Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post game pressor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Getcha_a_Burner View Post
    I'm out of the loop. Why isn't Mayden an option?
    Honestly- I've never seen him throw a pass beyond five yards in a game situation. But if he is the best option I have no problem with him playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Honestly- I've never seen him throw a pass beyond five yards in a game situation. But if he is the best option I have no problem with him playing.
    We haven't thrown a pass beyond 5 yards in two games either

vCash
    Watching our QB's have open field in front of them, where they could easily skip through the tulips to a 1st down, but chose to instead throw a wobbly pass into triple coverage just for it to be picked or battled away tells me that the scheme may need some adjustments....

To have zero threat to run form the QB is such a nonsensical approach. They're even running QBs in the NFL. This isn't an "offense"; it's a gimmick. And gimmicks never last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The speed and size of SEC defenses are just different.
    I hate statements like this. You'd think the entire SEC was full of alien freaks the way some people talk. Outside of the perennial blue bloods (in other conferences as well) it's not that different unless maybe we're talking about the MAC or Sunbelt. If averaged out on paper I'd bet the star distribution is quite close between the SEC, ACC, Big10, Big12, and Pac 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I hate statements like this. You'd think the entire SEC was full of alien freaks the way some people talk. Outside of the perennial blue bloods (in other conferences as well) it's not that different unless maybe we're talking about the MAC or Sunbelt. If averaged out on paper I'd bet the star distribution is quite close between the SEC, ACC, Big10, Big12, and Pac 12.
    Not to mention the SEC has better receivers and offensive linemen than whatever 4th-rate no-names from California that Leach convinced to join him in Pullman for all those years. Is the gap between our receivers and SEC defenders really bigger than the gap between WSU's receivers and Pac-12 defenders?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Watching our QB's have open field in front of them, where they could easily skip through the tulips to a 1st down, but chose to instead throw a wobbly pass into triple coverage just for it to be picked or battled away tells me that the scheme may need some adjustments....

To have zero threat to run form the QB is such a nonsensical approach. They're even running QBs in the NFL. This isn't an "offense"; it's a gimmick. And gimmicks never last.
    If there is triple coverage- SOMEONE should be open. They're also running the Air Raid and Air Raid concepts in the NFL and this offense has worked for well over 20 years. So I think it's past gimmick stage.

Last time I checked we had SEC players too.

vCash
    The ACC has Clemson, the BIG10 has Ohio State, the BIG12 HAD Oklahoma, and the PAC12 has no one. We have had Auburn, Alabama, and LSU win national titles recently with UGA knocking on the door. The competition is more intense in the SEC. the other conferences have one or two games they have to worry about. We have to worry about every SEC game outside of Vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    We haven't thrown a pass beyond 5 yards in two games either
    Actually I do remember one

It was 4th and 1

vCash
    If there is triple coverage- SOMEONE should be open. They're also running the Air Raid and Air Raid concepts in the NFL and this offense has worked for well over 20 years. So I think it's past gimmick stage.
    Oh, I agree, and that's my point. Teams in the NFL also run the QB when advantageous, they have more than 2 basic run plays, they use bootlegs, misdirection, etc.

We don't do any of that. It appears that Mike wants to run his offense his way or the highway. That's what I meant by gimmick. We have zero complexity or unpredictability to our scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    The ACC has Clemson, the BIG10 has Ohio State, the BIG12 HAD Oklahoma, and the PAC12 has no one. We have had Auburn, Alabama, and LSU win national titles recently with UGA knocking on the door. The competition is more intense in the SEC. the other conferences have one or two games they have to worry about. We have to worry about every SEC game outside of Vandy.
    True if you're talking about current "winners" but I'm referring to talent on paper. On paper there's plenty of talent in those conferences.

vCash
    Btw the malcontent story has found it's way onto the front page of ESPN in an article by Rittenberg. I agree and hope Leach does clean house of those that are detriments to the team but I feel like in this pc culture this could backfire on Leach. I hope not.

vCash

vCash
    **** me i can't believe this shit is happening with a proven coach and an elite rated quarterback. If the year 2020 had a football team it's ****ing us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Did anyone else listen to Leachs post game pressor? I swear he said that there are some malcontents and they are about to be dealt with. Anyone hear that. It was near the end of the session.
    If he actually said that ... Id love to see it.

vCash
    His Qb is causing the same problem as last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    That was a BS tweet by little boy Horka. Taken out of context. Cohen needs to pull his credentials.
    Agree, Horka is a trouble maker. He is one that needs to be gone.

vCash
    Agree and why I hate the air raid. Will did make a few downfield completions past 5 not KJ

vCash
    I'm fine with that if he's the best option. And you may very well be right that he is the best option. If nothing else at least he knows where the first down marker is- he may get helicoptered before he gets there but that's better than sliding two yards short.
    This is our answer right now. Garret can throw 5 yards and he can run. We win last 2 with Garret doing that and win several more to go bowl with Shrader. Leach didn't want a transition to his O he wanted instant but he ain't gonna get it.

vCash
    Bottom line Leach made a bad decision on KJ and MSU will pay the price. Now he doesn't want to own it in front of fans and team. When does basketball start?

vCash
    Btw the malcontent story has found it's way onto the front page of ESPN in an article by Rittenberg. I agree and hope Leach does clean house of those that are detriments to the team but I feel like in this pc culture this could backfire on Leach. I hope not.
    I can't stand the PC/cancel culture/attack whitey crap...... but that's the American press now a days. If it causes Leach to leave at years end in one way or the other...... I think MSU will be avoiding an Arkansas style collapse of its football program.

I don't want a roster full of 3 star WR when he does leave in 4 years.