2016 under Mullen. Players were confused and it wasn't working well. And that offense is one that worked for us when they executed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Well ... it certainly isn't going to work if players are half-assing it every play, and all it takes is one or 2 players. The Right DT is blowing up our 5* LT AND our LG. We try to run a bubble screen and the WR not catching the ball performs a meek, half ass blocking attempt and play gets blown up. Now a lot of that could be indecision, confusion, and uncertainty.

We can't tell IF it's going to work until everyone plays at 110%. When our 5* LT and LG are getting blown up by one average damn Right DT himself, then yea ... it AIN"T working. And then some of them come back and run their mouths saying it ain't working when they half-assing it on the field.

Hate to tell you but ... NO offense is gonna work when they half-assing it. Does anyone remember 1st half of 2016 under Mullen. Players were confused and it wasn't working well. And that offense is one that worked for us when they executed.
    At the end of the day it falls on Leach if they are half-assing it as he continues to put them out there to play. If you know and see someone is half-assing it, you pull their ass right then and there in the game to send a message. You put someone in that wants to play, I don't care if they are 2nd or 3rd string. I watched KJ half ass for 2 straight games now, and he continues to play him. As I said he should have never come back out in the 2nd half. Half-assing players are not being held accountable by Leach and it's going to blow up the locker room, sounds like that is already occurring.