Thread: For you cats with Jr High Footballers... (re: Moses)

vCash

For you cats with Jr High Footballers... (re: Moses)

Is there not still a rule on player size and/or ability that segregates this kinda thing????

https://twitter.com/i/status/1313885084265701379
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I think there still is in pee wee leagues, but once you hit about 7th grade and start playing school ball there's nothing you can really do about it.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    That is the U Lab school on the LSU campus. I think that most of the leagues in the BR limit the ball carrier to weighing no more than 150 lbs, for the league that my son played in that was the rule. He looks to be well over 150 lbs. and a lot of muscle. The Lab school is primarily taxpayer funded private school that was originally designated to be for the children of LSU professors and for student teacher development, it has strayed far, far from that and is looking to be a football factory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    That is the U Lab school on the LSU campus. I think that most of the leagues in the BR limit the ball carrier to weighing no more than 150 lbs, for the league that my son played in that was the rule. He looks to be well over 150 lbs. and a lot of muscle. The Lab school is primarily taxpayer funded private school that was originally designated to be for the children of LSU professors and for student teacher development, it has strayed far, far from that and is looking to be a football factory.
    Mississippi State should do the same. Use the school as training for Education Majors to do practice teaching.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 10-09-2020 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    He would have gone down with any good tackling technique. The other teams coach failed there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Mississippi State should do the same. Use the school as training for Education Majors to do practice teaching.
    Maybe they could do it with all the 6th and 7th graders in the Starkville Oktibbeha county school district. They should build it next to the Bryan Building and call it a Partnership Middle school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    He would have gone down with any good tackling technique. The other teams coach failed there.
    Lol ok
    You can lead a horse to water but you can?t make him drink
    Last edited by Uncle Ruckus; 10-09-2020 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Maybe they could do it with all the 6th and 7th graders in the Starkville Oktibbeha county school district. They should build it next to the Bryan Building and call it a Partnership Middle school.
    The long term plan isn't to limit that to 6th and 7th grade is it? That seems like it would be short sighted and not really help with retention of university employees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Looked like the lack of technique largely stemmed from not wanting to tackle him. And I don't really blame a lot of them. He had a big enough size advantage that he was still going to be able to break pretty well executed form tackles by some of them, and every tackle would probably hurt.

Surprised there weren't more people just diving at his legs and trying to wrap up down there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The long term plan isn't to limit that to 6th and 7th grade is it? That seems like it would be short sighted and not really help with retention of university employees.
    If only there was a machine that could tell you what the plan was...

Are you suggesting that all SOCD students be on one campus attached to MSU? That seems like a waste of the existing facilities, and a poor use of taxpayer money. But of course the other concept was at LSU. MSU doesn't have a hospital to steal money from.

vCash
    If only there was a machine that could tell you what the plan was...

Are you suggesting that all SOCD students be on one campus attached to MSU?
    No. I'm suggesting that since the quality of Starkville schools is a major disadvantage for MSU in recruiting and retaining employees (as well as for Starkville itself), it'd be worth the investment to have a partnership school that at least covers Jr. High and High School. ETA: at least it was a major disadvantage. I'm assuming there hasn't been a major improvement which may be incorrect.

That seems like a waste of the existing facilities, and a poor use of taxpayer money.
    Poor use of taxpayer money is unfortunately a good description of most public schools in Mississippi. Using existing facilities would be great, but the important thing is doing whatever it takes to make sure there is a free or very low cost school available that is also very good.

But of course the other concept was at LSU. MSU doesn't have a hospital to steal money from.
    Plenty of hospitals. It's just that are fans that work at them aren't good fans and keep prioritizing sick people and basic morality over sports.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    No. I'm suggesting that since the quality of Starkville schools is a major disadvantage for MSU in recruiting and retaining employees (as well as for Starkville itself), it'd be worth the investment to have a partnership school that at least covers Jr. High and High School. ETA: at least it was a major disadvantage. I'm assuming there hasn't been a major improvement which may be incorrect.

Poor use of taxpayer money is unfortunately a good description of most public schools in Mississippi. Using existing facilities would be great, but the important thing is doing whatever it takes to make sure there is a free or very low cost school available that is also very good.

Plenty of hospitals. It's just that are fans that work at them aren't good fans and keep prioritizing sick people and basic morality over sports.**
    Investing $30 million in a buildings for a middle school for the entire district and starting a close relationship (literally on MSU's campus) with MSU seems like a good start to improving the reputation of the school. I mean sure I guess they could have spent an additional $90 million to do it for grades 6-12 instead of just 6-7. I guess they spent all that extra money somewhere else***

That's a great idea. By using existing buildings, they save literally millions in construction costs. Millions that Mississippi public schools don't have. Since they are criminally underfunded by the MS state government.

Yeah Mississippi always lagged Louisiana when it came to corruption and graft.

Also, there are several good press releases about the school and how they hope its a start to better schools in all of Mississippi

vCash
    There are only weight limits in peewee/rec ball as far as i know, only age/grade limits in school (middle/junior/high school) ball.