Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After drinking a Coke

vCash
    I guess in my mind the question is, does Leach believe in the air raid so much that he figures it's better to stick with it in its purest form even though he doesn't have the QB to run it, and possibly go 2-8? Or does he decide to change things up to get a few more wins this season and then go back to the unadulterated air raid next season with either a different QB or a more experienced Rogers? It'll be interesting to see what he decides. Personally, I'd have to change a few things regarding offensive philosophy for the rest of this year and then see where we are next year. I can't see the point in Leach beating his head against the wall the rest of this year just to prove a point regarding his football ideology. If he sincerely believes he has the right quarterback on his current roster then that's one thing, but I don't see it unless Rogers is a very quick learner. There's also the risk of Rogers losing his confidence if he has too many picks because his coach won't run the ball against a 3 man front.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I guess in my mind the question is, does Leach believe in the air raid so much that he figures it's better to stick with it in its purest form even though he doesn't have the QB to run it, and possibly go 2-8? Or does he decide to change things up to get a few more wins this season and then go back to the unadulterated air raid next season with either a different QB or a more experienced Rogers? It'll be interesting to see what he decides. Personally, I'd have to change a few things regarding offensive philosophy for the rest of this year and then see where we are next year. I can't see the point in Leach beating his head against the wall the rest of this year just to prove a point regarding his football ideology. If he sincerely believes he has the right quarterback on his current roster then that's one thing, but I don't see it unless Rogers is a very quick learner. There's also the risk of Rogers losing his confidence if he has too many picks because his coach won't run the ball against a 3 man front.
    Rogers ran the Air Raid in high school and we are going to run the Air Raid with Leach so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to try to run something else. We're likely going to be much better in the long run trying to figure the offense out now with our QB going forward regardless of won/loss record because we also have a lot of young players that are going to be in this system awhile too that obviously need to learn it as well rather than waste time doing a one off offense that we're going to junk at the end of the year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Rogers ran the Air Raid in high school and we are going to run the Air Raid with Leach so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to try to run something else. We're likely going to be much better in the long run trying to figure the offense out now with our QB going forward regardless of won/loss record because we also have a lot of young players that are going to be in this system awhile too that obviously need to learn it as well rather than waste time doing a one off offense that we're going to junk at the end of the year anyway.
    Thanks for sharing some common sense here. Dead on.

vCash
    Tigahs and 9 here we come

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    He's not going to do anything outside of his system, but especially not in year 1. And he probably shouldn't. We need WRs learning to break off routes against the zone and to do it consistently enough for QBs to trust they are going to do it, and we need the QB to throw it to where they are going to break off their route.. We're going to try to execute that, because it's a basic skill that has to be mastered in order for the offense to work going forward. Trying to adjust because we can 't do that would jsut be giving up on the system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He's not going to do anything outside of his system, but especially not in year 1. And he probably shouldn't. We need WRs learning to break off routes against the zone and to do it consistently enough for QBs to trust they are going to do it, and we need the QB to throw it to where they are going to break off their route.. We're going to try to execute that, because it's a basic skill that has to be mastered in order for the offense to work going forward. Trying to adjust because we can 't do that would jsut be giving up on the system.
    As annoying as they are, the announcers talked about this over and over Saturday. Our WR are not applying what they are being taught. No one is breaking off and sitting down in the zone, they just keep running routes. This is where not having a spring camp and not having a traditional summer is killing us.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will did not run the pure air raid in HS. There is no QB on the roster than has ran it. There?s a difference in running air raid concepts and going full Leach