Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the worst offense State has ever had

vCash

This is the worst offense State has ever had

Please replace this idiot with a damn decent coach. Pay Napier or for goodness sake hire Freeze!!! I'd throw the checkbook at Freeze right now.

vCash
    Something is badly wrong.

It makes no sense to me
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Attacking a defense dropping 8 by throwing 73 3 yard passes....

What is the purpose of the prevent? Were doing exactly what they want us to do. And we had all week to prepare for it.

We are a better football team than Arkansas and Kentucky. They were much better coached

I'm not going to evaluate long term. But I will evaluate these last 2 weeks. That was worse than 3-2. Not close

We are playing 5 against 8. Our quarterback is playing awful but he is also being put in awful positions. If only we had a running back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

It makes no sense to me
    We have a California ***** at QB that can't read a defense. WR's that have no idea if it's zone or man. A shitty o-line that can't block people. And a running back that taps out after every touch.

Yeah something is badly wrong. In all facets.

vCash
    The gameplan is currently worse than our execution. And our execution is bad I get it. That's My .02.

The LOS has to be respected. Drop 8 to cover 5 and have no reason to cheat forward.

I do tip my hat to our defensive effort and preparation. They are fun to watch.

vCash

It makes no sense to me
    The defense knows the play pre snap..... it's obvious. Our offense doesn't know what it's doing..... even more obvious. Poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    Attacking a defense dropping 8 by throwing 73 3 yard passes....

What is the purpose of the prevent? Were doing exactly what they want us to do. And we had all week to prepare for it.

We are a better football team than Arkansas and Kentucky. They were much better coached

I'm not going to evaluate long term. But I will evaluate these last 2 weeks. That was worse than 3-2. Not close

We are playing 5 against 8. Our quarterback is playing awful but he is also being put in awful positions. If only we had a running back.
    Seriously, how did KY make this thing work in the 90s? Did SEC DCs not know about a drop 8 zone defense back then? Tim Couch must have been a miracle worker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, how did KY make this thing work in the 90s? Did SEC DCs not know about a drop 8 zone defense back then? Tim Couch must have been a miracle worker.
    Tim Couch was a hellava QB/ Plus the defenses were geared to stop the power run back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We have a California ***** at QB that can't read a defense. WR's that have no idea if it's zone or man. A shitty o-line that can't block people. And a running back that taps out after every touch.

Yeah something is badly wrong. In all facets.
    Thats basically what leach is saying. Plus he said the coaches failed. Duh.

vCash
    We have an approach similar to 7 v 7 drills and workouts.

But the numbers are actually 5 v 8

The line of scrimmage will have to be respected.

vCash
    Luginbill was right. Leach has to have a run game. In fact, I'll add he needs an accurate dual threat QB too. Shrader/Dak/Fitz would have eaten up free yards tonight.

vCash
    This is so embarrassing. Ole Miss is gonna make us their bitch this year.

vCash
    Y'all are all wrong. Our offensive line is complete and utter ass. Three should never beat five, and yet they do. Mason Miller is the issue, and those fat lazy shits we have playing. Get a real OL in there and this shit works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Luginbill was right. Leach has to have a run game. In fact, I'll add he needs an accurate dual threat QB too. Shrader/Dak/Fitz would have eaten up free yards tonight.
    I think Shrader would be am immediate improvement. Its really not necessarily because he is a better quarterback. Its because it would create the threat at controlling the line of scrimmage. Therefore he would be a better option for our offense.

We will not see a man defense until something changes.

vCash
    I think Shrader would be am immediate improvement. Its really not necessarily because he is a better quarterback. Its because it would create the threat at controlling the line of scrimmage. Therefore he would be a better option for our offense.

Well hell man, it's short passes anyway in this 3/8 defense Leach can't crack. Schrader can hit some 8-10 yard passes and then roll in some QB keepers.

Leach needs to see now that this isn't going to work with SEC defenses. This isn't the PAC12.

vCash
    Except none of those guys (save Dak of course) can throw it accurately enough to punish teams for bringing more men up. Nothing happens in a vacuum

the reality is we have a QB who literally just chucks the ball sometimes. He doesn't see the field on those ints, he throws it to triple coverage or right to a dropping lb. if he was processing ANYTHING he'd stop himself. He either makes up his mind what he's going to do pre snap or he doesn't have the knowledge of the O/raw IQ to process what he sees.

No air raid can work with a dumb QB. Just like no power running scheme can work with Brandon Holloway going up the middle

Add in too many penalties, drops, wrong routes, and an OL that wasn't recruited to play in or been coached long for this system and you have a shitshow

vCash

If nothing else Shrader would scramble for first downs. No questioning his toughness.

vCash
    Well hell man, it's short passes anyway in this 3/8 defense Leach can't crack. Schrader can hit some 8-10 yard passes and then roll in some QB keepers.

Leach needs to see now that this isn't going to work with SEC defenses. This isn't the PAC12.
    Agree 100 percent

Our players arent being put in position to be successful. Our offensive gameplan failed them two straight weeks.

The more talented team lost. The better coached team won. That simple.

The defense played their ass off and deserved better. We dont adjust next week and it's gone be very ugly

vCash
    I think Leach will figure it out. He's too smart and experienced not to.

He never changes, but he's never had to change. Night like tonight may help us in the long run because it's going to force him to adjust. He's not going to get fired without trying to adjust.

He never adjusted at Wazzou because he never had. Sure, UW figured him out, but when he was winning 8-9 games a year, who cares if UW has you figured out?

He'll adjust
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think Leach will figure it out. He's too smart and experienced not to.

He never changes, but he's never had to change. Night like tonight may help us in the long run because it's going to force him to adjust. He's not going to get fired without trying to adjust.

He never adjusted at Wazzou because he never had. Sure, UW figured him out, but when he was winning 8-9 games a year, who cares if UW has you figured out?

He'll adjust
    Well ark figured him out in the sec, so it's sort of a problem