Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After drinking a Coke

vCash

After drinking a Coke

I think we're going to be OK. Leach may not change his offense- but he will change the players that run it. Costello isn't going to work. I can't see us going forward with him for this year. Leach is already playing Will Rogers and I think we probably roll with him going forward. That said I'm not ruling Shrader totally out either. You get SEC experience with Shrader- but Rogers has more Air Raid experience. I've casually followed Leach for awhile now and his offensive system- and it is extremely QB driven. The QB makes most of the calls or checks- Leach gives them a formation and a suggested play but the QB changes it based on what he sees. That's what I think most of the problem is- Costello doesn't get the system totally or how to attack a Cover-8. That's also why I think we roll with Rogers going forward.

I also think we will re-work the offensive line. Dolla Bill just isn't ready and he is getting beat way too much. I think we go with Cross, Parker, Jackson, Sharp, and then move Eiland to tackle.

I have no idea who he plans on purging- but if Kylin is one of those guys it's going to be a PR nightmare for MSU. If Kylin is a problem I would probably just not start him. We'll probably kick off a receiver or two I bet.

The good news is our defense has been surprisingly good- one of the best in the league probably. And that's good news because if we can find a way to average 28 PPG on offense which would be probably the worst in Leach's career we'll still have a good year. 21 might even win us a lot. We also have a pretty good special teams unit so far as well. I think 28 PPG may be doable with some changes as I mentioned above.

Hail State and sorry if I offended anyone with my language. I love you mother****ers!

vCash
    Sorry I stopped at coke.. I was thining a shot of coke and glass of bourbon.

you my boy... but this f8cking sucks.

vCash
    Thanks man! We'll get it figured out. I just don't want to rebuild. Better days ahead for sure.

vCash
    I don’t want us to ever play in Lexington again. Bad omen for sure. Our run defense has been a surprise, but we are still atrocious in the secondary, and will get that exploited next week, in the worst of ways. Kentucky is not any good judging from tonight's effort, and I dont ever recall losing to a Kentucky team this uninspiring. We helped their coach tonight for sure.

vCash
    Whoever is stirring it up in the locker room has to be gone. Simply cutting playing time and leaving them there will only make them worse.

vCash
    It's funny how the board has totally forgotten their own pre-season common sense. Most people predicted .500 or less. Most people expected growing pains. Many believed we didn't have the WR needed to run the system as we were continually reminded we've had the worst WR in the SEC for 3 seasons. Many people said "Leach doesn't change, we won't run, it will take time but he knows what he's doing". Lots of people cautioned that JoMios culture and the Leach culture would clash. Many were calling this season "Season 0" or basically an extended training camp because of COVID and all the crazy - and all the hurdles it put into learning the Air Raid.

Well here we are. All those things are coming to pass - and we have a bunch of bleeding ******* ready to fire everyone.
    It's comical. Remember the expectations that most of you set prior to 3 weeks ago, and you will be much better off and more realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It's funny how the board has totally forgotten their own pre-season common sense. Most people predicted .500 or less. Most people expected growing pains. Many believed we didn't have the WR needed to run the system as we were continually reminded we've had the worst WR in the SEC for 3 seasons. Many people said "Leach doesn't change, we won't run, it will take time but he knows what he's doing". Lots of people cautioned that JoMios culture and the Leach culture would clash. Many were calling this season "Season 0" or basically an extended training camp because of COVID and all the crazy - and all the hurdles it put into learning the Air Raid.

Well here we are. All those things are coming to pass - and we have a bunch of bleeding ******* ready to fire everyone.
    It's comical. Remember the expectations that most of you set prior to 3 weeks ago, and you will be much better off and more realistic.
    Expectations were to look better on O, beat Ark and UK, not go backwards. Yes firing now is not the answer, just people's emotions out of control.

vCash
    Can we talk about how well the defense is playing, because the offense sucked mule dick yesterday.

vCash
    Leach is our Emory "The Memory"

The wind has gotten sucked out of the air in Starkvegas! As Howard Cosell yelled at the Ali/Foreman fight when Foreman was being knocked out, "It's Over"!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Leach is our Emory "The Memory"

The wind has gotten sucked out of the air in Starkvegas! As Howard Cosell yelled at the Ali/Foreman fight when Foreman was being knocked out, "It's Over"!!!
    I thought about Bellard going 3-8 in year one to be honest with you.

vCash
    I'm not a coach but why do the OL have such wide splits between each man?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I thought about Bellard going 3-8 in year one to be honest with you.
    Both are very hard headed, both had success at a new "offense", but being in the Sec is different, faster, bigger, quicker, and more athletic players with way more better overall Coaches with a passionate fan base. This league ain't for "softness"!

vCash
    Most everyone?s expectation was 2-1 before season started... there were some 1-2... it looks like Vegas prediction of 2.5 wins for the season was spot on...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Most everyone?s expectation was 2-1 before season started... there were some 1-2... it looks like Vegas prediction of 2.5 wins for the season was spot on...
    Media doesn't wear "Maroon Glasses". Not sure we will win another Sec game this year, we may be headed to what Arkansas went thru.

vCash
    "Drinking" coke

vCash

I wouldn't be so worried if ark and Kentucky didn't shut us down just like Washington did leach. Keep in mind, ark and Kentucky gave up over 30 per game in other 2 sec games.

vCash
    We'll be OK. With better execution we are 3-0 right now. I just (foolishly?) thought we wouldn't have transitional pains, but we do.

vCash
    Leach has to figure out what to do when the opposing team goes to a 3 and 8 defense. He doesn't seem to have a clue right now, except to throw little short passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Leach has to figure out what to do when the opposing team goes to a 3 and 8 defense. He doesn't seem to have a clue right now, except to throw little short passes.
    He's faced that defense his whole career. We just aren't executing competently against it. Any SEC OL should be able to block a 3-man rush, but we can't.

vCash

Thank you for a great post. How short is our memory.

I have said it all my life, People are idiots.